Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 04:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times

Advertisements

Will never happen. Mythological deities are no match for actual bombs. Allah Snackbar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Will never happen. Mythological deities are no match for actual bombs. Allah Snackbar.
Well, they can keep on trying. Whats interesting is they claim that the West and Israel are their worst enemies. In reality other Muslims are their worst enemy!

Old 08-11-2014, 06:40 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
I know this will come as a shock to the more fearful here, but we've already won. I'm talking long term here and this latest bunch of thugs using religion as a cover to decimate local populations are simply a temporary anomoly easily predicted as a result of our very misguided foreign policy. Take a look at any photographs from any medium to large city, not only in the mid-east but world wide. What do you see? McDonalds, Pepsi, Coke, KFC, etc. etc. Ask them if they know who Michael Jordan is or Mohamid Ali or Jay Z or Beyonce or Michael Jackson. We would do more good dropping pizzas on them instead of bombs. Give the average common man hope for a future for himself and his family and you will soon see the pool of terrorist recruits shrink to almost nothing.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:20 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
I know this will come as a shock to the more fearful here, but we've already won. I'm talking long term here and this latest bunch of thugs using religion as a cover to decimate local populations are simply a temporary anomoly easily predicted as a result of our very misguided foreign policy. Take a look at any photographs from any medium to large city, not only in the mid-east but world wide. What do you see? McDonalds, Pepsi, Coke, KFC, etc. etc. Ask them if they know who Michael Jordan is or Mohamid Ali or Jay Z or Beyonce or Michael Jackson. We would do more good dropping pizzas on them instead of bombs. Give the average common man hope for a future for himself and his family and you will soon see the pool of terrorist recruits shrink to almost nothing.
I tend to agree. Send in fast food and it will destroy them just like it is here! Make franchises cheaper for those in the middle east by subsidizing their franchise and the fananticals will lose.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm sorry to say that after reading this post, I believe it is you who have been isolated and living in a paranoid bunker mentality.
I have much more faith in America, it's institutions and our people, than to fall into your paranoid mindset.
well that is b/c you don't remember it as it was 65 years ago.....and America's institutions are no longer ours but belong to many other countries....

Our social stystems are falling apart....
and if you think for one moment this cannot happen, you are definately drinking the cool aide.
They managed to build Mosque at the site of the twin towers didn't they?

you may insult me all you want, but the truth remains....you have no idea how many of them are already here....

They will do what they have said...it is only a matter of time....

Old 08-12-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I hope you are right, I really do!

Old 08-12-2014, 08:31 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
I read that the Pope has called for a fifth crusade in a round about way..... Might be time to bring back the Knights Templar.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Are we talking about politicians?
LOL, I think not this time....

seriously, I remember our teacher, talking to us about terrorists....
He said, "Taking out someone's leader is the quickest way to dissolve the army". However, in the case of a Terrorist, you take him out, and there is always someone ready to take his place....more so, standing in waiting to pick up that flag and attack again and again.
The other thing about them is, "you won't know who they are".
they dedicate their lives, and the lives of their children's children to killing Americans.

My son was over there, he said, when you step out of the plane, it's like stepping off into the Biblical times, it's so primitive...and they keep it that way to control. That is why they kill women who had anything to say...they rule with fear....we have no idea....the power, consentration and dedication to their country and religion.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I read that the Pope has called for a fifth crusade in a round about way..... Might be time to bring back the Knights Templar.
boy, I love reading about them...

Old 08-12-2014, 09:27 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Good points, but as world history has shown there have been no long periods of peace in the world and there are no signs of it letting up. The current administration is a good example of what should have been a more peaceful administration and it ends up being more of the same: 'Cruise missle attacks on individuals over seas at an all time high', spying on our Allies, and personal liberty at an all time low.

The violence will continue as it always has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies