Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 08:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am sure your friends and family will remember what you said......for a short time.

People really do not pay attention.....in a few years......the most they will remember is they have heard of the business.

Not what they heard.
Do you seriously believe that word of mouth doesn't impact local businesses?

It most certainly does.

IF the general public consensus is that the food is bad; the service is bad; or the staff is rude . .
the business is doomed unless they can rearrange that perception.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
That's right, make them pay and teach 'em a lesson! You didn't get a friggin dress so their livelihoods must be destroyed and they should be ruined and put out on the streets. All over a lousy friggin dress. Harboring such a hateful and vengeful attitude, no wonder society rejects the homosexual as they go out of their way to cultivate and create endless enemies.
Not buying what you're selling.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:10 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,277,143 times
Quote:
When you own the store you get to decide how you will run and operate your business. You have earned it, bought and paid for it as well. Don't like it then go somewhere else.
And if you only wish to serve white people in your store?

Sorry, but you are in the wrong. Discrimination on any basis is wrong.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you seriously believe that word of mouth doesn't impact local businesses?

It most certainly does.

IF the general public consensus is that the food is bad; the service is bad; or the staff is rude . .
the business is doomed unless they can rearrange that perception.
In the short term.....maybe.

In the long run......I have seen it happen over and over.....people just remember the name.....not what they heard.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:49 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, that, and causing personal and financial ruin to anyone and everyone who disagrees with them, in addition to making sure we all not only agree with but actually endorse and celebrate their chosen lifestyle and activities as being perfectly normal.
In business, just like anything else, bad news travels faster than good news. Turning away customers because she chose to run her business like a theocracy, is the fault of the business owner, not the customer. We don't live in a theocracy.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
No. Wrong. You are attempting to bully people into compliance with your homosexual agenda when you can just as easily go to any number of the myriad of stores available to cater to your cause. You enjoy picking on those you do not like as in they represent the society that rejects you.

This ain't the only shop in town and when you can go to where you will have pleasant memories why in God's name do you people persist in attacking decent hard working people just because you can't get a friggin dress from them? These continual bullying actions, tactics and behaviors have made you the enemy to be vanquished.

Oh, my, do you think it is JUST the grown for the bride? A large wedding will dress the ENTIRE bridal party. That owner will not only lose that bride's business, but also the Mothers, Maid/Matron of Honor, Bridemaides also. Oh, I suppose the Mothers, Sisters, Friends of these gay couples are SINNERS also for supporting them?????? I would not set foot in a business like that myself as the STRAIGHT mother of a lesbian child. My straight married daughter wouldn't either. You seem to forget that gay couples have FAMILIES, and STRAIGHT friends. Hello? Yep, word of mouth, can put them out of business. It is called bad Customer Service.

BTW, I threw out all my Barilla pasta in my house and have not bought it since.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 AM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
In the short term.....maybe.

In the long run......I have seen it happen over and over.....people just remember the name.....not what they heard.

Any publicity is good publicity.
The Christian right is clearly overreacting on all of this since "Any publicity is good publicity." I mean this will all work itself out in the end, right? Just hang in there.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
No. Wrong. You are attempting to bully people into compliance with your homosexual agenda
You call it a "homosexual agenda".... I call it Civil Rights....
Quote:
when you can just as easily go to any number of the myriad of stores available to cater to your cause.
Let me ask you..... do you think it's a businesses Right to deny service to a black man because he's black? It's a simple question, and requires only a yes or no answer.....

Old 08-10-2014, 02:04 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But - it's ok for society to say 'your personal beliefs don't match ours so we won't sell you goods or services'.

Look. Actions have consequences in ALL walks of life and in business. IF I am rude and refuse service to a customer in the age of social media ~ I can expect that word to get out.

Are the business owners really that dense? Apparently.

Yep. They wanted to make a simple purchase. End of story.
I agree. The shop owners wanted the publicity no doubt to up their points with the Christian community. It's ok that people don't approve since it's pretty low, and even non Christians that "gods law" says no such thing, it's just a "I don't like gay people" thing. If you're going to be public you will get public reaction. It's impossible to not. Look at the uptick in business for Hobby Lobby and the chicken place, people were praising them to high heaven and had no problem with THAT public reaction Understand that public reaction will not all be positive though.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:13 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
The Christian right is clearly overreacting on all of this since "Any publicity is good publicity." I mean this will all work itself out in the end, right? Just hang in there.
Yes....IMO...it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies