Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
This might be hard for you to believe, but a few people in business do place their religious, political, social beliefs above profit from a bridal gown, wedding cake, or wedding reception.
Not hard to believe, as long as we have religion we will have religious zealots. I'm always happy when a shop keeper warns me ahead of time, by placing that little fish sticker in the window.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And their kid doesn't try and hang out with yours.
Nice to see you're paying attention and I'm pleased to have made an impression. Let's get off of this trip down memory lane and back to the topic.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:22 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Here we go again is right.

Walmart didn't have to bake a cake for that couple who wanted one for their kid named "Adolf Hitler,", I bet a black seamstress wouldn't be forced to sew KKK hoods, and just think about the gay event planners being required to provide flowers/setup for the fundie Christian groups.

Those bridal shop owners should work out of their home. That's what one confection-baker had to do. And maybe those perpetually offended parties should.....hmmmmmm.....maybe go to another bridal shop and knock it off with the phony "I didn't know you didn't serve lesbians" routine instead of contacting CNN? What a concept.

*sigh*

Old 08-11-2014, 11:23 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
I'm always happy when a shop keeper warns me ahead of time, by placing that little fish sticker in the window.
Can I understand that to mean that you simply find elsewhere to shop and another business from which to receive the desired goods or services? So we agree. (Wow! I'm converting them left and right here! )

Old 08-11-2014, 11:24 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Not hard to believe, as long as we have religion we will have religious zealots. I'm always happy when a shop keeper warns me ahead of time, by placing that little fish sticker in the window.
I 100% agree with Eliza on this one.

Where is the line drawn between practicing religious belief and discriminating against certain individuals? The problem with this is that very conservative, honest, religious people can be denied the right to follow their religion. Others, however, can unethically channel this right towards the discrimination of gays and lesbians.

If you open a shop, you open the shop to the public, If you don't consider lesbian and gays the general public, put a sticker on the window and warn people first.

I love God by the way. The fact that people use religion to justify hatred is mind numbing.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:30 AM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we have laws in this country against discrimination. open a public business? deal with them or don't open a business catering to the public.
Legal doesn't always make it the right thing to do. People break laws everyday- our President does so. Only when overly sensitive groups don't get their way is there a huge outcry.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Your business establishment is governed by laws. You don't have the right to do whatever you want. This has nothing to do with some mythical gay agenda. This Bridal shop would be in trouble if they refused to provide services to a black woman too.

Or is there a Black Agenda now too?
Everyone has an agenda- icluding you and I. The media loves to promote the "gay" agenda because the media by and large opposes God.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:33 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Can I understand that to mean that you simply find elsewhere to shop and another business from which to receive the desired goods or services? So we agree. (Wow! I'm converting them left and right here! )
You are not coverting anyone.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Nice to see you're paying attention and I'm pleased to have made an impression. Let's get off of this trip down memory lane and back to the topic.
Oh sure. If by topic you mean thinly veiled homophobic nonsense masquerading as religious freedom.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:42 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I 100% agree with Eliza on this one.

Where is the line drawn between practicing religious belief and discriminating against certain individuals? The problem with this is that very conservative, honest, religious people can be denied the right to follow their religion. Others, however, can unethically channel this right towards the discrimination of gays and lesbians.

If you open a shop, you open the shop to the public, If you don't consider lesbian and gays the general public, put a sticker on the window and warn people first.

I love God by the way. The fact that people use religion to justify hatred is mind numbing.
They do not have to put stickers on their shop window they have the right to refuse service within the law. Disagreeing with something someone else does does not make them hateful. I do not agree with people who go out and party all the time does not mean I hate them. Words like hate and bigotry are thrown out to often in the wrong context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies