Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 12:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times

Advertisements

Gotta love these "Christians."

If they only knew what kind of disgusting things heterosexuals can get into in the bedroom.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Short of finding an identifiable body part or major organ in my food, I would take it up with the manager of the store, ask for my money back and go about my day. The only ones I might notify would be the Health Department. Of what interest would it be to the global audience reachable through FB or other social media. Let the authorities handle it, not the public at large. Get a life!

Do you know that the proprietor initiated the conversation about these particular women's sexual preferences? Do you know that she didn't? I've never been asked by any business where my tastes lie in such areas.

The worst she can be reasonably be accused of is being a poor businesswoman. And if that's true, her business will naturally fail over time without the assistance or prodding of those with an agenda to change the world's attitudes through the use of coercion.
And if the owner told you no and to get lost? Then what? Of course you have to be aware of news stories like this in the past, an easy Google search would shoe that to you.

Also, the shop owner's bigotry shouldn't stand in the way of making twice the money from two brides needing dresses, that is just stupid of the owner.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:21 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And if the owner told you no and to get lost? Then what? Of course you have to be aware of news stories like this in the past, an easy Google search would shoe that to you.

Also, the shop owner's bigotry shouldn't stand in the way of making twice the money from two brides needing dresses, that is just stupid of the owner.
My statement stands. I would notify the Health Department. Had they become aggressive I'd notify the police to let them know I was the one who dealt a beat down. Other than that, would I make a public scandal over the cost of a meal? I really couldn't be bothered as I've better things to do. As I said, let the authorities deal with it, and again, get a life where the interactions of people you don't know aren't of such concern.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
My statement stands. I would notify the Health Department. Had they become aggressive I'd notify the police to let them know I was the one who dealt a beat down. Other than that, would I make a public scandal over the cost of a meal? I really couldn't be bothered as I've better things to do. As I said, let the authorities deal with it, and again, get a life where the interactions of people you don't know aren't of such concern.
Well some people would be upset enough to notify the media, even if you couldn't be bothered to do such a thing. I am sure you would dissuade anyone from going there.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 PM

431 posts, read 474,529 times
[quote=youngabe;36098853]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post

Try a spell check. I think I deciphered your mess correctly though.

What evidence do you have that homosexuality is a choice?
What evidence do you have that it isnt ?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:19 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
Shouldn't people in a free country have the right to chose who they do business with? To argue othersise seems to imply they are slaves to customers.
How are they going to run a business if customers don't want to do business with them?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you think being straight is a lifestyle? I have a feeling you guys don't know what the word "lifestyle" means.
lifestyle A way of life that reflects the attitude and VALUES of a group or person . Look it up yourself if your stlil not sure .

Old 08-16-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Shouldn't people in a free country have the right to chose who they do business with? To argue othersise seems to imply they are slaves to customers. If this was the only bridal shop in PA, I could see it being an issue. But it isn't. So just go to another one if you are a lesbian. Problem solved. If a store didn't want to serve me because i'm a white guy, I'd be more than happy not to give them my money.
exactly right people choose where to shop because of bigoted held views EXAMPLE* walmart .hobby lobby * why cant the business owner have the same choice ??

Old 08-16-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I shop at Walmart b/c of low prices. I'm not sure where you are getting bigotry from but I'm guessin I don't want to know. lol Your hobby lobby example doesn't work. That was about religious freedom.

The Bible is pretty tough on homosexuality so I'm always surprised that people are surprised that some Christians are opposed to gay marriage. They see homosexuality as a sin. To say they can't see it that way is to argue there is no freedom of religion.
Im not religious
im not gay
i believe in freedom to choice your own lifestyle /religion .

i support the right of those who own business to serve ONLY those it chooses to, for WHATEVER REASON same as a person can choose to NOT shop at walmart FOR WHAT EVER REASON
same right for all freedom to choose libertarian

Old 08-16-2014, 10:47 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
lifestyle A way of life that reflects the attitude and VALUES of a group or person . Look it up yourself if your stlil not sure .
So why did you post that homosexuality is a 'lifestyle' then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies