Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:28 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,627,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there wont be beheadings in America....is your head buried that deep in the sand??

you don't think they will make it to the shores of the us??

what about the islamics that are pushing for sharia law within the us?
Quote:
Does Sharia law allow a husband to rape his wife, even in America? A New Jersey trial judge thought so. In a recently overturned case, a “trial judge found as a fact that defendant committed conduct that constituted a sexual assault” but did not hold the defendant liable because the defendant believed he was exercising his rights over the victim.

What kind of judge in our judicial system can hold two such contradictory opinions Under our Constitution, NO one has 'rights' over a victim.

At least, not yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,042,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I just read a post from another source that said ISIS is participating in the riots.
May be some of you know how to find those kind of links but they are egging it on.

OK, wait...what?!

What riots?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:41 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,097,778 times
I do believe that ISIS wants to come to America and probably have sympathizers here already. Apparently there is a report out there saying that ISIS have been in conversation with the Mexican Cartels. Not sure if I totally believe this, but, it does make sense for them to do so on some levels. If it is true, then it's clear they are taking great steps to infiltrate the US. THIS is what scares me based on the ease of which people can come here illegally.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:49 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,952,225 times
Never say never, DD. We never thought they'd fly airplanes into buildings either. And ISIS is even too radical for Al Qaeda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Beheading again?

Why are you folks so hung up on beheading? That's just one method of murder.

And they aren't gonna behead people here. Calm down.

A sensible proposal.

However, no CIA please. Lol...they're a joke.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:53 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,812,167 times
When we went into Iraq we destabilized the region and allowed some hideous people to fill the void. Why do we think we can eliminate all the evil people in the world?

Everyone should be thrilled as the president has stepped up his attacks on ISIS. Do I hear any praise for the president?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:13 PM

25,743 posts, read 16,359,436 times
I was shocked to hear Geraldo Rivera call for a declaration of war on ISIS, wherever they are by the US on Fox this morning.

As liberal and anti war as he usually is.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,529,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I was shocked to hear Geraldo Rivera call for a declaration of war on ISIS, wherever they are by the US on Fox this morning.

As liberal and anti war as he usually is.
Things change the closer you get to having skin in the game.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:07 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Never say never, DD. We never thought they'd fly airplanes into buildings either. And ISIS is even too radical for Al Qaeda.
I've always expected a terrorist attack on this country. Did I know it would be planes into buildings? No. But what difference does that make.

9/11 was blowback....all Americans should've expected it.

But come here and physically behead Americans? That's laughably ridiculous. Totally ludicrous.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:53 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,431,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You claimed winning the war happened when we removed sadam ,so bush won the war and yet Iraq is now in chaos som Obama must have grasped defeat from bushes win
Point one: Plug the jug before you post.
Point two: I didn't win anything in Iraq. George Bush wanted to remove Saddam; he got Saddam. I was no better off and neither was the country.
Point three: I didn't lose anything when Bush signed an accord to withdraw from Iraq, nor when Obama carried it out, nor at any time since. I am, very pleased we have no major role as a belligerent in Iraq. I did favor keeping the Mosul Dam away from ISIS, but aside from that it's not our fight.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:04 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,785,997 times
Default Can America eliminate ISIS without ground troops?

The Internet is full of arm chair solders who demand that Obama go in and kill every member of ISIS. Of course these arm chair soldiers are not actually going to do the fighting themselves. They seem to think that we can kill them all from the air or some special force will go in and kill them. (How is this air war doing at killing Hamas in Gaza?)

So, arm chair soldiers of the Internet: How should America eliminate ISIS?

(Would you want your kids, brothers or sisters or friends to be part of the ground invasion of the area ISIS controls to kill them if air strikes don't work?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies