Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:08 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

I suspect right about now Saudi Arabia is freaking out. They're rumored to have helped support ISIS, but lately ISIS has been talking about taking Saudi Arabia-and thats a larger risk in some ways I think, both from a massive oil wealth point of view, and the fact that 90% of the Saudi population is Sunni. And Saudi has funded both ISIS and given money to groups fending ISIS off.

Jordans a tougher one for ISIS I think then Saudi Arabia is. But their military isn't that large.

Fun times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 07:08 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Who fckn cares what president you choose to blame? This is an issue that needs to be dealt with. ISIS is on a social media campaign and their leader has promised to bring terror to every city in the US. Sent a picture of a guy holding some ISIS card on a street in nyc, and is threatening our citizens in our own country.

Stop the division and lets back whatever action(s) need to be taken.
Yep.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truestar View Post
Say thank you to Mr. Bush, he destabilized the region by invading Iraq and started the process that resulted in the success of Isis. Nobody can stop it now.
Let us put all that happened before today aside, I do not have an answer but this does not bode well for the ME and at some point our country. We have made a number of mistakes and failures, the question is what do we do moving forward and I don't think a few planes dropping bombs is going to convince anyone and this should not be addressed unilaterally.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I suspect right about now Saudi Arabia is freaking out. They're rumored to have helped support ISIS, but lately ISIS has been talking about taking Saudi Arabia-and thats a larger risk in some ways I think, both from a massive oil wealth point of view, and the fact that 90% of the Saudi population is Sunni. And Saudi has funded both ISIS and given money to groups fending ISIS off.

Jordans a tougher one for ISIS I think then Saudi Arabia is. But their military isn't that large.

Fun times.
This is destabilizing the countries that are not directly involved in the conflict like Turkey and Jordan with refugees from the conflicts, not to mention France, Great Britain and Italy. Thousand are running from ISIS, I don't see us standing by and allowing this to happen, if not for humanitarian reason then for the impact on the economies and security.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:20 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
If this were about 'foreign policy' I would agree. But I do not think this will be 'foreign policy' for long. They are the most barbaric group in recent times, well trained, and well funded. Do you think they stop when they take some town in Kurdistan or Jordan? No! There leader has claimed publicly they are coming for cities in America, will kill Americans indiscriminately throughout the world, and will raise the flag of Allah in the White House.

Killing the barbarians while they are in the sand over there with laser guided Danes and the most advanced military force in the history of the world sounds a lot better than trying to stop them from bringing back packs of explosives into a subway station, or flying planes into our buildings. That is protecting our domestic security, of every American. Not complicated foreign policy

Quote:
Because our careless actions 12 years ago that resulted in destabilization of the entire region should teach us something, don't they? We already went "head in" to quite miserable effect.
You Feel like doing "something"? Go jogging. Foreign policy however requires careful consideration and very little sentiment to avoid making the existing mess even less attractive. Knee-jerk reactions are not the way to go.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
This stuff will probably never happen in the U.S.A because if some fanatic comes into my town or down my street demanding I or we convert or face execution and tyranny they'll find out what the 2nd is all about and they'll have a "oh ****" moment.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
No, we're supposed to learn from past mistakes, not "push them aside". Those who don't learn are bound to repeat the same mistakes.
If ISIS took over Jordan would you still have that point of view, these are terrorists that basically want to kill anyone that does not believe in their point of view. I don't see that we ever experienced anything on this level before, ISIS is a real eye opener and the longer we (and our allies) wait the more powerful the force.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
If this were about 'foreign policy' I would agree. But I do not think this will be 'foreign policy' for long. They are the most barbaric group in recent times, well trained, and well funded. Do you think they stop when they take some town in Kurdistan or Jordan? No! There leader has claimed publicly they are coming for cities in America, will kill Americans indiscriminately throughout the world, and will raise the flag of Allah in the White House.

Killing the barbarians while they are in the sand over there with laser guided Danes and the most advanced military force in the history of the world sounds a lot better than trying to stop them from bringing back packs of explosives into a subway station, or flying planes into our buildings. That is protecting our domestic security, of every American. Not complicated foreign policy
These Leftists are still drooling with hate for Bush, the most evil man in the world, according to their masters in the press, who have manipulated these people into a purple-rage since the year 2000.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:

You are not solving this with Drones.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:27 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If ISIS took over Jordan would you still have that point of view, these are terrorists that basically want to kill anyone that does not believe in their point of view. I don't see that we ever experienced anything on this level before, ISIS is a real eye opener and the longer we (and our allies) wait the more powerful the force.
I think we heard that same claim on 9/12/2001.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies