Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:42 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,212 times

Advertisements

Uh Oh .. Another one leaves the Plantation!

(snip)

Quote:
Garry Cobb played football for USC and then for 11 years with the Philadelphia Eagles. He is now running for New Jersey’s 1st District seat as a Republican, and his explanation of why he is no longer a Democrat is very compelling.

Explaining that he kind of discovered that he was Republican due to his upbringing, he said that the massively negative effects of Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty had the most impact:

This was an incentive for the man to leave the home and it’s destroyed African-American families throughout the country.

I didn’t realize it but as I started thinking about it and growing up, because as a kid going to college, you know I was all into the Democratic Party and everything; then I started realizing they helped destroy our communities and we’re supposed to be celebrating electing these people.

Former NFL Pro Explains Why He’s a Republican: Democrats Are Destroying Black Communities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 06:50 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
He better not have any skeletons in his closet, the liberals will rip them out with their pitchforks.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:56 PM

Actually .. Democrats are destroying black communities.
Democrats are destroying white communities.
Democrats are destroying American communities.
Democrats are destroying America.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:57 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He better not have any skeletons in his closet, the liberals will rip them out with their pitchforks.
Yes, he is automatically public enemy #1 to liberals. He will reflexively be called an evil person.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
I think many of us, me included do not realize there are more black all the time turning to the GOP. Not only running for office as Republicans but leaning that way when voting. There will be more and more as years go by, I am sure.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think many of us, me included do not realize there are more black all the time turning to the GOP. Not only running for office as Republicans but leaning that way when voting. There will be more and more as years go by, I am sure.
Especially when they realize that Obama has made them an even lesser important minority when Amnesty is given to the 'Hispanics'!

Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,318 times
Quote:
Do you have any statistics to support that wishful thinking? Or anything at all to indicate that less than 90+% of black people will vote Democrat in coming elections?

Old 08-08-2014, 07:17 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Do you have any statistics to support that wishful thinking? Or anything at all to indicate that less than 90+% of black people will vote Democrat in coming elections?
NYT discovers record number of black Republicans running for Congress « Hot Air

Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
even if there arent any the liberals will either make some up, or they will just call him an uncle tom and savage him that way.

Quote:
i sure hope so, we need more good conservatives running for office in this country.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
OP starts a thread off by claiming anyone of color who disagrees with him is on a plantation, and it is now such a common right wing phrase that no one bats an eye.

If A liberal had made such a racially charged claim to those on the right this page would be 50 post long by now and the phrase "real Racist" would be all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies