Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:37 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whenever we run outta wars and interventions,...it never takes us too long to find another "bad guy," does it?

You can almost set your clock to it. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I have actually watched ISIS propaganda videos and these guys are as evil as they come. Keep in mind this is a group that broke away because they thought Al Qaeda was too soft. Osama bin Laden took issue with the numerous beheading videos being produced by Al Qaeda in Iraq and felt that it gave them a bad image. Osama wasn't opposed to killing people, but he preferred large scale dramatic terrorist attacks that looked like they could come out of an action movie. He preferred the symbolism of massive explosions and fireballs over Western (and especially American) cities. Osama felt that parading a terrified person in front of a camera and cutting their head off was too gruesome and sadistic and instead of giving off the image that they were giving the West a taste of their own medicine and delivering poetic justice; that it made them look like a bunch of bloodthirsty barbarians and only appealed to the most psychopathic Muslims. The Al Qaeda members in Iraq disagreed and broke off and formed their own group which later became ISIS.

Having watched their videos and seeing how they operate and hearing what they have in store for the world if they ever start taking over complete countries, I assure you that they need to be stopped now while they are still relatively weak. For one thing they are among the most cruel and violent organizations that you can imagine. Their propaganda videos proudly show members who brag about raping daughters in front of their parents and then forcing the girl to watch the execution of their parents. They proudly film themselves torturing and beheading their rivals. And they repeatedly state that this is just the beginning. They want to take over the Middle East first and then turn their attentions to the West. Their leaders on one tape saying how the streets of New York, Rome, London, and so on will be ankle deep in blood. They will rape our women and severed heads will be put in piles. Also, they call on their sympathizers in the West to rise up and start killing the infidel "in his own bed".

I know what you are going to say, "So they can't do that now". Yes, they can't do that now, but what we do have is a large group of extremely violent people that is getting more powerful by the day and looks like they might actually accomplish some of their goals. If they do successfully take over Iraq, they will have the weaponry of the Iraq military at its disposal and the oil reserves to fund their their ambitions and when they do start uses their country to launch terrorist attacks against the US (seeing their tactics and their rhetoric, it is just a matter of when) the US will have to respond militarily anyways and they will be larger and more power and it will be a lot harder to do.

So it is the smart move to get these guys while they are still are small and relatively weak. It's like if you went to the doctor and he said, "It turns out that small lump in your arm is lymphoma. Luckily, it hasn't spread and we can just excise it and that should be the end of that. We will do a check up a few months later, but you should be all clear." And you responded with, "Doctors always want to cut you open. I'm not paying you more money than I need to. I am not going to listen to this bulls--t about if I delay this that I will need chemotherapy or radiation treatment or that it might kill me."
One post is informative and well thought-out, and the other is not.

Can you guess which is which?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 10:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Stop picking on people and just debate the issues.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Stop picking on people and just debate the issues.
It's another way of stating I agree with one and not the other.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I have actually watched ISIS propaganda videos and these guys are as evil as they come. Keep in mind this is a group that broke away because they thought Al Qaeda was too soft. Osama bin Laden took issue with the numerous beheading videos being produced by Al Qaeda in Iraq and felt that it gave them a bad image. Osama wasn't opposed to killing people, but he preferred large scale dramatic terrorist attacks that looked like they could come out of an action movie. He preferred the symbolism of massive explosions and fireballs over Western (and especially American) cities. Osama felt that parading a terrified person in front of a camera and cutting their head off was too gruesome and sadistic and instead of giving off the image that they were giving the West a taste of their own medicine and delivering poetic justice; that it made them look like a bunch of bloodthirsty barbarians and only appealed to the most psychopathic Muslims. The Al Qaeda members in Iraq disagreed and broke off and formed their own group which later became ISIS.

Having watched their videos and seeing how they operate and hearing what they have in store for the world if they ever start taking over complete countries, I assure you that they need to be stopped now while they are still relatively weak. For one thing they are among the most cruel and violent organizations that you can imagine. Their propaganda videos proudly show members who brag about raping daughters in front of their parents and then forcing the girl to watch the execution of their parents. They proudly film themselves torturing and beheading their rivals. And they repeatedly state that this is just the beginning. They want to take over the Middle East first and then turn their attentions to the West. Their leaders on one tape saying how the streets of New York, Rome, London, and so on will be ankle deep in blood. They will rape our women and severed heads will be put in piles. Also, they call on their sympathizers in the West to rise up and start killing the infidel "in his own bed".

I know what you are going to say, "So they can't do that now". Yes, they can't do that now, but what we do have is a large group of extremely violent people that is getting more powerful by the day and looks like they might actually accomplish some of their goals. If they do successfully take over Iraq, they will have the weaponry of the Iraq military at its disposal and the oil reserves to fund their their ambitions and when they do start uses their country to launch terrorist attacks against the US (seeing their tactics and their rhetoric, it is just a matter of when) the US will have to respond militarily anyways and they will be larger and more power and it will be a lot harder to do.

So it is the smart move to get these guys while they are still are small and relatively weak. It's like if you went to the doctor and he said, "It turns out that small lump in your arm is lymphoma. Luckily, it hasn't spread and we can just excise it and that should be the end of that. We will do a check up a few months later, but you should be all clear." And you responded with, "Doctors always want to cut you open. I'm not paying you more money than I need to. I am not going to listen to this bulls--t about if I delay this that I will need chemotherapy or radiation treatment or that it might kill me."
Boy, now I'm really scared.

You should work as a spokesman for the defense industry.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:

My post is extremely well thought out.

You're being had again, and I don't need 5 huge paragraphs to inform you of that.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:31 PM

These idiots don't even need to send their guys here... like-minded ilk can just download their jihadist propaganda and bomb-making instructions from the Taliban websites and viola... you have another Boston marathon type event.

Quote:
Boy, now I'm really scared.
You're right. The "big bad racist Republicans" are the real threat, right?

Old 08-09-2014, 12:13 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Whenever we run outta wars and interventions,...it never takes us too long to find another "bad guy," does it?

You can almost set your clock to it. Lol

ISIS in "on the run"...........right?

Old 08-09-2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
These idiots don't even need to send their guys here... like-minded ilk can just download their jihadist propaganda and bomb-making instructions from the Taliban websites and viola... you have another Boston marathon type event.

You're right. The "big bad racist Republicans" are the real threat, right?
You said it...Not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
ISIS in "on the run"...........right?
They're on the Asian continent...Not here.

Don't know and don't care if they're on the run or not.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:54 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
"Al Qaeda is on the run" didn't matter to you either?

Old 08-09-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Al Qaeda is on the run" didn't matter to you either?
Nope.

Didn't care about Al Qaeda then, don't care about them now either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies