Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
To be fair, not sure about police stations, but there have been plenty of mass shootings at court houses. The thing is they usually ended pretty quickly as armed guards would shoot them down.
There have been plenty of attempted shootings at court houses but I don't know of any recent "mass shootings" at a court houses.
(To be honest, I haven't researched it)

But I would think that when attempted shootings do occur in one, they are usually un successful or at least quickly subdued before getting off many shots due to the fact that there are armed guards/police there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 01:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
It is time we limit or dismantle some of those courts..Or at least greatly restrict the power of them.
Don't like living in a country with three branches of government? Don't like living in a country with a system of checks and balances?

Leave.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:02 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,093,890 times
What's the percentage of murders committed in "gun free zones" to murder-suicides committed in houses with a gun in the home?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Don't like living in a country with three branches of government? Don't like living in a country with a system of checks and balances?

Leave.

Exactly!! He's always telling other people to leave.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:52 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,811,774 times
Quote:

Leave.
I have a better idea. Split-up the country.

Let the big gov't moonbats (statists included) have their country, and let the freedom loving libertarian types have theirs. I know I'd have to move, but to be free of the big gov't types would make it well worth it.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Statism is a very vague term and even so, does not have a "side", They are yours as you described them as neo cons.
I am a Libertarian they are not on our side..

LMFAO ROTF.

Quote:
I have no idea why he picked the Aurora theater, but neither do you. He never released his reasoning for why he went to that specific theater.
It is the most logical, it was not the closest and not the biggest and the only one that was a gun free zone...occam's razor

Quote:
Instead of actually supplying facts to back up your argument, you instead argue your opinion as fact.
It is based on facts...Are you saying that the theater he picked was not a gun free zone?

Are you saying it was not the nearest one or the biggest one as he scouted before?

Quote:
I know you are for getting rid of gun free zones, and I honestly have no problem with that, but you could make that case without lying.
How have I lied?

Quote:
You have no evidence to support your claim that any of the mass shooting locations were selected because they were gun free zones.
Gun Free Zones Or Killing Zones

Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Citizens don't need military weapons. If a citizen wants to shoot a military weapon, he/she should enlist in the military. Then their military weapon will be safely stored in a military armory.
"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State"-Heinrich Himmler.

Yeah no Wendell, We have the right to keep and bear arms, and if you don`t like you can leave this nation.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Leave.
We dont have a system of checks and balances. We have all powerful court that has no check to its power, any law Congress passes to limit their power they can just over turn. How do you not see this?

Last edited by gunlover; 08-11-2014 at 03:34 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 03:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State"-Heinrich Himmler.

Yeah no Wendell, We have the right to keep and bear arms, and if you don`t like you can leave this nation.

You do have the individual right to keep and bear arms but society has the right to place reasonable restrictions on those firearms and the people who own them. The highest court in the land has affirmed both options as a right guaranteed by the constitution.

Please make the case for "Gun Free Zones".

There are about 60 million households with families who have declared their domain and property a gun free zone. What other justification do you need?

Old 08-11-2014, 03:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
We dont have a system of checks and balances. We have all powerful court that has no check to its power, any law Congress passes to limit their power they can just over turn. How do you not see this?
How do you not see that that is the government framework the founding fathers created for us to abide by. There are 5 conservatives and 4 liberals on the court. When Hillary get's elected, there will be 6 liberals and 3 conservatives.

You're 23 years old and seem to have all the answers. There are many on this site who are over three times your age and have lived through so many more turbulent times in our nations history and have experienced the political pendulum swing in a very wide arc, yet you dismiss their experiences as so much blather.

"When I was 20, I thought my father was ignorant and completely out of touch. Now that I've turned 50, I can't believe how much smarter he has become."

(Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, Ben Franklin or one of those dudes)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies