Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 04:29 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times

Advertisements

I understand the outcry over the shooting of the teenager. I understand that Blacks in this country have suffered more than many other ethnic groups. I understand that the Black race in the US has not made it to being on equal standing with Whites. I know these things. I don't have personal experience as I am not Black, but I want you to answer me one question:

If you owned a store in Missouri, and you sided with the Blacks on the one, would you be OK with some of them robbing your store because "it's justice?"

If you can't answer this honestly and find yourself making excuses for criminals, your silence is one of the reasons bad people get away with their actions.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:31 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
How about separating the two. Rioters deserve a response.....protesters do not. The citizens pay these guys to know the difference
Show me where the police have used unnecessary force against protesters. The likely scenario with the journalists at the McDonald's was that police felt that a mob was coming and wanted to evacuate patrons at the businesses in the direction that the mob was moving.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
I understand the outcry over the shooting of the teenager. I understand that Blacks in this country have suffered more than many other ethnic groups. I understand that the Black race in the US has not made it to being on equal standing with Whites. I know these things. I don't have personal experience as I am not Black, but I want you to answer me one question:

If you owned a store in Missouri, and you sided with the Blacks on the one, would you be OK with some of them robbing your store because "it's justice?"

If you can't answer this honestly and find yourself making excuses for criminals, your silence is one of the reasons bad people get away with their actions.
Of course not!

Old 08-14-2014, 04:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
No.

They have a reason to be upset, but not to riot.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:34 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Show me where the police have used unnecessary force against protesters. The likely scenario with the journalists at the McDonald's was that police felt that a mob was coming and wanted to evacuate patrons at the businesses in the direction that the mob was moving.

That's not what the manager of the McDonalds was told

Reggie

Old 08-14-2014, 04:34 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Well, ya know, some owners are looting their own stores.

Rootin' lootin' insurance claims.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Whoever said anyone has the right to riot and loot?

Specific examples please.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The reporter was told he was being arrested for trespassing.
Go read the reporters account of his arrest.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Then they need to be charged with fraud if can be proven. but riots and looting not justified.Reminds one of lynch mob actions; plain and simple.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If a black kid killed a cop, or anyone, on a street in front of multiple witnesses he'd be in jail within the hour. Curtis Reeves (white) was also immediately arrested.
There have been lot's of incidents where civilians have shot and killed another person and they were not immediately thrown in jail. Do you disagree? If so, I don't mind quickly proving you wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
Sir, let me bring you back to reality. Black communities are already suffering the most, from the killings of our people (that's is occurring at a more frequent rate) to the economic blight due to jobs relocating and other numerous problems. Idk if I stated it in this or another thread, but destroying the community is actually one of the best ways to fight back. You're taking away from the government getting their money (taxes) and also messing up the infrastructure of the city that most city officials and personnel need to use everyday and in turn hurting their pockets too. Revolutions and Evolution has always been celebrated from what I witnessed and read.
WOW!!!

I bet if it was your business, car or home getting destroyed, you'd quickly change your story?

Oh, you wouldn't, ok, let's test that, burn down your home in protest. Send us the link to the story when it comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
YAnd he should be investigated by a third party. You seemed to ignore the quip about Hitler investigating his own crimes. Or Germany at the time.
So, you are comparing the police department to Nazi Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Or the officer is lying. All the witnesses contradict the officer's story.
Or the witnesses are lying.

Have you ever watched cops? The camera will clearly catch the perpetrator. The cops pursue the suspect and catch him in his apartment complex, sweaty and out of breath from running. Suddenly, you have his friends and family appearing and directly lying and saying he was up in the apartment with them. I've seen it many times.

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies