Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 12:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Just as an aside, I would bet being a convenience store clerk is a more dangerous job than being a cop.
They are often the only businesses in the hood, so the idiots target them for robbery. Then you have the nasty customers in general. Any encounter can easily spiral out of control. That's why in many hoods they put up the Plexiglas.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:20 PM

662 posts, read 1,048,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You wouldn't shoot anyone if you got pimp slapped and had two guns on your person.

Stop it.
Wait...what? Lol, this is...wow.

I wonder if this rule applies to everybody? What if an 8 year old did this?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:21 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Just as an aside, I would bet being a convenience store clerk is a more dangerous job than being a cop.
They should be armed.

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
And the second policeman was on the shooting scene 3 minutes after Darren Wilson arrived. So the entire thing happened in less than 3 minutes. The Brown family attorney said today that it "didn't matter what happened in the scuffle," so he is admitting that there was some physical altercation.

And he also said the Brown had his hands up OR was in the process of raising his hands. That OR part was interesting. It sounds like there may be some dispute among the witnesses about whether he truly did have his hands up.

Of course, the attorney also said that Saddam Hussein was in jail today instead of dead because he raised his hands in the universal sign of surrender. So the attorney is a total idiot.
A scuffle? LOL the poor clerk had terror all over his face. I wonder what possessed him to confront them. He could have been killed.

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
I say Brown's DNA donors are to blame for this entire tragedy.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:23 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Default "Unarmed" = Sainthood???

Is it me, or does "unarmed" seems like the equivalency of being a saint in certain community?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd like to thank the gutless wonder who sent me an unsigned 'fock u' message for confirming what chickenpoop pissants some folks are when they can hide behind a keyboard.
Tell the mods here, I believe they can identify where the message originated

Old 08-15-2014, 12:24 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,617,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
Because the robbery started this whole chain reaction. It's why he was pursued by police in the first place. You know this - why are you asking?

I am a Libertarian. But, like other political and civic philosophies out there, I cannot always be lumped into the exact same beliefs as everyone else. Let's not get off track from the topic of this thread.

A normal human being does not choke a shop owner and steal from them. I'm sorry but maybe that's another reason I won't be crying over this story. Even in my rough years as a teen, I never took part in violence or outright and open thievery like this guy.

What happened to this country in the past 20 years? Look at all the "hoods" and degraded areas in EVERY American city (big and small) that never existed in the past? I am not an 'old school' type of person. However, I am interested in how society changes from one decade to the next. We have had mostly negative changes and not positive over the past several years. Has voting for Democrats really help anyone?
This is all, again, evasive and unresponsive. You have not explained the relevance of Brown's alleged crime to his shooting. Can you do so?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Since when are police allowed to gun down unarmed American civilians that belong to that "certain community?"

Has nothing to do with sainthood.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:27 PM

112 posts, read 131,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
Darren Wilson named as Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown and released stills of robbery | Mail Online

I knew there was more to this story.

Here is my "not surprised' face -_-

Do tell me how he was an innocent young man walking home from Church while drinking Ice tea and eating a muffin
I am trying to make sense of this. He recently graduated from H.S. and had planned to matriculate at a college. Why on earth would he steal cigars? He didn't have any prior arrests.

Even though I am highly disappointed, I still support the demonstrations and rallies against police brutality. Since Michael Brown posed no threat to the officer, he shouldn't have been executed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies