Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:51 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times

Advertisements

There's a lot I don't like about Obama, but at least he
didn't command Colin Powell to lie to the world so millions
could die needlessly. Reserve final judgement until Obama is
out of office, but I'll take his foreign policy with all its flaws
over Bush/Cheney any day. I think the world would too.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:52 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
If Cheney has done any damage at all to the country, it is not visible, measurable, or quantifiable in any fashion.

This thread, however, is a very lame attempt to divert attention from the current president, who has done MUCH damage to the country - damage that will take the rest of my lifetime to recover from, and that's only if liberals cease doing damage today.
Obama has done no damage. No lame intent at all. I don't like cheney and i saw the article and i liked it. I had no idea that you would get so upset! Take a chill pill would ya?

Old 08-11-2014, 04:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
We sure don't need anymore Cheneys!
Or Obamas.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:18 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Great, we get to listen to you spend the rest of your life whining about liberals.
If liberals would quit being the dishonest, selfish, destructive people that they are then we would quit whining about them.

If you don't want the whining, then quit trying to raise taxes.
If you don't want the whining, then quit demonizing people who don't agree with you.
If you don't want the whining, then quit ignoring the 10th amendment.
If you don't want the whining, then quit dictating what insurance can and must have.
If you don't want the whining, then quit trying to force a core curriculum on everyone.
If you don't want the whining, then quit trying to prevent our border security from being enforced.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Somehow I doubt the 40,000 people being starved to death by ISIS after Obama was informed about them a year ago and did nothing would agree with you.

I think we can see Russia annexing the Crimea, Syria using chemical weapons on its own people, Hamas launching rockets into Israel, Egypt persecuting Christians, Iraq falling into civil war, etc and safely say that Obama is truly terrible at foreign policy.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:40 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Cheney doesn't need to be concerned about lies vs truth. After all, he's preaching to his choir, who still see him as some sort of hero. They'll uncritically swallow his lies whole, then log on here and repeat them as though they're gospel.
True. Thank god nobody does that for the other side.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Errrr.....what has he done differently? I can't tell Bush\Cheney have left office.

Surges, drone-strikes, Guantanamo.....

Now personally at least Obama hasn't started any "big" wars so on that I will give him a slight edge but as far as shifting US foreign policy? errrr nope.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:45 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Obama has done no damage.
Wow, you say this after claiming Cheney lied.

Look in the mirror already.

If you seriously think Obama hasn't done great harm, then the blindness has to be willful.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Does Dick Cheney believe his lies?
More to the point, since he is in office, does Obama believe his own lies?

What office does Cheney currently hold?

Ridiculous irrelevant thread.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
The thread title (and CNN article title) are just plain dumb for starters. If someone believes what they are saying is true, it is not a lie by definition. A lie is an intentional untruth. Haven't these people heard of Merriam Webster.com?

Secondly the CNN article is written by Paul Begala,longtime Dem operative. He's not a journalist or even a pundit; he's a partisan hack. You might as well post an article by Benny the Bull making the case that the 2014 Chicago Bulls are poised to win the NBA title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies