Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And if she didn't have bad intentions, but she really feels like she was raped. But there is video evidence of her in a full on make out session with the guy outside the bar.

See, this is where its to much of a grey issue, its why we can't have a law dictating this.
Sorry, I do not deal with "what if she thought she was raped", if she was raped she would know it, does not matter what happened out side the bar, what happened later is what counts. If she was drunk and cannot remember her actions then so sorry that falls on her, for all she knows she could have also said yes to sex, so unless someone else comes forward and says she was passed out and the man raped her then she cannot prove her case. I said Proved to have Lied, that means exactly what it says, she is proven to be a liar and that gets her what the man would have gotten if convicted of what she falsely claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 11:00 AM

364 posts, read 370,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Of course women (and men, and everybody) are responsible for their own choices.

But I don't understand why you (and a subset of other guys) want to fight anything that might call to attention the imbalance of power between men and women in society. It has to be pure misogyny.

Your word choice of "delicate flowers" and your story that degraded a woman based on her weight lend credence to this theory.
The balance of power has been righted. Stop playing the victim. Grow up. I used delicate flower to call out the actual misogyny of this law. It juvenalizes women.

Secondly, saying I slept with a fat chick is not degrading. She was indeed fat. Saying that I wouldn't have done it sober is not either. I am allowed to have my sexual preferences.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:09 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
Uh yeah. It is pretty simple not to rape, that is, until the definition is widened to the point that a written contract of consent is needed.

I've had drunk sex. Am I a rapist now? All those poor girls telling me to come home with them, to hit it harder, what did I put them through.
Mmm, yes, such a stud. The same person who keeps telling women not to spread their legs. Take responsibility for your own actions as a man, it's not that difficult....or is it?

Old 08-12-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Saying that I wouldn't have done it sober is not either. I am allowed to have my sexual preferences.
Maybe you shouldn't drink so much.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Of course women (and men, and everybody) are responsible for their own choices.

But I don't understand why you (and a subset of other guys) want to fight anything that might call to attention the imbalance of power between men and women in society. It has to be pure misogyny.

Your word choice of "delicate flowers" and your story that degraded a woman based on her weight lend credence to this theory.
Crying misogyny every time a female centric idea or law is challenged is a cop out.

Try addressing how removing all sexual responsibility from women if they drink makes any sense.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mmm, yes, such a stud. The same person who keeps telling women not to spread their legs. Take responsibility for your own actions as a man, it's not that difficult....or is it?
I'm not sure what you want. I don't rape women. But you would like to have me considered one for having drunk sex. Stop playing the victim and grow up. It's 2014

And don't put words in my mouth huni. I never said don't spread your legs, just take responsibility for it when you do. But aw, that's just asking waaaay too much for women like you.

Responsibility, eeeeek! You mean if I make a stupid drunk decision I have to live with it and can't rationalize it away by blaming men, omgggg!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you want. I don't rape women. But you would like to have me considered one for having drunk sex. Stop playing the victim and grow up. It's 2014
Maybe you should read posts more clearly. I said no such thing. Perhaps that is your own guilt projecting somehow?

Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Maybe you should read posts more clearly. I said no such thing. Perhaps that is your own guilt projecting somehow?
Come back when you actually want to engage instead of asking ridiculous things like is it hard not to rape

You take the time to snip my posts so you can be snarky without actual substance, why not put that effort into an actual intelligent response.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Come back when you actually want to engage instead of asking ridiculous things like is it hard not to rape

You take the time to snip my posts so you can be snarky without actual substance, why not put that effort into an actual intelligent response.
You don't seem to be particularly good at discussion. Is it that difficult to answer the question "How hard is it not to rape or assault someone?" Really? You can't answer that? Wow.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
You don't seem to be particularly good at discussion. Is it that difficult to answer the question "How hard is it not to rape or assault someone?" Really? You can't answer that? Wow.
Already have.

Quote:
Uh yeah. It is pretty simple not to rape, that is, until the definition is widened to the point that a written contract of consent is needed.

I've had drunk sex. Am I a rapist now? All those poor girls telling me to come home with them, to hit it harder, what did I put them through.
The smell of the troll is strong here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies