U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:57 AM

1,696 posts, read 3,068,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I'm sorry but I HAVE to chime in here. I know as a moderator I am supposed to keep indifferent and one of my fellow mods might need to delete this but so be it.
This crud about about 9/11 being a conspericy..............You have got to be JOKING! To think we have not be targeted since 9/11....please tell me you ARE just board and want to stir up trouble on this forum? How Anti-American can you get? There have been groups and countries that have hated the US for centuries. Why? Because we are a FREE nation. We have the PRIVILEGE of paying meager taxes so we have a government to worry about our foreign enemy's and keep those haters out. Yes, they slipped up big time on 9/11, I grant that, but the other poster was right, we were lulled into a false sense of security.
Maybe you want to go live a few years in North Korea? See if they will tell you everything their government is doing to protect you? Go live in Mexico and see if that government will give you full disclosure. Go pick many other countries in this world and see how grand of a life you lead when you are told what job you can have or not have, how many children you can or can not have, when and if you are allowed to travel. Watch your spouse shot in front of your eyes because they disagreed with the government.
Have some respect for the thousands and thousands of OUR American soldiers that have gone over seas to fight wars to prevent those wars from being fought in your front yard.
Do you really think it is smart for our government agencies to publicly broad cast every tid bit of information they receive about terrorist? And why should they? Just so you can tell them they are doing it wrong and you from your arm chair can do it better? I'm sorry, but I know there are things they are not telling us and I think that is the smartest way. I pay that government with my tax dollars to keep me and my children safe. Gee, I don't see an AL Quita in my front yard with an AK47, so you know what, I think that in its self tells me my tax dollars are working! My children get on their bikes and play.They get a darn good FREE education. I can get in my car and drive anywhere in this country any time I want. I can work and get the job I want, heck if I want to open my own business I will and my government will help me do it too if I ask for the help. Yea, try THAT in another country.
I think most of the "conspiracies" are started by those who have nothing better to do with there time but sit and point fingers at our government, scrutinize every move made and penny spent. Sure, there are corrupt politicians, it goes with the territory but if you don't like it, VOTE!
Are moderators also supposed to go around giving negative reputation points to posters, questioning their patriotism because they have the audacity to question their government?

Say whatever you want about the government's role, or non-role in 9/11. Say whatever you want about how we have it so much better here than in other countries- and you are right- we do. But this mentality that anyone who questions our government's motivations deserves to be exiled to North Korea is exactly why this country is not as great as it was even 6 years ago. When did it become unpatriotic to debate? When did it become unpatriotic to not follow along with the program blindly? I, for one, am tired of being made out to be a pariah of sorts because I ask questions about stories that don't add up, and I know I'm not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 08:23 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,773,578 times
Oh, I didn't say anything about not questioning the government when one believes something fishy is going on. Like Water Gate, how funds are being spent, etc. But to try to say that the events of such magnitude of 9/11 were a conpsericy.....sorry but in my opinion, that is unpatriotic. Our people were attacked, our government responded with trying to end terrorism or at least let the rest of the world know "Not on our soil" and you try to say our government staged it all? Sorry, my opinion, unpatriotic.
Let me guess, you also believe the conspiracy Bush created Katrina to wipe out New Orleans?

Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 AM

11,628 posts, read 17,653,056 times
I read somewhere about conspiracy theories and the thought process, why they are so popular. It gives meaning to something where the tragedy is meaningless. It allows definition, acceptance, and a sense to the tragedy to some, where the whole cause and result of the tragedy appears to be senseless.

In this case people cannot accept that such huge buildings collapsed by an attack from foreigners. That explanation just doesn't not enter their realm of understanding, so they create plausable causes where there is none, they create theories and counter theories even when the most insurmountable evidence dismisses it.

People like this, and there are many - they can't accept that Kennedy was killed by one shooter with a bolt action rifle, they can't accept that Elvis died on the toilet bowl, they can't accept that Katrina was a natural disaster. All these events, like 911, are meaningless and senseless and this is the only way to make sense of it - to create a circumstance that are larger than life.

Don't even try to argue with them.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,773,578 times
Dd714, You are so right about not trying to argue with them! My bad. I fell into the trap. But your explanation now makes a LOT of sense. I can now lift up my jaw that had fallen into my lap over this line of thinking.
Thank you, you made me feel better today.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Oh, yikes. Hence, the world of a Bush voter.
Yep. did vote for Bush, I could only imagine the state we would be in if Kerry (rich ride around on my private plane) or robot gore was president, they would have run under a rock and hid!

Old 11-02-2006, 11:32 AM

20,418 posts, read 38,029,695 times
Default Bravo MbMouse!

I said it too, on p1 of this thread. Conspiracy theories are an insult to all. Anyone who buys that stuff is dreaming.

The idea that thousands of our own people conspired to do this, planned it, set it up, made it happen, and kept it a SECRET for all these years, is so flat out stupid that it defies credulity. Besides, has anyone seen our government keep a secret, especially if it embarasses or harms the other political party. Gimme a break.

Forget the wacko conspiracy theories and go play Beatles' records backwards.

s/Mike

Old 11-02-2006, 12:16 PM

105 posts, read 103,053 times
Why should terrorists bother attacking us here - when they were able at much less cost to incite the people of Iraq to kill us where its more convenient? 3000+ dead Billions lost and over 20,000 americans severely maimed-vegetables. The funny thing is Saddam hated Al-Queda and threw them out of his country- he was against religious radicals of all sorts. Now many many more people have died because of our incursion- way more than Saddam is accused of killing.

Oh well no wonder everyone hates us

Old 11-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2026 View Post
Why should terrorists bother attacking us here - when they were able at much less cost to incite the people of Iraq to kill us where its more convenient? 3000+ dead Billions lost and over 20,000 americans severely maimed-vegetables. The funny thing is Saddam hated Al-Queda and threw them out of his country- he was against religious radicals of all sorts. Now many many more people have died because of our incursion- way more than Saddam is accused of killing.

Oh well no wonder everyone hates us
Saddam hated them because he liked to be the only power there, and who is to say he didnt have more deaths on his agenda, the man was another Hitler and I for one am glad the son of a B***h is gone. I dont care if everyone hates us, they didnt have the guts to deal with him, and alot have forgotten what we have done to help them ( france, Germany)

Old 11-02-2006, 01:03 PM

752 posts, read 598,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Saddam hated them because he liked to be the only power there, and who is to say he didnt have more deaths on his agenda, the man was another Hitler and I for one am glad the son of a B***h is gone. I dont care if everyone hates us, they didnt have the guts to deal with him, and alot have forgotten what we have done to help them ( france, Germany)
Hi,
Or maybe those without the guts to help us remembered the help we gave to Saddam before he got on our bad side? That man did a lot of bad things while enjoying American goodwill and American financing. A shame.

A lot of people share your opinion but it's just unwise to suppose that making ourselves a global pariah is in our long-term best interest.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:42 PM

ALOT of people would be complaining right now if we had done nothing and one of his bombs came knocking on our door or their door for that matter ( other countries) then of course they would have expected our help.. Yes we are a trusting country, something we shouldnt do now, they all seem to turn thier backs and forget how much we have helped alot of different countries in their time of need, yet no one has our backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or