U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 AM

11,094 posts, read 18,175,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainmom View Post
Lionking are you military or do you have family over there?
Because I know the military folks have to do their best to delude themselves into thinking this is about freedom, etc.

I really feel for them. If it were my son over there I would be desperate to believe that this war isn't a total sham, too...though the whole world is against the war for the most part.
I had a friend and cousin in both Afghan and the sandbox.They both were dedicated to doing the mission.When I say dedicated I also mean following orders,and looking out for their fellow friends.

In particular with my friend,you may see it as inhumane with his attitude but he graphically explained that he had little remorse wasting the enemy.I think thats the way it has to be to win.Uncivil yes,but a necessary attitude to prevail.

here is a new story on the topic of homeland attacks,this one thwarted.Islamic in origin no surprise there.

quote"Six members of an alleged homegrown terror cell that intended to launch a commando-style attack on a military base in New Jersey were arrested by the FBI Monday night after a 15-month investigation"

source here
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3150833
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 AM

29,815 posts, read 26,894,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd7I4 View Post
YIKES!!! Who brought back this post from the dead? Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the forum without looking for the tin foil hat gang now I see that this is back, with a Pearl Harbor consipiracy added on as well.

Where do these nuts come from?
Be sure to keep your eyes opened while looking for the tin foil. You may find out that there is more to the story then we’ve been told. Seems that the government hasn’t told us a lot of what has been happening around this incident and the Iraq war. They couldn’t even get the story correct about Pat Tillman being killed.

I for one believe that there will be more information coming from this after this administration is out of office. How many times have we been given untruthful information so far from them about anything that is going on? Lies on top of more lies.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM

1,247 posts, read 664,689 times
Back in the 1950s, if someone claimed that the government planted Soviet weaponry in Guatemala, in order to justify overthrowing Arbenz, because he nationalized the United Foods plantations, you would be handed a tin foil hat. It turns out all of this is true (thanks to the Freedom of Information Act).

Never underestimate the capabilities of any government. As I've said before, I don't really mind the crackpots. Sometimes, they're at least partially right.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 AM

29,815 posts, read 26,894,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post

Never underestimate the capabilities of any government. As I've said before, I don't really mind the crackpots. Sometimes, they're at least partially right.
How true it is!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,109,764 times
The only people I know who are military and who are still for this war, have their loved ones here, not overseas, now the ones who are not as lucky as these individuals, often try to get out of it, and one of my acquatinaces found it to be disgusting, cause she said, oh they should should support America! How easy to say when your not so affected by the NWO.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:39 PM

Now go back to your UFO/Bigfoot forums if you feel comfortable posting more on wacko consiracies.

This told me more bout you than I ever wished I knew.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:41 PM

though the whole world is against the war for the most part.

Very true, most of us are...not just liberals, but conservatives and everyone else in between and out there are...for a good reason too. Its just plain WRONG.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 PM

423 posts, read 986,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
you may see it as inhumane with his attitude but he graphically explained that he had little remorse wasting the enemy.I think thats the way it has to be to win.Uncivil yes,but a necessary attitude to prevail.
SAD.

Quote:
"Six members of an alleged homegrown terror cell that intended to use automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades in a commando-style attack on a military base in New Jersey were arrested by the FBI Monday night

Their alleged intention was to conduct an armed assault on the army base

one cell member allegedly had unfettered access as a pizza delivery man, ABC News has learned.

Three high-level law enforcement sources told ABC News that the investigation into the plot had been ongoing for 15 months.

The investigation began when a man walked into a photo shop and asked to convert a tape to a DVD, two law enforcement officials said.

Electronic eavesdropping and a confidential informant determined the men were serious in their intent.

one cell member's family owned a pizza parlor near the base, and that member was able to enter the base to deliver pizza. The group believed this access would enable its attack to succeed.

Jihadist propaganda material, including "generalized messages" from Osama bin Laden and other leaders, was seized, authorities said."
Where do you start with something like this.

"High ranking" sources passed this story on to ABC news, who passed it on to the nation as fact.

I have to admit, this story is very weird. Once bit, twice shy. Why should we believe this one, when all the other stories coming from "high levels" are BS. Omg, a pizza delivery guy is attacking a military base, armed with an extra large pizza no doubt. What will happen now, closing down of pizza parlors, closing down of video stores, no more access to transferring video tapes to dvd's, after all someone might make a copy of a pizza!

See a pattern here folks? More electronic eavesdropping, opening and confiscation of people's mail, disappearing email, arrests made based on "confidental" - even imaginary - informants.

I'm not buying it. The big plan is quite visible.

We need to think for ourselves. Never mind what they try to "tell" you or what "they want" you to believe. You can see what is happening. You can see the results. Believe these things. Believe what is happening. Believe what you see. Believe that there really are people in our own country who would do these things to us and they are doing them now.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:50 PM

History has proven this over and over again and yet people are still so blind and ignorant! I really have nothing more to say here than we had a chance to do something and now its gone...kiss your freedom goodbye here, what is going over there will soon be happening to us here, even the ones who think they were so clever and will not be affected are in for a big surpise here, they will be the first to be eliminated, collateral damage maybe? All I can say is to be ready and be smart bout it.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,215,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainmom View Post
What I find puzzling about the 9/11 thing was the Pentagon. In every single photo I've never seen one piece of fuselage or anything resembling an airplane...many many monts later a few tiny clips of obviously edited tape were released to the media--what appears to possibly by the tip of a jet, but it's not even shown the entire front of the plane.

Sorry but at the Pentagon, that makes me suspicious. There's not one single frame that shows an entire plane crashing into the building?
How many pieces of the planes that struck the twin towers were on the ground to be seen and photographed? Zero. Because they did exactly what the plane that hit the Pentagon did. They hit the building and penetrated it, exploding inside the actual building. Most of the conspiracy theorists want to make people believe that large pieces of wreckage should be on the pentagon lawn. That would have happened had the plane crashed on the ground, rather than pentrating the building.

I looked at tons of conspiracy sites, looking for reasons why so many would buy into the theories. But over and over, you see ommissions of informations that would easily discredit some of the things they are reporting, etc. I'm always down for a good conspiracy theory, but the 9/11 ones are nothing more than fantasy from people who despise Bush so much that criticizing him for valid reasons is not enough, they need to imagine more reasons so they can have something to be upset about 24/7.

There is plenty of evidence that we had fair warning that the Bush administration ignored and downplayed. But to make the leap from ignoring a problem to orchestration of a masterful/sinister plot is just taking things to far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or