Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,459,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
We've had wide open borders, so why no other terraist attacks? Do you not think someone could come across the border, when there are 1000s of illegals crossing daily, for Gosh sakes? So why not another terraist attack on our country? I mean, it's not like we're guarding the borders, and surely must be hated, so what's up with this?
Huh? What do you mean... IF 911 were true? What kind of questions are these? Are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 07:05 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,611,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
Who are you responding to?
The quote by Franklin that anyone who would give up freedom temporarily for security deserves neither.

Pretty wide blanket of a statement I think, and one that really doesn't make a lot of sense unless you are a supporter of anarchy, as anything less than anarchy is going to have laws. Laws decide for you what freedom is, which means its not 100% absolute freedom anymore. It would make sense if the quote were about anarchy, but of course with anarchy, there is no security.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:00 PM

279 posts, read 1,137,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
well if they would attack in an everyday place(s), why wouldn't they have done it by now since it's arguably MUCH simpler to do it in ANY of those places that you mentioned. I believe that Pres Eisenhower was correct when he talked about the military industrial complex. It is so lucrative for the administration to produce contracts for its contributors centered around this "fear" industry. Everytime you go into an airport alone, they are always introducing another state of the art piece of equipment to "keep us safer" while civil liberties are kicked to the curb. The most hypocritical thing is that the southern border with mexico is WIDE OPEN. Why hasn't the gov't made a strong effort to seal off the border from all of the terrorists that would presumably cross the border to do us harm? Simply put, the fear industry is making people lots of $$$ and was helping a lackluster, underachieving president win elections for himself and his party.
Well you just keep that happy thought in your head-that its all propaganda-so that when the time comes and it will -- you can say--- why didnt anyone tell me.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,339,498 times
exactly, I love all the civil liberty whiners after something goes wrong..

Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,418,619 times
There have been foiled terrorist attempts all over the world. Thank goodness too!
They are currently in Ohio and many other states that have had bomb threats in Walmarts etc. Common enough place or would a elementary school be
better.
Ohio has had 3 they evacuated the buildings. That is pretty real to me...

Idaho had a student up in Moscow that was arrested for ties with terrorists...
A student.... In Idaho no less.

They found terrorist training camps in Oregon and shut it down.. I think a few other places it has been awhile.

Thank goodness they are being stopped......

Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Evidently, something really awful and terrible would need to happen again here in the USA before people snap back to reality and realize life after 9/11 changed. Its a new world and terrorists relaly dont give a high holy C**p about you me or anyone else in the world, other then creating as much destruction and death as possible in order to prove thier cause.

I guess if we just let it all go to hell in a handbasket. by "talking to them" like we would to a "naughty 2 year old", and try to reason... they will just walk away kicking rocks saying shucks!

Unfortunately, it only a matter of time.. and most of us who see it, cant figure out why the rest are still in denial. It's like giving people the correct answers to a "math test" they are taking...and instead they choose to write the answers to a "science test".... then they fail it and wonder why didnt anyone tell them?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:22 PM

512 posts, read 1,562,593 times
IF 911 were true?
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z35/Georgpl/P200336.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-06-2007, 01:44 PM

.. to some people it ISNT true- IT never happaned.. it was a huge hoax by our gov't.. sad but people do think this....

my husband and I lost over 30 friends in 9/11 ... it is very much a reality for us.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 PM

791 posts, read 2,219,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
We've had wide open borders, so why no other terraist attacks? Do you not think someone could come across the border, when there are 1000s of illegals crossing daily, for Gosh sakes? So why not another terraist attack on our country? I mean, it's not like we're guarding the borders, and surely must be hated, so what's up with this?
Yeah, maybe someone's already on top of this and you've just blown their cover.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,418,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmc2007 View Post
Evidently, something really awful and terrible would need to happen again here in the USA before people snap back to reality and realize life after 9/11 changed. Its a new world and terrorists relaly dont give a high holy C**p about you me or anyone else in the world, other then creating as much destruction and death as possible in order to prove thier cause.

I guess if we just let it all go to hell in a handbasket. by "talking to them" like we would to a "naughty 2 year old", and try to reason... they will just walk away kicking rocks saying shucks!

Unfortunately, it only a matter of time.. and most of us who see it, cant figure out why the rest are still in denial.

It's like giving people the correct answers to a "math test" they are taking...and instead they choose to write the answers to a "science test".... then they fail it and wonder why didnt anyone tell them?
LOL sad but it is so true.
Craziness to think that any leader of our country regardless of party would even be part of such a thing is un conscionable to me. I wonder if the previous Prez would have took the reports seriously and actually passed it along to the new Prez if it would have happened at all? Maybe it was passed on I just don't remember for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies