Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't mind robot window washing too much. It's a very dangerous job, especially when you consider how tall skyscrapers are. However, I have a serious problem with robotic cleaning "staff". It might sound like a great sci-fi movie, but in reality we already have more people than jobs. Why would we want to take even more jobs away from people? Besides, I'd be very unnerved by a robot being in my room. Too many robot movies for me.
What if a cat, dressed in a shark suit rides on top of the robot vacuum cleaner to supervise?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
State highway workers are already threatened by robots.. The Japanese have invented a robot that can lean on a shove, drink coffee and smoke cigarettes all day...

Old 08-13-2014, 10:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Are you denying they were Americans?

And as for Hispanics, it doesn't seem to me the OP considers them white. If he did, this thread wouldn't exist.
Well alot of people say one thing, alot of others say another and the genetics can not make heads or tails of it.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:52 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Does America need more poverty?

Does America need more crime?

Does America need more disease?

Does America need more entitlement voters?

Does America need more people who would trade the freedom and rights of other people for handouts?

Answer the questions above..And please dont pull the whole race card have you the problems illegal immigration as caused the South West?

You are comparing legal immigration and illegal immigration well as vastly difference times.

We did not have a welfare system back then nor did we have elected officials buy votes/imporing voter blocks.
Every single one of that list is only your presumption.

And as a matter of fact, 100 years ago America had welfare systems, but they were local, not national, and vote buying was at it's most rampant as well.

You're not reading very closely. Did I say any group of immigrants didn't have problems? No. I said they all did. Not all major waves of immigration have ever been closely controlled, either. While Ellis Island in the New York harbor was effective at controlling diseases entering the U.S., other entry points did not have such strict controls. It's well known that a 'plague boat', a ship containing a disease outbreak, could land in Baltimore and receive much less attention, or in New Orleans and receive even less attention. New Orleans became the major immigration entry for millions of illegal Irish who could not obtain immigration papers. The Irish were put to work draining the swamps around the city, work that not even the freed black residents wouldn't touch.

We are both more protected than ever before from foreign disease, and more vulnerable, as any visitor to the U.S. who does not intend to migrate can carry a disease just as easily as one who is migrating.

There is nothing certain or fore ordained in any of that list of yours. People change in unexpected ways as soon as they become Americans.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

A smaller population would mean a higher stranded of living...I mean it is not all that bad.
It wouldn't be a higher standard of living if you have to increase taxes to pay for old people.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
When did I suggest that?

Oh, poor whitey. I feel so sorry for him. lol

So whites have always been the demographic bedrock. To suggest that justifies opposing immigration on racial grounds is a non-sequitur.

That was fun.
Telling groups they can not enter into are nation is not opposing, that law.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
It would mean the advocacy of displacing someone in the home they built for themselves. On a smaller scale, this would be considered rather illegal, to say nothing of wrong.

Great post...

Old 08-13-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
The third world is great for the local oligarchy. Our elite has long stood in envy at the license the rich hold over the sprawling masses of poor in their shantytowns in the rest of the world. The middle class is uppity. They demand all these rights, and all this money. Who do they think they are? The third world helotry will be far more compliant.
Base a solution on facts, a mountain of the them, take the message to the people, tell them how it will harm this nation, economically, political, culturally.

If we can not a civil war will happen, you can not import millions of left leaning voters into this nation, having the 3rd world this nation and expect us to sit back and take it..

We need to win over America what is very against amnesty, if the dems want to stand in our way fine

They will have to tell young voters how they will have to compete for loans and grants against the poor, unskilled immigrates and their kids.

They will have to tell blue collar workings they will have to compete with people who will work for far less money then they do because they can always go on welfare, bankrupting small businesses and laying off millions of trades men.

They will have to tell millions of union members their will have to take lower pay, and might of the jobs shipped oversea due to higher that will come from having millions of new entitlement uses in America.

They will have to tell the Police unions and Border Patrol unions that they favor up to a million new criminals in this nation, gang members, drug dealers, rapist, child molesters, Murders and serial killers.

They will have to tell parents they that they will turn their neighborhood and schools into a 3rd world slum filled with violence, gangs, drugs, high taxes, and low to no freedom

Then they will have to explain to people living in a now high crime, gang ridden hellhole why they have to be disarmed, having their right to keep and bear arms limited, infringed, or abolished.

Then you will have to tell all of the above that you they the left support higher taxes, fewer jobs, less freedom, higher and higher crime just so they can import millions of voters who will murder this nation in exchange for a welfare check...

You can look up the study that found that multicultural communities, that result from this birth-rate replacement immigration, have less trust and community bonding. Less community bonding means less effective community co-operation and therefore less effective political co-operation and therefore less effective political power in the hands of the people. Divide and conquer.

Ever stop to think this is what the Progressive/Marxist/Statist/Elitist want?

It occurs to me that it would be quite hard to impose dictatorial rule over a society united by common heritage, common history, common ideals and a love of liberty.

It's a lot easier to rule with an iron fist when the nation is divided by sectarian and ethnic strife, and reeling from the collapse of a welfare state. A divided republic cannot stand

The irony is, the Communist goal is going to leave the party members in charge of 6 billion poor prisoners. At least in the VERY end... The enemies of freedom will be kings, ruling over a kingdom of crap.

I wonder if they will be baffled about the death of the shining cities they saw themselves commanding when they started their war on humanity and freedom, but then again they wont win.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:57 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
What if a cat, dressed in a shark suit rides on top of the robot vacuum cleaner to supervise?
I had to look that one up...funny! I actually would be okay with a cat in a shark suit on a robot vacuum cleaner cleaning up my home, where the only thing it replaced was my underappreciated and completely uncompensated job. It's no different than having push vacuum in the home that I have to run myself.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:59 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
state highway workers are already threatened by robots.. The japanese have invented a robot that can lean on a shove, drink coffee and smoke cigarettes all day...:d
Good one! Maybe the world can be saved after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies