Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 09:19 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Well, now there is a group of eyewitness individuals coming forward to confirm that they saw the officer getting assaulted before the shooting....

It does seem that with each day, the story becomes more and more about the police taking action against a thug than an execution base on race.
Not really suprising is it ? I do understand police brutality does indeed happen but this officer gunning down an innocent person in the middle of the street execution style... I doubt it and the facts are starting to prove that. It amazes me, well actually it doesn't anymore it's just becoming commonplace how people are so quick to place blame elsewhere.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:21 AM

24 posts, read 49,068 times
Default Ferguson and Police Militarization

Ferguson and Police Militarization
The violence and unrest occurring in Ferguson, Mo., after the shooting of Michael Brown is not unlike what occurred in the civil rights riots of the late 1960s. Our documentary on the civil rights movement (Anarchy USA) demonstrated the tactic of "pressure from above" and "pressure from below" to foment local violence in order to create a crisis that the federal government would think it needed to address.

Yet, the federal government has had a part in stepping in between the local authorities and the local community. Aside from self-government, local government is the next preferential layer of government that can protect the rights of local citizens.

A local police force accepting training, grants, and military vehicles and equipment from the federal government does so at the expense of not being accountable to the local communities they serve. They cannot serve two masters. It is either the local communities or the federal government.

The New American has published an online article outlining the hypocrisy of the federal government calling for peace and advocating against police brutality while doing all it can to militarize the police.

Wisconsin's Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke also discussed this in an interview on Fox. He talks about getting together with community leaders and discussing the issues, especially after such changing demographics.

What he suggests has been working for him is similar to our "Support Your Local Police and Keep Them Independent" action project. Support them by coming to know them and educating them on constitutional issues. Then keep them independent by educating them on the proper role of the federal government and the accountability of local police and sheriffs.

It's a good thing that Congress is recessed, but keep a vigilant eye on what it will propose when it is back in session in a few weeks. They cannot "let a crisis go to waste."

Old 08-19-2014, 09:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I think there is enough evidence one way or the other that this will be a sealed deal one way or the other when it's all said and done.
I completely and totally disagree.

At this point, if charges are not brought or the grand jury no-bills, people will claim evidence was faked and it was rigged.

The only thing that will prevent further riots is a guilty verdict. That does NOT mean I believe the officer is guilty (we just don't know enough at this point), but I believe that a not-guilty or no trial will result in riots.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I completely and totally disagree.

At this point, if charges are not brought or the grand jury no-bills, people will claim evidence was faked and it was rigged.

The only thing that will prevent further riots is a guilty verdict. That does NOT mean I believe the officer is guilty (we just don't know enough at this point), but I believe that a not-guilty or no trial will result in riots.
People are stupid. That doesn't mean it's not a sealed deal. It just means that some people can't handle that. Look at Zimmerman/Martin. A not-guilty verdict happened. I do NOT feel that a verdict of "guilty" or a decision that a trial needs to happen is mandatory. I actually do have faith that there is enough evidence that this will be cut and dried, one way or the other.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
Ferguson protesters: The peaceful, the elders, the looters, and the

Yup. Situations like the protest in Ferguson bring all kinds of scum and vermin to the area. I feel sorry for the residents of Ferguson and the peaceful protestors who see these street urchins take over there neighborhoods every night so they can loot, burn and riot. They need to be rounded up and shipped off to some remote uninhabited island in the Pacific.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:35 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Ferguson protesters: The peaceful, the elders, the looters, and the

They need to be rounded up and shipped off to some remote uninhabited island in the Pacific.
That sounds way too pleasant for these savages.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:38 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
At best, the eventual exoneration of Darren Wilson will be a hollow victory in the ongoing race imbroglio that is Post Slavery America. Either the shoot would have been bad and the officer would have been acquitted and the town would riot, or the shoot would have been good and the officer acquitted and ... ... same old same old. But Ferguson was different... Ferguson is different... why, I am not really certain... I mean, since Brown's shooting there have been other similar killings around the country but none have received the media and White House attention that Brown's has. Trayvon Martin was around the 19th black man to be killed by a white civilian claiming "Stand Your Ground". Public reaction to previous (and subsequent) SYG shootings have remained in the background of violence that is and has been the post 2nd Amendment America we know and love/hate since anyone can remember.

Brown's guilt or innocence are irrelevant. Thousands of other shootings were/are cold blooded race baited murder of black men by white law enforcement and went/go unchallenged. This thread does not alter that reality one whit. Every community has its lawless component, including the white community. The white trash/redneck component of the dominant white society are responsible for a proportionate amount of murder, mischief and mayhem in the general society. There are alternatives to incarceration and other interventions for these individuals. The lawless component of the Caribbean American and the bona fide African American community, i.e. those black Americans with a first generation connection to Sub-Saharan Africa is miniscule. The lawless component of the black descendents of American Slaves is much, much larger. A five year old given the salient details would conclude that white people broke the black people now being persecuted every day and every hour of the week by law enforcement jurisdictions all over the country in some deep and fundamental way! You broke these people! Killed their spirit. Killed everything that makes a culture upwardly mobile. And now you hide behind false piety and pour out your holier than thou rhetoric from behind anonymous userid's. Pffft. Yada Yada.

Individually, white people are pretty chill. My wife is very white. Some of my most enduring friendships are with white people. I move among white dominated work-places and faith communities with practiced ease. I am not racist. But... people... turn down the righteousness a notch. Its way misplaced. This is all on you. You did this. Collectively the white race, that strand of the Caucasian ethnic diaspora known as Anglo-Saxon... monstrous. Your empires have displaced, destroyed and demoralized billions. Your fire-arms have maimed and killed billions more. The planet groans under the multiple insults of the science and technology that springs from the minds of white geniuses and perverted by the greed of white Industrial Capitalists. The human wreckage of the First Nation people and the present examples of African American ghetto residents is the legacy of the WASP colonization of America. Proud of yourselves?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:45 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
So it appears you still blame whitey even though you yourself don't do ghetto.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:46 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Not sure what to think about this case. Why shoot him that many times? Of course if you were being charged by a 280lb man, will you just empty your gun out of stress and fear for your life?
Curtis, he was only shot with 3 bullets. That's not emptying a gun on someone. All of those wounds were caused by 3 bullets because his arm was between the gun and his head in some manner. They eye, jaw and collarbone wounds were all one bullet that may be responsible for one of the arm wounds too.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,656 times
It doesn't matter how much evidence exonerates Darren Wilson. It really doesn't. We could have video surveillance from a 100 different angles, witnesses that breeze through polygraph. You could even has some sort of divine presence magically appear and claim Wilson was in the right.

Why? Because there's money to be made here and an agenda to be furthered. The pseudo, or faux, civil rights movement of today is all about generating cash, and lots of it. It's why Brother Al Sharpton and Brother Jessie took the first flight to St Louis after it became apparent we were dealing with yet another crisis in race relations. Where are the good ministers when black kids get picked off in drive by shootings in Chicago every weekend? Why didn't Brother Al stand up with the parents of the 3 year old killed in a gang related murder in Baltimore last weekend? Because nobody cares. The media hardly mentions it, and so it never becomes a profitable event for the nation's race hustlers.

It's great business for the media. CNN, the New York Times and others can enhance their viewership by reporting on one half of the case and intentionally misleading their audiences. It's easy to strike a nerve by showing pictures of a young Trayvon Martin or a teen pic of the gentle giant. Wonder why these same media outlets won't show the two thugging it up for the camera-gang signs, smoking weed, giving the middle finger, talking about "bi*tches." They won't because it clearly does not fit the narrative that they need to perpetuate the myth that black kids are being targeted by law enforcement.

And so things will never change. The liberals and their media machine run things. The Democrats have minorities safely in their bag as they claim to be their protector and champion from the evil white horde. They'll continue to pass more entitlements along that does nothing but continue to drive down blacks, but at the same time garner votes. It's been going on since LBJ's reforms in the mid sixties where Johnson allegedly stated he would have blacks (used the N word obviously) voting democrat for the next the two hundred years. The media will continue their outrageous lies and will continue to ignore the escalating trend of black on white crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies