Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 05:43 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times

Advertisements

When liberal and elitist closed-community whites realize that most minorities hate them things will (will hopefully) change. Unfortunately those groups of people are just deluded or know what's going on but don't care because they have their gated communities while the rest of us middle- and lower-class whites have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Especially those of us who live in the inner city. Ray Widstrand is the end result:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ray+widstrand

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
When the white race is relegated to minority status...

do you really think all those special things established for minorities will apply to whites?

Didn't think so.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 AM

37,186 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
When liberal and elitist closed-community whites realize that most minorities hate them things will (will hopefully) change. Unfortunately those groups of people are just deluded or know what's going on but don't care because they have their gated communities while the rest of us middle- and lower-class whites have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Especially those of us who live in the inner city. Ray Widstrand is the end result:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ray+widstrand

The most dangerous thing about dealing with diversity is stereotyping different groups and generalization about them. I am solidly middle class and live in a thoroughly mixed suburban neighborhood. I have a lot of friends who are musicians and performers, and there is no prejudice whatsoever in the community. My daughter lives three blocks from us, and her sons go to a preschool with children of Asian, Indian, Black, Mexican, Honduran, and Jamaican parents. The only thing my grandsons know about the kids there is that they are friends and playmates. They really don't care what color they are or where they came from.
I hope they will continue to feel this way throughout their lives.

My daughter is 35 and was raised without prejudice. That was intentional, since I was taught to hate anyone who wasn't white (my step-grandfather was an active klan member), and I didn't want them to have to go through the learning curve I did when I got out in the real world. It was a big shock when I went to work in college and found out that my co-workers were exactly like me and wanted the same things out of life.

The biggest problem between different groups is ignorance. When you understand who people are and what makes them tick you find out that you are a lot more alike than you are different. Ignorance begets fear of the unknown which is the father of hatred.

I recommend that anyone who divides races or cultures into "them" and "us" do themselves a favor and actually get out and meet someone from the group that bothers them. You may find you end up with a friend for life. And that's a good thing. Sitting and being suspicious of a group or dismissing them as "all alike" is not. They aren't, any more than you are like all members of your race of culture.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
When the white race is relegated to minority status...

do you really think all those special things established for minorities will apply to whites?

Didn't think so.
Whites can go to Historic Black universities at a reduced rate since they are viewed as the minority.

I think over time whites will get more "special things"

Old 08-17-2014, 06:21 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The most dangerous thing about dealing with diversity is stereotyping different groups and generalization about them. I am solidly middle class and live in a thoroughly mixed suburban neighborhood. I have a lot of friends who are musicians and performers, and there is no prejudice whatsoever in the community. My daughter lives three blocks from us, and her sons go to a preschool with children of Asian, Indian, Black, Mexican, Honduran, and Jamaican parents. The only thing my grandsons know about the kids there is that they are friends and playmates. They really don't care what color they are or where they came from.

My daughter is 35 and was raised without prejudice. That was intentional, since I was taught to hate anyone who wasn't white (my step-grandfather was an active klan member), and I didn't want them to have to go through the learning curve I did when I got out in the real world. It was a big shock when I went to work in college and found out that my co-workers were exactly like me and wanted the same things out of life.

The biggest problem between different groups is ignorance. When you understand who people are and what makes them tick you find out that you are a lot more alike than you are different. Ignorance begets fear of the unknown which is the father of hatred.

I recommend that anyone who divides races or cultures into "them" and "us" do themselves a favor and actually get out and meet someone from the group that bothers them. You may find you end up with a friend for life. And that's a good thing. Sitting and being suspicious of a group or dismissing them as "all alike" is not. They aren't, any more than you are like all members of your race of culture.
Powerful post!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:

I was born and raised on the East Side. I've had my fair share of "diversity".

I know enough about all races at this point to know who I will decide to associate with or who I will raise my children to associate with and/or trust.

Is every person of a single race the same? No, of course not, and I have met plenty of great people who are not of my race and have no problems with them. But certain races tend to, as a whole, be more alike than not.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:28 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I was born and raised on the East Side. I've had my fair share of "diversity".

I know enough about all races at this point to know who I will decide to associate with or who I will raise my children to associate with and/or trust.

Is every person of a single race the same? No, of course not, and I have met plenty of great people who are not of my race and have no problems with them. But certain races tend to, as a whole, be more alike than not.
That's true. Not all of a certain race/ethnic group think alike and many are true patriots but there is powerful evidence that the majority do among certain groups. Unfortunately, that viewpoint is usually counter to the best interests of this country and those not of their particular group.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
When we have a winter cold snap in Florida the price of lettuce and other vegetables goes up immediately here in South Carolina even though I know for a fact that the lettuce is coming in from Central america where it is never cold. I have seen lettuce literally double in price overnight.

Whether it is a real scenario or merely perception, the wholesale deportation of immigrants will provide an opportunity for all farms and related businesses (such as Tyson's chicken processing plants) to raise their profits immediately and disproportionately. Big Oil has already set a precedent for this and trained U.S. citizens to expect gasoline to cost $3+ at the pump while they have to handle their profits with baling machines and forklifts, AND we are still paying them subsidies, so we are being skinned whether or not we even own a vehicle. People in Manhattan who never take anything but subways and buses subsidize it just like the well-to-do with six car garages.

It CAN happen here, and will. But it is a moot point. The immigrants are here to stay.
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". They are here in violation of our immigration laws and no, they aren't here to stay.....mark my word. We have unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so there is no excuse to hire illegal aliens except for pure greed on the part of the grower. Not only that but only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops. The rest are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage till the arrival of cheap, illegal labor that priced them out of their jobs.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:36 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". They are here in violation of our immigration laws and no, they aren't here to stay.....mark my word. We have unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so there is no excuse to hire illegal aliens except for pure greed on the part of the grower. Not only that but only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops. The rest are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage till the arrival of cheap, illegal labor that priced them out of their jobs.
Nope. Immigrants, legal and illegal, have always worked for less than the natives.... hence the continuing immigrant bashing for the past 150 years. Natives weren't too happy about the Irish coming over and working for less money.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Nope. Immigrants, legal and illegal, have always worked for less than the natives....
Uhhh, that's exactly what Oldglory SAID, and apparently you didn't get his point, which went right over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies