Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
Because at it root, feminism is just about equality of the sexes. There is nothing about a woman that makes her worth less or subservient to a man, simply because of the difference in gender. The opposite also holds true: a man is not worth less than a woman simply because he is a man. It's a very basic belief that everyone should hold, even if one dislikes the label.

The problem with feminism is that it is completely illogical. It assumes that the sexes are actually equal, or could ever be equal. When in reality, as that book "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" declares, men and women are so different from each other, that they are practically a different species from each other.

Take for instance the wiring of the brain. Men's brains are wired significantly different than women's brains. Men's brains are wired "front to back", while women's brains are wired "side to side". That is what makes women so much better at multi-tasking than men(among many other advantages).

Brain 'wired differently' in men and women - Medical News Today

Men’s and women’s brains fundamentally different, study finds, one better at focusing, one better at multitasking | National Post

BBC News - Women 'better at multitasking' than men, study finds

If we ignore the brain for a moment, there are obviously significant physical differences between the sexes as well. Male size and muscle density gives men significant advantages in many tasks. Let alone the fact that women are the ones who get pregnant, and have hormones which have a profound impact on their behavior. Thus the premise that there could ever be "equality of the sexes" requires the sexes to be equal. When in reality, not only are the sexes not equal, but people aren't even equal. You cannot have equality where equality doesn't exist.

If feminism was simply about treating women with respect, I would be on board. But the goal of feminism is "absolute equality". You cannot have absolute equality if the genders aren't absolutely equal. Which means, if somehow there actually was "Absolute equality" as feminists imagine it, then it would require the arbitrary punishment of the more advantaged gender.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The problem with feminism is that it is completely illogical. It assumes that the sexes are actually equal, or could ever be equal. When in reality, as that book "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" declares, men and women are so different from each other, that they are practically a different species from each other.

Take for instance the wiring of the brain. Men's brains are wired significantly different than women's brains. Men's brains are wired "front to back", while women's brains are wired "side to side". That is what makes women so much better at multi-tasking than men(among many other advantages).

Men’s and women’s brains fundamentally different, study finds, one better at focusing, one better at multitasking | National Post

If we ignore the brain for a moment, there are obviously significant physical differences between the sexes as well. Male size and muscle density gives men significant advantages in many tasks. Let alone the fact that women are the ones who get pregnant, and have hormones which have a profound impact on their behavior. Thus the premise that there could ever be "equality of the sexes" requires the sexes to be equal. When in reality, not only are the sexes not equal, but people aren't even equal. You cannot have equality where equality doesn't exist.

If feminism was simply about treating women with respect, I would be on board. But the goal of feminism is "absolute equality". You cannot have absolute equality if the genders aren't absolutely equal. Which means, if somehow there actually was "Absolute equality" as feminists imagine it, then it would require the arbitrary punishment of the more advantaged gender.
Physically equal and socially equal are two very different things

Old 09-03-2014, 04:20 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Physically equal and socially equal are two very different things
Anyone besides me notice that redshadowz very carefully chooses only examples that favor men over women physically?

Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's widespread and obvious to anyone with eyes open. Those that are an active part of the agenda will deny it of course.
See that is exactly what I am talking about ... You have no clue what this AGENDA is supposed to be ...

Since it is so F'n clear, please spell it out for those of us that don't see it.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Nobody takes pride saying "My son is a fgt" or my daughter is a "dke". It is denied or not mentioned and shameful to the family.
ONLY bigots use those terms ... Maybe shameful to you but not to others.
How about if someone said; My Wife/Husband is NI**** ?

Maybe YOU are having trouble coming to terms with YOUR sexuality?
Life would be much better if you accept it and not live your life like others think you should.

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 09-03-2014 at 05:51 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Cute. I'm sure God is amused. You will be held accountable for every idle word.
How about discussing the many other things that are listed as "abominations" in the book you love quoting?

I can Bible quote too.

When your wife has her monthly cycle do you go to the hotel or does she?
How do you handle it when of your daughters has theirs?

Did you have your wife tested before marriage and ready to have her executed if she wasn't a virgin?

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 09-03-2014 at 05:56 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

As much as this post probably doesn't sit well with a lot of people, it is 100% true.

I've found that a lot of women want equality, but when they finally get it, they realize it's not all it's cracked up to be, so they pick and choose. A good example would be if a woman walked up and slapped me in the face and in self defense I knocked her teeth down her throat. That's equality, but for some reason no feminist would see it that way. Heck, if you reversed the roles it would be on facebook with a few thousand likes and a bunch of people posting "you go girl."

Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
As much as this post probably doesn't sit well with a lot of people, it is 100% true.

I've found that a lot of women want equality, but when they finally get it, they realize it's not all it's cracked up to be, so they pick and choose. A good example would be if a woman walked up and slapped me in the face and in self defense I knocked her teeth down her throat. That's equality, but for some reason no feminist would see it that way. Heck, if you reversed the roles it would be on facebook with a few thousand likes and a bunch of people posting "you go girl."

Let me take a WILD guess here; NO Wife or Girlfriend in your life?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's only a weird statement to those who do not know God.
See what happened there? The end of reason and argumentation, the beginning of insistence that somehow you have an in with God and the rest of us had better treat that as - if you'll pardon the expression - gospel.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Let me take a WILD guess here; NO Wife or Girlfriend in your life?
My girlfriend can't stand the feminist movement either. She see's it for what it really is, just like I do. Neither one of us are religious or conservative, and we're both educated professionals from Seattle WA, so you can't pull the redneck card on us either.

Here's some free advice......
It's the idiots that buy into all that nonsense that are single buddy. That's the funniest part about the whole white knight mentality. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will dry a girl up faster than a guy without a set on him. These men get perpetually stuck in the friend zone, or they end up being a doormat to someone that doesn't respect them. They are the beta males of our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies