Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,387,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Is walking in the street considered an offense so heinous in Missouri that it needs police intervention?

Also, this still doesn't change the fact that the cop pumped 10 bullets in Mike's BACK as he was laying down on the ground.

Another thing, how come this police department only has 3 black police officers out of 85 monitoring a predominantly black neighborhood?

Lastly, they needed to use SWAT for peaceful protesting? Do they do this in the white neighborhoods too?

I'm from NYC and the cops wouldn't stop people for such nonsense. Walking in the street? Really??

This boy is dead, because he was walking in the street?!!

Is this the result of years and years of meth head fumes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He tried to take the officer's gun wearing flip flops??

Do you really believe this??

The cop didn't know that this kid had committed a robbery. He stopped him for "walking in the street" (whatever that means for Missouri). You mean to tell me a dude in FLIP FLOPS is going to try to take a cop's gun for basically no reason?

If the cop didn't know he was the robbery suspect, then why would he want to take the cop's gun to shoot him? According to the witness, the cop grabbed the kid's head and tried to pull it in through the car door window. Brown broke away from the cop's grip, tried to run, but got shot from behind. He put his hands up as he fell to his knees, but then got shot several more times while he was laying on the ground not posing a threat.

Why?
All I can say is, "WOW!" I'm amazed that anyone would have the presence of mind to be able to post anything after obviously having been an eye witness to such a traumatic event. I mean, I've been in combat and am a former cop and I'd be very shaken had I seen first-hand what occurred that night right down to counting how many bullets actually struck him.

My point is, everyone should wait for the investigation, the autopsy and all the evidence to be gathered before jumping to conclusions on either side. Doing otherwise is what feeds the flames and is not helpful.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,243 times
Is it not true that if anyone who resist arrest, and tries to escape from being detained by police officer, that the officer has a right to use whatever force necessary to stop the person resisting arrest? If that person resisting and/or running away suddenly turns around and puts theirs hands in the air, it would be too late for the gun to stop firing, and not enough time for the human brain of the officer to stop the reflex action, and the body's elevated adrenalin that came when the seconds he had to decide if he needed to use the gun as the necessary force to stop the person resisting arrest and running away. The officers are not robots. Their brains, are not controlled by the quick electronic responses that we have become accustomed of our cell phones, TVs, microwaves, etc. Also, guns are not controlled by quick electronic stops unfortunately.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,243 times
Our country, and our world, is in such a sad state. If each of us would sincerely call out to God, seek him, repent of our sins, and seek to do what is right, God will restore us, help us grow in faith, and wisdom from the Holy Spirit.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,387,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayersForAll View Post
Is it not true that if anyone who resist arrest, and tries to escape from being detained by police officer, that the officer has a right to use whatever force necessary to stop the person resisting arrest? If that person resisting and/or running away suddenly turns around and puts theirs hands in the air, it would be too late for the gun to stop firing, and not enough time for the human brain of the officer to stop the reflex action, and the body's elevated adrenalin that came when the seconds he had to decide if he needed to use the gun as the necessary force to stop the person resisting arrest and running away. The officers are not robots. Their brains, are not controlled by the quick electronic responses that we have become accustomed of our cell phones, TVs, microwaves, etc. Also, guns are not controlled by quick electronic stops unfortunately.
In 1985 the U.S. Supreme Court held that a fleeing felon may only be shot if the officer, failing any other means to stop them, has cause to believe they pose a danger to himself or others.

That being said, going for an officer's weapon can literally be a deadly mistake.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:37 AM

16,063 posts, read 10,644,178 times
I worked in MO corrections for 20 years. After looking at the "strong arm robbery" video, it's highly unlikely that Brown would have drawn prison time for the offense and I'm not even sure it would have resulted in a final felony conviction. If it wound up being a felony (2nd degree robbery without a plea bargain) he might have served some suspended sentence time on probation. At his age he would not have had much of an adult arrest record and I'm sure Ferguson police would have found a way to leak his arrest record if it was significant. I don't know the value of the cigars that were stolen and the assault was minor....I've seen more serious assaults in school yards.

What happened with the shooting in the street is another matter entirely and we don't have the facts on that. I'm surprised that there wasn't a dashboard video camera or a lapel video camera filming the incident considering how much firepower and heavy vehicles they have managed to acquire.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:19 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,073,903 times
Michael Badens autopsy showed Brown was shot six times from the front... not in the back as reported. Badens opinion apparently showed consistent with Brown possibly turning around and charging the officer ....

If someone tried to take my gun... and came back... well.. the force continuum would go from. verbal judo to deadly force in a millisecond.

The officer stopped Brown for pedestrian in a roadway... he said he did not know he had committed a strong arm robbery... however...Brown had a guilty mind because he knew be just robbed an innocent store keeper .

I don't know... but I will wait for the multi level investigations before reaching a conclusion

Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,172,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have another question to ask about this situation. Where are all the protesters when a black teen is shot and killed by another black teen? Why are they only infuriated when a white man shoots a black person ? Every day in every city in this country, black teens and adults will die at the hands of another black person and I NEVER see one protest about that !

White homicide detectives go into black neighborhoods after every black person dies at the hands of another person and are frustrated because "nobody saw nuthin' ". As soon as they try to get one person to come forward everyone clams up and walks away. Where is the outrage over that murder ?

If blacks were truly concerned over injustices the first injustice they would address would be black on black crime............too many Mothers have had to bury their young men and yet I never see any protests about that. When I see the black community rising up en masse over black on black crime I will start to believe that they are actually concerned about their situation and will change my opinion. But I don't see that happening.......blacks only care when a white or Hispanic person kills a black.

Don
This post sums it up and should be pasted all over the internet and sent to the media....enough is enough here, it's got to stop....
and I agree, and feel the exact same way....

Don, I'm asking your permission, can I go into some of the online news reports and post this, and am asking everyone, for once in your life, do something and post this all over the place, if Don allows it...
Thank you

Creme

Old 08-18-2014, 05:04 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,750,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
What happened with the shooting in the street is another matter entirely and we don't have the facts on that. I'm surprised that there wasn't a dashboard video camera or a lapel video camera filming the incident considering how much firepower and heavy vehicles they have managed to acquire.
Ferguson doesn't own any of the equipment you are seeing. They are a flat broke department that mostly acts as a speed trap.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:15 AM

12 posts, read 15,179 times
Angry cop

the cop had a choice to taze him or use a rubber bullet or use a killing wepon or possibly shoot him in the foot or somewerelow but come on man not in the chest after all you are inescent on thill proven gilty but in this case he had a choice and slottered the youngster

Last edited by rattieracoon; 08-18-2014 at 07:25 AM..

Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 AM

393 posts, read 407,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
he also jumped on the police officer and tried to get the officers gun, trying to hit the officer....so what would you do?
Same thing that happened in atlanta years ago, a white cop was arresting a black prostitute, she knifed him i don't kinow how many time, and the officer shot and killed her....same poop different day.
Blacks are all wrapped up in a wacky entitlement culture, they think b/c they are black, they don't have to obey the laws, and they get away with murder...however, when a white cop comes down on a black person, then it's a crime committed against them.
Yanno, it's the same ol story, you obey the law you don't get in trouble, period.
And yes, the officer was called to the robbery, he didn't just show up for no reason and kill this kid for no reason.
And all these protests, is another reason to push the envelope. A lot of those protesters don't even care about the kid, just another reason to act entitled, driving around in a car, with the beer cans out the window.

I think the american public is sick and tired of this culture....it's time to educate yourselves, and stop blaming everyone else for the life you lead.
I work with black people who say the same thing as i have just said, they are fine educated upstanding citizens that work....
You live off of welfare, so will your children.
this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies