Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:59 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes it was. We haven't had the discussion we have had the last week because only blacks are upset.

Stop it, you are not helping. Join us that aren't interested in separating people.
Why does mentioning what Rand Paul said about how he thinks black Americans are systematically mistreated by the police race baiting. He wrote it. I was duly impressed. I don't think that opinion is popular with conservatives or even white Americans, but I do commend Rand Paul for real talk.

The demilitarization of the police is important. I have wrote about it plenty of times. But the militarization of the police was in fact based on fear of black people.

The reason the Feds started giving weapons to local police districts is because white conservatives and many many democrats sought to federalize the prosecution of crime.

With this get tough on crime rhetoric that again was in response to fear of black people.

One can trace politicians in the 1960's starting to push their get tough on crime bs with southern politicians and conservatives. Eventually cowardly white democrats joined in.

So even if we temporarily demilitarize the police as long as black people get treated badly by the criminal justice system, as long as black men in particular are feared we have not really solved the main problem.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why does mentioning what Rand Paul said about how he thinks black Americans are systematically mistreated by the police race baiting.
Most white Americans except for the most liberal will have a problem with Rand Paul for telling the truth

Race baiting. Stop it.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:07 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most white Americans except for the most liberal will have a problem with Rand Paul for telling the truth

Race baiting. Stop it.
That's a fact. The vast majority of white Americans do not think that black people are mistreated by the criminal justice system. The vast majority of white Americans believe that black people are more criminal.

The position that Rand Paul has taken is very very liberal for a white American. It is even radical for a white American. You can look at polling data.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:11 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:

I was both shocked and impressed that Paul would openly say this truth when certainly the vast majority of conservatives believe that black people face more police contact because black people are more criminal.
I don't know where anyone could get that idea from.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok Tea Partiers do you still like Rand Paul after his comments in Time magazine?

Senator Rand Paul on Ferguson: We Must Demilitarize the Police - TIME

It’s time to stop calling Rand Paul a tea partier - The Washington Post

Its almost like Rand Paul has stabbed you in the back if you are a Sarah Palin- law and order, build more prisons, Republican Tea Partier. As a Tea Partier do you think Rand Pauls comments about the militarization of police departments are out of line?
I know it's useless to point this out, but the TEA want smaller government. How do you make the leap that TEA people embrace militarized local and state LEOs? I'm glad he called it out, and it only makes me want him for President that much more.

Rand Paul 2016

Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM

195 posts, read 153,929 times
Quote:
That's a fact. The vast majority of white Americans do not think that black people are mistreated by the criminal justice system. The vast majority of white Americans believe that black people are more criminal.

The position that Rand Paul has taken is very very liberal for a white American. It is even radical for a white American. You can look at polling data.

Some people believe in liberty for all, not just the chosen.

Governments at all levels should treat everyone equally, instead of picking the winners & the losers.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
That's a fact. The vast majority of white Americans do not think that black people are mistreated by the criminal justice system.
I am positive that no one made you the spokesperson for the vast majority of white people.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Iamme73

I was both shocked and impressed that Paul would openly say this truth when certainly the vast majority of conservatives believe that black people face more police contact because black people are more criminal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I don't know where anyone could get that idea from.
It's easier to lie to a person, than to convince them they're being lied to.

They suffer from tunnel vision. Even if it isn't true, they prefer to believe it is. The belief that this somehow alienates Paul is a figment of their imaginations.

I think their ability to build these partisan bridges to and from nowhere, constantly, is both entertaining and a little scary.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Still a repulsive political figure

Paul making cosmetic changes as he contemplates a run at the presidency, doesn't change who he is. He's part of the problem, and just a different shade of undesirable RED.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Why does mentioning what Rand Paul said about how he thinks black Americans are systematically mistreated by the police race baiting.
DUDE! You are race baiting! It wasn't what you said about Paul, but how you framed white Americans, and you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Paul making cosmetic changes as he contemplates a run at the presidency, doesn't change who he is. He's part of the problem, and just a different shade of undesirable RED.
It's the Keystone cops in here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies