Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 12:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because those eyewitnesses saw something that didn't happen.
He wasn't gunned down in cold blood while running away.
"Parcells said it is unclear yet whether the gunshots on Brown’s arms came from the teenager holding his arms up in a form of surrender, which is what a witness said Brown was doing when he died.

While they could not speculate on the order of the gunshot wounds, it appears that the two gunshots fired at Brown’s head were the last two shots, Parcells said."

Brown family attorneys: Autopsy showed Michael Brown was trying to surrender when he was killed - The Washington Post

With a guy that big, what happened to the shooting at center (chest) like the cops are trained to do.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

. Was Brown shot in the head while in a kneeling position? If so that is an execution and the cop needs to be held accountable. If I'm not allowed to do that I don't want cops getting away with it either.

While I agree, and the only charge if that were true, that s/b acceptable is 1st degree murder, it would never happen, due to the PD's Blue Wall.

In our history, when has a cop ever faced the death penalty for 1st degree murder committed on the job? With our population, over 2 plus centuries, the fact it has NOT happened can only be explained by the PD's Blue Wall.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Even if scenario B were true, I don't think the officer is entitled to deadly force with an unarmed man.
Maim or halt aggression, yes. But shoot to kill?
At 6'4" and 300 pounds, the man WAS the weapon. He's already tried to overpower you. Are you going to risk that again? Let him get close enough to "talk"? Hug it out? Try and "maim" him?

If scenario B were true, Brown had ample opportunity to NOT get shot. Stop charging.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From Day 1 this incident was biased. There was nothing objective about it.

You have people calling for justice but the justice they want is the cop arrested on murder charges.
That's not justice, that's revenge.
We are in absolute agreement on that point.

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I wouldn't say that I support Wilson, I don't know him and I don't know what happened that night. I wasn't even paying attention to this story until the embellishment of Brown as a "gentle giant" and this perfectly saintly angel in the media set off my BS detectors full blast. I'm for the truth having its day, for the story being reported evenly and for people not automatically assuming that the officer was guilty.

This could go either way, if the officer acted inappropriately, charge him and have him do jail time as a result. If the officer was defending himself against an uncooperative and aggressive suspect and felt that his life was in danger, than exonerate him and leave him to live his life in peace.
I think that is what Most people here want, unfortunately far too many wanted to skip over the investigation portion of the process, not to mention a trial, and just get on with the hanging.
We shall see where the evidence eventually leads, too bad for some it seems they are more interested in pinning it on the cop than in real justice.

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, two others, one of whom told the police what she saw at the scene, immediately after the incident happened. Her version coroborates that of Darien Johnson.

And hopefully the FBI has by now located more witnesses.

The FBI and the local police have interviewed roughly about 100 or so people. It should be pretty easy to separate those who actually saw something AND are telling the truth versus those who weren't there or are either lying or simply mistaken in what they saw.

For example, the witnesses that claimed that the cop walked up to Brown and shot him in the back. Yeah, adios.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If the locals are covering up, it will be the top of the head shot Baden indicated that they conceal. Since Brown was 6'4", short of Wilson being 6'8" or taller, there is no way that headshot could traject down, leaving at the clavicle as Baden indicates, unless the suspect were crouched or kneeling, at a head height several inches , or more, below the cop.

This was well covered by medical experts on CNN today..

Or sprinting with his head lowered like a bull.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Heard on the street . . .
Incoherent, inarticulate, ignorant, deceitful, shameless rabble babble.
Unity of, by, and for the predators shall tear the fabric of civilization asunder.
The End is fast approaching.
But you already knew that.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
"Parcells said it is unclear yet whether the gunshots on Brown’s arms came from the teenager holding his arms up in a form of surrender, which is what a witness said Brown was doing when he died.

While they could not speculate on the order of the gunshot wounds, it appears that the two gunshots fired at Brown’s head were the last two shots, Parcells said."

Brown family attorneys: Autopsy showed Michael Brown was trying to surrender when he was killed - The Washington Post

With a guy that big, what happened to the shooting at center (chest) like the cops are trained to do.
Baden said either "hands up" or "charging the officer".

You think Crump is going to say anything to put doubt into the allegations of cold blooded murder by a racist cop ?
Go read Baden's report in Baden's words..not some cherry picking done by Crump and company.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:28 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:

Real life is not like at the range. When I was in Iraq, the first time we were fired at and I had to fire back, I realized shortly that I was jamming down on the trigger and wasn't hitting a darn thing at all even though I routinely got expert marking at the range. The adrenaline that pumps through you, your reflexes and thinking speed up, its difficult to remain calm and that is without having been hit in the face the way the cop was.

If he really did hit him in the arm(the county medical examiner said it was the chest), then that could easily be explained by him jamming on the trigger, causing the rounds to carry to the left and right of the intended target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies