Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Does that video make the following claim true?

No, it doesn't. Pretty simple.
Probably not most of the people but did you see the look on the guy in the store when MB came back in ?

That guy was threatened and was truly scared.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:48 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Does that video make the following claim.
The video is what it is, helen. The video is unbiased.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:49 PM

893 posts, read 885,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I played football.

You don't go charging at someone with a gun who's ALREADAY SHOT AT YOU head first with you head down.

After running away from him.
It makes perfect sense how he was shot in the head. The first 4 shots to the arm were while he was running at the officer and the 5th shot hit him in the eye and the 6th was as he was going down from the 5th shot and he fell in front of the officer about 3 or 4 feet in front of him.

It makes perfect sense if you look at the facts that have been presented. The testimony of the officer and the testimony of the person on the video saying EXACTLY the same thing.

The other "eye witness" testimonies are different from each other even and as anyone who knows anything about this subject know that eye witness testimony is very inaccurate as it is difficult to recall in the heat of the moment and your memory is easily influenced by things you hear

Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
I've been out in the sticks, no 24 hour news for four days, trying to catch up. This is what I've gathered: a rather large young black man strong armed a store clerk and stole some smokes. A bit later, while unarmed, the young man gets into some sort of a confrontation with a cop. The cop shoots him six times. The police spokesmen appear to add to the confusion. Seems to me this is what we have discussed on this board a lot, over use of force. The only difference I see is that it happened in a super ratty neighborhood and the people are behaving poorly. I find it interesting that the press gives this incident more attention than others. There were two big ones in NM, the lady and her kids that were shot at and the homeless guy they actually killed.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:52 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
You certainly don't want to discuss this case regarding "logic" vs "emotion". That's all there is right now on those defending Brown.
And the officer. Almost all of this is pure emotion. That's the problem.

Quote:
YFrom everything I've seen so far, and I've watched CNN and MSNBC all day, all the prosecution will have is emotion. Fortunately, the facts do and WILL likely clear the officer. The blatant dishonesty in reporting this is astonishing to watch.
Yuck. Why would you subject yourself to that?

Quote:
Too many of you want the officer arrested (idiotic) right now and many want him lynched.
You who exactly? If you are including me in that "you," you are doing so based on nothing I've said in this thread.

Quote:
It is just like the George Zimmerman witch hunt. In spite of the facts, the dishonest narrative was that Trayvon was chased down and shot when in fact HE instigated the confrontation and was beating GZ. Again, it was cut and dried and the media ignored it and those who wanted a certain outcome were led by emotion, just like this case.
It wasn't cut and dry, hence the trial and why a court of law was left to decide.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I played football.

You don't go charging at someone with a gun who's ALREADAY SHOT AT YOU head first with you head down.

After running away from him.
I didn't know that football involved someone with a gun who's ALREADAY SHOT AT YOU head first.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
We need to see the officers report to know what is recollection of events. We have not seen the actual report so anything outside the report is speculation. I personally think the officer faces a uphill battle. If Brown was killed 35 ft away from him he is going to have a difficult time explaining how he was defending himself with the suspect that far away. He can only fire his weapon if the suspect was endangering him or someone else. A shot fired in the car during a altercation is valid reason for shooting someone. 35 ft is good distance when one person has a gun and the other person does not. For this to be justified a logical person would have to believe that a altercation took place, Brown decided to run, after being shot at Brown thought a better plan would be to pivot around and charge the officer without a firearm. I would like to think I am a logical thinking person and would think this scenario is highly unlikely. Mr. Brown would have to have wanted to die by suicide in order to charge a officer with a automatic weapon. Sure it could happen but it seems highly unlikely. I think the officer is going to have a uphill climb on this one.

Reggie
Automatic weapon? A typo, fundamental misunderstanding of guns, or an intentional attempt to rewrite the facts??

Old 08-18-2014, 06:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Helen, do you question what the video showed? Brown was robbing a business. He also assaulted a clerk. There is no doubt the perpetrator was Brown.
Johnson admitted the crime.
Quote:
Does that video make the following claim true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

The public was at risk from a felon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The video is what it is, helen. The video is unbiased.
I'll take that as a no.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:59 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense how he was shot in the head. The first 4 shots to the arm were while he was running at the officer and the 5th shot hit him in the eye and the 6th was as he was going down from the 5th shot and he fell in front of the officer about 3 or 4 feet in front of him.

It makes perfect sense if you look at the facts that have been presented. The testimony of the officer and the testimony of the person on the video saying EXACTLY the same thing.

The other "eye witness" testimonies are different from each other even and as anyone who knows anything about this subject know that eye witness testimony is very inaccurate as it is difficult to recall in the heat of the moment and your memory is easily influenced by things you hear

This is incorrect. The report could defend either story. Mr Brown had a graze wound to his arm would could have come from being shot from the rear (Pathologist said this was a possibility). The shot at the top of the head could have came while Brown was kneeling down with his arms in the air just has easy as it come have come from his falling forward. The autopsy could support either side and this was clearly stated. You can't accept one side and dismiss the other based on the report. This has been clearly spelled out but many are more willing to dismiss it to push their agenda.

Reggie

Old 08-18-2014, 06:59 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Well that should solve everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies