Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

Six rounds might take at most 2 seconds to get off. The cop wasn't at a range slowly popping off shots into a target, he was emptying his weapon while adrenaline was going and he was responding to a threat.
The big tragedy is that the hater idiots have embraced a police state thanks to their obsessive focus on racism and need to protest what the media made into a trumped up incident.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:34 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Magazines...

Sorry, I pretty much use them interchangeably, its a bad habit. I also tend to use gun in place of rifle which would have made me a heretic in basic.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:35 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludja View Post
Yes, that is how everyone that is trained in self defense, whether it be with a gun or not. You do not stop until the threat is neutralized and neutralization is down and totally incapacitated or dead.

I don't know about you but I have been attacked. Looking back I wish I had had a gun. I would have emptied that gun into the son of a ***** that raped me even if the first shot killed him. Yes, I get that the circumstances are vastly different however, the I get the adrenaline rush and the complete over taking of every fiber of my being by the fight or flight reflex.
That is so totally different than the job of a police officer who is patrolling public streets
during the day. If an officer can not control his adrenaline rush, he's got no business being a cop on a beat with a weapon. Period.

I was home when I was robbed. I had a very large Great Dane/shepherd mix at the time who
chased the robber out of our home, chomping at his heals. I am glad he did not use his
weapon at the time, as there are many instances where they try to shoot the dogs.
I was just happy I did not have to use mine.

Most folks no matter how well trained in weaponry, are happy that they have it, but are
happier that they never have had to use it and
kill someone. At least in the circles I run with. No one's braggin' about bringing another
human being "down".

Old 08-18-2014, 08:36 PM

794 posts, read 818,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Sorry, I pretty much use them interchangeably, its a bad habit. I also tend to use gun in place of rifle which would have made me a heretic in basic.
No prob, pet peeve of mine..

Also, a rifle is a gun, I think you meant pistol or revolver..

Sorry..

Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Six rounds might take at most 2 seconds to get off. The cop wasn't at a range slowly popping off shots into a target, he was emptying his weapon while adrenaline was going and he was responding to a threat.
The big tragedy is that the hater idiots have embraced a police state thanks to their obsessive focus on racism and need to protest what the media made into a trumped up incident.

I figured there was an opportunity after they brought in Captain Johnson and he seemed to be saying all the right things but their version of kinder, more gentle policing didn't end up working out all that well either. The nice thing is that people from the community actually stood up to the looters in some places but I feel like in situations like this, you wind up with a lot of out of town opportunists coming to loot and create havoc.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Great, Dr Baden is a pathologist, not a police officer, not a firearms instructor. What he's doing there is known as "firing out of your lane." He has no clue as to what is excessive because its not his job to do so. This is where experts in other fields interject their opinions into things they aren't well versed on.
Did you miss that he is the former forensic examiner for the New York State Police. His opinion is likely to have more worth than any other opinion offered on this thread, or, for that matter, in this country. And given that his is one of only 400 board-certified forensic pathologists in the nation, the manner of death is the very kind of thing that he is charged with assessing.

That being said, did you miss the part where Baden said, “Right now there is too little information to forensically reconstruct the shooting.” Not sure why you would take his first comment as anything but an extremely limited, preliminary observation, especially given that he reaffirms your general position.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
It depends. Your claims of excessive force? Opinion. The police shooting to maim? False. The police shooting center mass until a threat has been stopped. Fact.
He was shot in the head. Fact.

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Excessive in my opinion yes. A grand jury's more than likely. Most think six shots to an unarmed 18 year old, two of which were to the head IS excessive.

BTW, up to this point, there is no evidence that Brown was "charging" Wilson. If you have that
evidence, please provide the link for it.
The burden of proof is on the prosecutor bullet counts won't stand for anything in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
No prob, pet peeve of mine..

Also, a rifle is a gun, I think you meant pistol or revolver..

Sorry..

Oh, no, I meant gun, I had one drill sergeant in particular that was like R Lee Ermey out of Full Metal Jacket. "I've got my gun!" "G$$$$%t Private that's a rifle!!"

Even all these years later I have a pretty well developed chest as a result of my basic training experience.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludja View Post
Yes, that is how everyone that is trained in self defense, whether it be with a gun or not. You do not stop until the threat is neutralized and neutralization is down and totally incapacitated or dead.

I don't know about you but I have been attacked. Looking back I wish I had had a gun. I would have emptied that gun into the son of a ***** that raped me even if the first shot killed him. Yes, I get that the circumstances are vastly different however, the I get the adrenaline rush and the complete over taking of every fiber of my being by the fight or flight reflex.

^^^^This!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies