Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 07:34 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I never "analyzed" the case at all.

I'm looking at the facts as they emerge and voicing an opinion.
Way early in this I posted "what if" because there are 2 sides to a story and only 1 is being told.

And you better prepare yourself that Wilson just might not get arrested for murder.
Obama didn't take the "If I had a son..." approach this time when he spoke.
I better prepare myself??

Old 08-19-2014, 07:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Witnesses will come forward and testify that Brown was jaywalking at the time he was shot by a police jaywalker.
Maybe......and then they will be cross examined.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It is.

It shouldn't be up to the grand jury. It should be up to an actual jury.
Maybe they'll cancel the grand jury and appoint a special persecutor, like in that other case.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not much is being said about Da Panthers. Not surprising given their actions outside a polling place holding clubs looking menacing and yet nothing was done about that either.
Not by the MSM but the independents are commenting on it.

You think that chant by Shabazz wanting Wilson and wanting him Dead would make Huffpost front page ?

LOL.

The MSM is only telling one side of the story to the lemmings.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:36 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
I disagree. The media outlets are not and have not caused what's been happening over there. There is plenty in this country where we can shame the media, but they did not cause this. The people did.

I grew up in Florida. When I was in high school, there was an incident where a cop shot someone in a car I believe. I dont remember all the details but cop said the guy behind the wheel moved the car forward towards him/her when they told them to stop. Media didn't cause the chaos afterwards. There was violence, protests, chaos, fires, etc. Though it did not reach the level and length of time as Ferguson has.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Cop got off locally after being involved in a road rage incident and shooting another man dead as a result. City was outraged because the cop (who was off-duty) never was arrested or taken to trial.

If the cop is innocent he's innocent. But anybody else who killed someone, where there's multiple eye witness accounts saying their guilty, would be in jail right now or out on bond.
Depends on if what the witnesses are say match the evidence or not, witnesses are notoriously unreliable and more than one person has spent decades in prison based on eye witness testimony that was later proven through hard evidence to be either wrong or an outright Lie. If the evidence and witness reports do not match the DA rarely go forward with a case based on the witness reports, they know a defence attorney will tear the case apart, which is not good for a DA's career.

I believe that if it proven that a person gave a false report about another that could or did result in a prison sentence that person should be given the same amount of time the person they lied about would have gotten or did get.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:39 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
When jaywalking is criminal, only criminals will jaywalk.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-19-2014 at 07:51 AM..

Old 08-19-2014, 07:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not by the MSM but the independents are commenting on it.

You think that chant by Shabazz wanting Wilson and wanting him Dead would make Huffpost front page ?

LOL.

The MSM is only telling one side of the story to the lemmings.
The New Black Panthers don't control nothing. The only people that talk about them are people on here.

They probably have like 20 members.

Plus the youth doesn't support them so they're hopeless

Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
So they can only be trusted if they support the cop
They can only be trusted if their statements match the facts otherwise they are either confused or a liar.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Cop got off locally after being involved in a road rage incident and shooting another man dead as a result. City was outraged because the cop (who was off-duty) never was arrested or taken to trial.

If the cop is innocent he's innocent. But anybody else who killed someone, where there's multiple eye witness accounts saying their guilty, would be in jail right now or out on bond.

That I agree with. Even in a stand your ground state, there's insufficient Public evidence of self-defense to justify deadly force. The thing is, cops have different duties and rights than regular citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies