Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 08:36 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So those witnesses could be intimidated and become targets themselves? No, I do not think they would release that information to the public.
I still think if there were a dozen witnesses who corroborate Wilson's version, that somehow the Ferguson Police Department would have allowed that information to be leaked. They certainly didn't hesitate to put the cop's version out there without investigation.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:37 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They are much less prepared than prior generations. They are mind melded to an artificial reality and totaly clueless about anything genuine.
I disagree. The ones I know are smart, well informed and some of the most sincere folks I've
ever met. They can't help it if most of their music sucks

They've grown up with two wars back to back, the collapse of one of America's iconic buildings and its economy. Like the youngest child, they learn from everyone else's mistakes.

I think this generation will surprise you in a very good way.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,387,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually like some in Ferguson it's "I won't believe anything that is not saying GUILTY COP,GET THE COP".
Funny how the mantra is "no justice,no peace" but said "justice" is defined by the cop being convicted before anyone really knows what happened.
That's how low some have sunk. Wonder what they'd say if the cop was their son,brother or father?
That is also the attitude of the 'Justice Department' who will attempt to throw the cop in jail if they are not happy with the result of the investigation.

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
I agree. This is a dynamic thread with many of us following this issue and how it plays out. The back and forth is really healthy for all of us. We learn and we grow. Hopefully we end up wiser at the end. Bear in mind that emotions are facts to many people who have never been introduced to critical thinking. They are real and unequivocal.

My beef is the simple lack of clear headed leadership from the state on this one. curfew no curfew national guard but only as we say. Stop this bull**** and stop the violence. Enforce the laws. Protect the people. This Governor is an embarrassment.

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I still think if there were a dozen witnesses who corroborate Wilson's version, that somehow the Ferguson Police Department would have allowed that information to be leaked. They certainly didn't hesitate to put the cop's version out there without investigation.
And neither did Brown's mother who told her story to the press.
The police version came out AFTER mom told her story of the cop executing her unarmed son as he was running away.
That's what got this whole ball rolling.

Mom, grandma, dad, uncle all told "their story" to the press and by Sunday everyone was calling for Wilson's execution.
Then Crump came to town and shut them all up and became the spokesperson.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:40 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
Quote:
Well, they put the officer's statement out there because it was being demanded, even from Obama. I can somewhat understand the rationale but at the same time, I do think it could compromise the investigation. Even though the mob mentality seems to be one of 'give me all of the information now', the obligation to an impartial and fair investigation should necessitate not putting out evidence while still in the throes of the investigation. However, the PR campaign being waged against the police right now is intense and they are between a rock and hard place.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:40 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,792 times
Quote:
Yes but that reporter is tweeting what the police supposedly told her. I wouldn't trust anything the Ferguson Police Department put out there.
Okay, see, apparently you have a geography problem.

There are 90 cities and 9 unincorporated regions in St Louis County (hint: the City of St Louis is not one of them), covering a population of 990k. Those 99 regions are policed by 60 police departments. The City of Ferguson is one of those cities, population 21k. The Ferguson Police Department polices six of those cities, including the city of Ferguson, and runs police (not EMS) dispatch for those cities. The St Louis County Police Department is the one doing the investigation, they police 40 of those cities plus the nine unincorporated regions. They dispatch for 60 cities, but dispatch police only, no EMS. They have been trying for several years to close the Ferguson police department.

Christine Byers reports for the St Louis Post-Dispatch and covers the St Louis Metropolitan Police, the largest department in the region. St Louis Metropolitan Police police the City of St Louis, which is not in St Louis County. They have close connections to St Louis County, and would know the results of the ongoing investigation.

But hey, at least you know where Pennsylvania is apparently.
BTW, Jennings, Dellwood, and Normandy have been involved in the protests. The Ferguson-Florissant school district includes Florissant, Cool Valley, and Berkeley. The three tricky ones are Hazelwood (barely touches), Calverton Park (no one remembers Calverton Park), and Kinloch (which barely exists anymore).

Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You can not tell if the police was hurt or, not.

Two years ago I walked away from a car accident.......I said I was fine.

Went home.......woke up fives days later on life support.
So are you saying Brown ran Wilson over with a car.

A wrestle between two men usually will show superficial signs of it, or even
messed up hair. Oh wait, the guy is partially bald....

But you get my point - you can't compare your impact/trauma with cars
to that of contact between two men. It's affects would be immediate.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:42 AM

518 posts, read 763,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
According to some here, Mr. Brown was a sweet young man headed for a bright future when he was gunned down by an evil cop for simply walking across the street, yeah and I have some bottom land to sell you, all you have to do is drain the swamp and get rid of the alligators and snakes.
Indeed.

Now I praise the good people of Ferguson and nearby who are helping to clean up the thuggery from last night. Good for these people: https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/stat...39052249677824

[live] Live Feed for riot and protest in Ferguson, MO. Scanner reports, news links

Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So are you saying Brown ran Wilson over with a car.

A wrestle between two men usually will show superficial signs of it, or even
messed up hair. Oh wait, the guy is partially bald....

But you get my point - you can't compare your impact/trauma with cars
to that of contact between two men. It's affects would be immediate.
Many times I have been hurt and the black and blue showed up the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies