Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 10:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Missouri isn't actually known for being tolerant of this type of stuff either - in fact the media is all over local police for being militarized and overly aggressive - that's one of the major themes here.
Media is just noticing this because they had a taste of it up close and personal.
They didn't have that same outlook when the troops were walking the streets in Boston did they ?
Those bearcats were a welcome sight in their eyes.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:08 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Default Black Pastor Rant on Ferguson

[youtube]
=5f0mVn0HH6U[youtube]

Amen!!

Last year it was hoddies........

now its this........

Fads and photo ops are not the solution.............But the solution is something no one wants to hear.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
When Brown was first stopped, it was because he and his friend Johnson, were walking in
the middle of the road. The officer had received over (dispatch) radio that a robbery had
taken place at the convenience store, but did not put that and Brown together at the time.

But AFTER Wilson had already stopped Brown, and noticed the cigars in his hand, Wilson stated
he suspected they MIGHT have been involved in the robbery of $48.99 cigars, but was
NOT ABSOLUTELY SURE.

Now, does that make sense
Good to see you are actually looking at the facts here.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
And before you go to the "Uncle Tom" card....... what is he saying that's actually wrong?? And why??

Old 08-19-2014, 10:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Except when it comes to differentiating between entry and exit. ~ Which is this particular bullet hole? Do you think you know?
Doesn't matter. The bullet will project straight through the arm. Are you implying that there was a reentry of a bullet to the forearm into the torso?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
None of the major news outlets have picked up the orbit fracture post. Is that right?

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
It's got to be a lie. Our c-d detectives have already reviewed the blurry, far away video of Wilson and declared him perfectly fine.
The doctors must be lying. Perhaps ellemint an gtown can call and give the hospital the correct information.

Trial by Twitter and Youtube has already been conducted and Wilson is guilty.

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Governor of that state better restore order and soon!
And he'd better do it with a better method than telling his staties to go in there and "hug" the locals for the cameras. Dumb ass!

All parties are behaving like this is their very first rodeo. How many of these events must a country endure before all authorities figure out how it's supposed to be handled and write a playbook.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I take each case at a time. I found Zimmerman acted in self defense in that case.
I also found O.J. Simpsom not guilty. I wold not have convicted Scott Peterson
or Casey Anthony. I thought Troy Davis should have not been convicted.
So. there's my track record.

My arguments are mostly based on forensics. My husband worked in Forensics before
becoming a physician and I know how accurate the science is.

So I do not look at cases from an emotional place, but rather a fact finding one.
If the forensic evidence is not there to convict (let's say, the Scott Peterson case) I would be
a terrible person to have on the jury for the prosecution, because I could not convict on purely circumstantial.

If I had been born in the times of Lizzy Borden, I would have had to let her go too.
You're a perfect example of 'the CSI effect.' Someone who thinks every case should have indisputable forensics to convict.

If forensic 'science' is the perfect evidence, pure 'science,' we wouldn't see every trial have competing forensic 'experts.'

Old 08-19-2014, 10:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Governor of that state better restore order and soon!
I think they are not going to have much choice in the matter and it will be dealt with in whatever manner is required. Unfortunately that manner will probably get violent since some will refuse to allow peace to be the option there. As with Mr. Brown they are setting themselves up for a major fall and as happened with him some will not use reason or rational thinking and overreact once again and even more people will get hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies