Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times

Advertisements

The armed police officer was unable to handcuff and detain an unarmed jaywalker.

The armed police officer was an angry armed police officer.

He should have waited for cooler armed police officers to arrive.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No, they need to earn it.

Now we must not retaliate via physical action, but voicing opinions against the present day militarized pds and not automatically respecting cops should be what we are teaching the children.
See the generation before me were taught to respect cops, and crap like this didn't happen to them at all. Its these dumb young uneducated kids and even the supposed "educated kids" that think they are leading some sort of dumb cause. Its funny because they are all liberal and absolutely depend on the police 100% for their safety.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Yup.

They can take all day and all night to walk and demonstrate for days on end.....but if they really cared about racial disaprity, maybe they can spare 1 day out of the year to go vote for who they want in leadership in Ferguson.
And they talk about how they need to sleep on the floor to avoid gunshots coming in their windows.
Yet won't talk to the police because they fear revenge.
And this was a woman who talked to the press about living in the same complex as Brown's grandma.

This is what perpetuates the crime. They are ruled by the lawless that live there.

Snitches get Stitches was on that store after the first night of looting.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Since too many cops bring shame to their occupation and badge, I would expect this job to only attract lowlifes who cannot obtain gainful employment elsewhere.
Bob, this is an utterly ridiculous statement.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:34 AM

518 posts, read 764,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The armed police officer was unable to handcuff and detain an unarmed jaywalker.

The armed police officer was an angry armed police officer.

He should have waited for cooler armed police officers to arrive.
Hmmm let's see an average sized male to go up against a 6ft+ 300lbs man who may have been bum rushing.

Yeah let's just pull out our Bruce Lee skills that we all have to safely and gently subdue a very large person and hand cuff them.

I'm sure there is no imaginable way that one can be in danger for their life if the perp was un-armed.

I mean even if the cop was a little asian lady 5-1 and 100lbs vs a 6ft+ 300lbs man whom you do not know what will do to you in the moment. obviously there is no possible reasonable way that the force may be un equal and that greater force may be needed due to...oh I dont know....how about incredible disparity in physical size between the two alteraction subjects.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:35 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Snitches get Stitches was on that store after the first night of looting.
That sign might just as likely have been aimed by the cops.

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That won't happen. It's all about race now..Blacks vs White cop brutality.
Send in the Guard and it will just serve to further this issue.

The police let those people stand there a good 10 or more minutes asking them to leave.
And the crowd defied them. And they just continued to ask them to leave.
If they had gone in after the first announcement then the gunfire might have been averted.
It was all on the VICE live stream.

The law is tip toeing around the racial issues here and that is holding them back from the "swift action".
They should have acted quicker and defused the situation. They had a similar situation here in Dallas a year ago, the cops let people voice their opinions but once it started getting more ugly they simply put a lot of police on line and start walking down the street tell people to get off the street, guess what, no riot and no one hurt. Once people have time to cool down the situation becomes less volatile but when they all stand around in the streets screaming the combined anger tends to feed on itself and at a point spills over into violence. Good Police Departments know when the situation is starting to reach that boiling over point and act before it does. The police in Ferguson messed up from the very beginning and then the Governor messed up and sent in the State Police which made even more mistakes and now the Guard is there, simply waiting for the entire mess to blow up in their face at this point. I think once everything is settled down a whole lot of people are going to be facing a lot of questions and in my opinion more than a few should lose their jobs over it, too bad the Governor cannot be one of them.

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bob, this is an utterly ridiculous statement.
Not these days. 20 years ago, those pds deserved and earned respect. We did not have the quantity of ridiculous Barney Fife levels of knee jerk violence perpetuated by pds. I have family who are cops, and they are ashamed of the lowlifes within their own forces now. I wish I knew an answer, I don't, and I do not think we have bottomed out yet in terms of inferior quality of police forces circa 21st century.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
No, they need to earn it.

Now we must not retaliate via physical action, but voicing opinions against the present day militarized pds and not automatically respecting cops should be what we are teaching the children.
I disagree. I think we should be teaching our children to respect cops.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:37 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Yes, blame the local institutions. Ferguson is a city that is 70% black but only 13% of them are registered voters which explains why most of the town's leadership is white. At some point people need to stop pointing fingers and handle their own business.

Yep and the police department is mostly white because the black applicants can't pass the background check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies