Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 11:51 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Can you provide a link for that?
Sure I posted this up thread but here you go. You should read the entire article. Basically Johnson's version contradicts other witnesses. He's not a legit witness.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us...v=lede-package

Quote:
However, law enforcement officials say witnesses and forensic analysis have shown that Officer Wilson did sustain an injury during the struggle in the car.

As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
On that we agree. Foreign journalists have commented that the US media has lost all objectivity in their news reporting.
and that is definately true....I can't believe my ears and eyes on this issue, which brings another senerio to light, I won't ever be able to believe them again, not any of them.

There in it like everything else in this country for the money, at the expense of people who die, and the police....this is not what they reported in the beginning....
And another question, how is all this info coming out, not bogus, it is evidence, who is leaking this stuff, if it is true?

Or......is the Media making it all up like everything else...no respect for the media anymore. They definately have an agenda at all costs.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Honest question: If Brown, a massive man, actually slammed the officer in the car door, then punched him so hard that he shattered his entire orbital socket, then went for the officers gun, which discharged in the squad car, then got away, but decided to double back & rush the officer in order to attack him again....then it would justify the officer's actions correct?
No witnesses have seen that happen. Can you link me to a medical report, something saying that the officer was treated for his very serous wounds at the seen, or any of the like?

Old 08-20-2014, 11:55 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
No witnesses have seen that happen. Can you link me to a medical report, something saying that the officer was treated for his very serous wounds at the seen, or any of the like?
hmmm, yet there are people who are chanting that they want him dead.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
What is clear is the police chief has publicly stated his face was swollen. If the supposed story of Wilson is in fact his there is going to be ample evidence to support it and he will not be indicted.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So what? What does that have to do with what I asked? What does that have to do with the officer shooting an unarmed man?

Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
No witnesses have seen that happen.
One other thing, we don't know what other witness's there are how they have described the altercation.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
It concerns me. Police should not be using profanity. The number of times they've been quoted using profanity is disgusting. Not sure if its their age or their mentality. Course, I don't think people should wander around using the f word at the grocery store or the mall and yet I hear it all the time.

Arresting journalist's(especially foreign ones) just makes them look stupid and gets them bad press.

I'm not aware they've shot real bullets at peaceful protestors.

Shooting tear gas for crowd control......risk you take when protesting if you choose not to do what they tell you.

Technically, while you have the right to assemble, I don't know what the Mo laws are with regard to whether you have the right to do that hanging out in the street blocking traffic. So, if that's where you are, you pretty much required by law to do what they tell you. Organized protest run by someone with a permit may be a different story.

They haven't shot live rounds at protesters that I've heard of, was meaning rubber bullets. Still very painful though and many times the shots have been unwarranted.

There's journalist there who have reported in War Zones who have complained about the way they've been treated.

First time in the history of this country Amnesty International has come to the U.S. to help.

Pretty big statement.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Quote:
So what? What does that have to do with what I asked? What does that have to do with the officer shooting an unarmed man?
So what? You ask for a medical report showing that the officer was wounded yet "so what" that some black are out there chanting they want the officer dead? So it's ok that some people become jury and judge before the evidence.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with the officer shooting an unarmed man?
Unarmed is irrelevant if Brown was charging him. Fists and feet are weapons and can easily cause permanent injuries or even death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.