Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 02:49 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
My personal impression (from reading endless posts on this forum) is that black people are not so interested in "solutions" (that emphasize the future) as much as taking about racism (and the past). Racism is the word, and the more you talk about it, the better. Most effort goes towards proving that X or Y is racist and doesnt like black people. A few times I tried asking how such revaluation benefits them...but got no concrete answer.
As I think about it, I don't remember reading one suggested solution (for the future).

The post above demonstrates the topic.
Do you ever have conversations with Blacks and real life or are too scared?

Everytime I have a conversation in real life with a white person who has a narrow view of Blacks they always say "wow, you aren't like other Blacks"

A few questions usually lead me to believe they get all their info from the news or web sites like CD. I have 20 or so friends, all Black, all college educated and gainfully employed. My brother went to the Naval Academy, my wife is a college professor, my sister in law owns a 5,000 sq. ft home....

But you know what? People like you don't want to talk about these things. CD would rather talk about a guy who broke the law and how it makes the whole race look bad.

What do you want to know? Ask and I will give an honest answer.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Other solutions are making sure that black, low-income communities do not get stuck with the worst schools. There are some inner-city high schools from which less than 80 % of the kids graduate, in which very few children, even the brightest, cannot succeed. That is a tragedy.
What part of the school makes it the worst? is it the teachers? etc?? the lightbulbs? the paint or windows or books or computers? please enlighten

Old 08-16-2014, 02:52 PM

201 posts, read 148,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
We can get to helping poor and uneducated people of other races later, but for now lets focus our attention on blacks. Next to native americans blacks have the worse statistics.
Yes they do and they've had more time than any other ethnic group that has migrated here from Europe, Asia, South America, the Middle East, and more legislation passed in order to lift them up and still they are on the bottom of the rung in almost all societal aspects. The Black culture just seems to not wish to help their own selves at all.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:52 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Who's "us"? Is this top secret?
As in Black folks. Us. We are the only ones that can fix our communities. Nobody else is going to do this .

Old 08-16-2014, 02:53 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
We can get to helping poor and uneducated people of other races later, but for now lets focus our attention on blacks. Next to native americans blacks have the worse statistics.
Don't worry about fixing Black America, fix white america. There are way more whites on drugs and welfare, fix that and then worry about other races.

How can you fix other races if you can't get your own race in order?

Old 08-16-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Watts riots - 34 people murdered, 1000 injured, 600 building burned, nearly ALL blacks.

67 Detroit riots - 43 people murdered, 33 black and 10 white. 7200 arrested

1992 King riots - 52 people murdered (only two solved), 2000 injured, nearly all blacks. 45% of the buildings burned or damaged were owned by Koreans.

These are the race riots just off the top of my head. How has that self-policing thing been working out?
Oh please. As if the amounts of mass killings and lawlessness hasn't happened amongst other races.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:56 PM

317 posts, read 328,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Other solutions are making sure that black, low-income communities do not get stuck with the worst schools. There are some inner-city high schools from which less than 80 % of the kids graduate, in which very few children, even the brightest, cannot succeed. That is a tragedy.
There not the worse schools because of the teachers, there the worse schools because of all the poor blacks in them.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
You seemed to have missed my point.

Out of wedlock births, while a lower ratio, occur more among whites than blacks.

Black employment is at 88%, so the majority, do indeed have a job.

Black families are also no bigger than white ones.

So the problem addressed are simply symptoms, not the actual source of the problem.

The post i responded to is hyperbole and stereotypes, or things that exist in all races.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Don't worry about fixing Black America, fix white america. There are way more whites on drugs and welfare, fix that and then worry about other races.

How can you fix other races if you can't get your own race in order?
Exactly. That's why I said let us Black Americans worry about fixing Black America. Not interested in any inputs from anyone else on bringing solutions on what we need fixing when we know the problems and are working to fix it ourselves anyway.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
There is a crime and poverty problem in the black community. What are the solutions to decrease crime and poverty?
How to Break Out of a Victim Mentality: 7 Powerful Tips
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies