Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Stock market at record highs.....Liberals and Democrats promoting Wall Street and banks over main street.

At least there we have a smidgen of facts.
I'm certainly making money in the market. My IRA is doing well.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:59 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Silver! I turned on Fox News, and what do I see? A company who pushed for gold a few years ago is now hawking silver at the gullible masses. Yep, that's right. Silver is the new gold now, now that gold shows an overall decline from the high in 2011. Gold has lost $500 of it's value per ounce since then, and the trend shows decline. No wonder silver is now the hot new commodity being pushed onto the gullible masses.
Well, actually... silver has lost more than 60% from the high of $52, and is now trading for less than $20. The production cost for silver is about $18, making it a pretty good investment.

What does this have to do with TEA? Is everything even remotely conservative seen as being pushed by TEA?

BTW... the likes of Goldline and Rosland Capital also advertise on CNBC, Bloomberg, and CNN Business. So, I suppose Liberals have also traded gold for silver.

This has nothing to do with TEA or politics, and everything to do with finding suckers who will pay a premium over spot.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-18-2014 at 12:10 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 12:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times
With the GSR at it's currently level it makes stacking physical silver fairly profitable when part of a long term(many year) financial strategy.

Suckers will still be paying too much for silver though as they do for gold as well.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:03 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,263 times
LOL! foxnews...That is garbage media, just like the liberal mainstream media is. Gold is being manipulated.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
LOL! foxnews...That is garbage media, just like the liberal mainstream media is. Gold is being manipulated.
It isn't even the garbage media, though I agree with you. The OP is making a leap of logic based on advertisers.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:10 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
Those big investors need someone to sell the metals they kept a hold of for a last decade.

Why not use their bought mouthpieces to promote it to the fearful and gullible audience at Fox News?

Without the fear metals have been dropping. Companies are getting greedy watching the market rise and metals drop. They price stays higher then it would if consumer demand wasn't there from Fox's viewership. It's market making 101 in a way that's just shy of pump and dumping.

Markets move, and you can't stay in one place forever. Belief in the easily debunked fear, or people like Schiff saying for years that Gold is just about to go to $6,000 an ounce, will just make sure their listeners will be even more poor and ineffective. Fox News can just go along blaming the liberal conspiracies they love as their viewers continue to lap up their BS.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Those big investors need someone to sell the metals they kept a hold of for a last decade.

Why not use their bought mouthpieces to promote it to the fearful and gullible audience at Fox News?

Without the fear metals have been dropping. Companies are getting greedy watching the market rise and metals drop. They price stays higher then it would if consumer demand wasn't there from Fox's viewership. It's market making 101 in a way that's just shy of pump and dumping.

Markets move, and you can't stay in one place forever. Belief in the easily debunked fear, or people like Schiff saying for years that Gold is just about to go to $6,000 an ounce, will just make sure their listeners will be even more poor and ineffective. Fox News can just go along blaming the liberal conspiracies they love as their viewers continue to lap up their BS.

Hung up on Fox are we?

AGAIN!!!

BTW... the likes of Goldline and Rosland Capital also advertise on CNBC, Bloomberg, and CNN Business. So, I suppose Liberals have also traded gold for silver.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,123,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Silver! I turned on Fox News, and what do I see? A company who pushed for gold a few years ago is now hawking silver at the gullible masses. Yep, that's right. Silver is the new gold now, now that gold shows an overall decline from the high in 2011. Gold has lost $500 of it's value per ounce since then, and the trend shows decline. No wonder silver is now the hot new commodity being pushed onto the gullible masses.
was this a commercial? or part of a program?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I will continue to buy gold since the dollar is backed up by promises from a serial liar.
Oof

You should follow the big money. When the likes of Soros and Buffet buy or sell a thing (equities, metals, bonds) you should follow.

Soros bailed on Gold and it has dropped 25% since.

Buffet went in big on B of A and it has nearly tripled.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
was this a commercial? or part of a program?
This thread is based entirely on a commercial

Like I said, a leap of logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies