U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM

13,040 posts, read 15,379,198 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Sup...76961059165311

Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 PM

13,040 posts, read 15,379,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would I want to support anyone that killed another person? Whether it be a cop, a citizen, what have you. Whether it was in self defense or not. It's not something to celebrate. It's not like he needs anyone's help. That's just....odd.
No need for you to comment. You don't have a problem with people supporting the criminal. Isn't it fair that people support the officer who was doing his job and is having his character assassinated for doing his job?

No one is celebrating anything. They are simply supporting an officer who was assaulted in the line of duty by someone who went after his gun. He ended up having to use deadly force to stop that person. I for one am sick of people painting Michael Brown as a saint and crucifying the officer for DOING HIS JOB.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 PM

3,445 posts, read 5,057,741 times
He's a white officer.

That page must now be considered de facto racism.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,593,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Good post. Thank you. From what I understand of the facts thus far, I believe that the officer is being unjustly persecuted. However, this just happened and before I take a strong stand, I'll wait for all the facts to come to light. There's a lot of bias and Monday morning quarterbacking going on. This just happened.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:20 PM

795 posts, read 1,037,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Good post. Thank you. From what I understand of the facts thus far, I believe that the officer is being unjustly persecuted. However, this just happened and before I take a strong stand, I'll wait for all the facts to come to light. There's a lot of bias and Monday morning quarterbacking going on. This just happened.
I agree with you....

BUT... the side we often miss on things is politics and simple ignorance... on both sides.

Some people will blame cops for everything... some will blame the victim. It is like some will vote 100% republican and some 100% Dem... no matter what is coming out the candidates mouth.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:31 PM

35,109 posts, read 40,193,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No need for you to comment. You don't have a problem with people supporting the criminal. Isn't it fair that people support the officer who was doing his job and is having his character assassinated for doing his job?

No one is celebrating anything. They are simply supporting an officer who was assaulted in the line of duty by someone who went after his gun. He ended up having to use deadly force to stop that person. I for one am sick of people painting Michael Brown as a saint and crucifying the officer for DOING HIS JOB.

I have no problem with an officer doing his job and I have no problem with an officer using force to do his job however, I wonder if it was really necessary to shoot the guy 6 times.
That is what is very concerning regarding this incident.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:36 PM

13,612 posts, read 10,292,796 times
I don't think we have enough facts to make that call yet.

If ballistics / forensics finds that the kid was probably on his knees (or going down on his knees) with his hands up, after giving up fleeing, then the officer made a huge mistake.

If he was charging the cop, then Michael Brown made a huge mistake.

Either way, there are no winners here. This is a bad situation and it just keeps getting worse.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:50 PM

12,522 posts, read 7,515,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I wonder if it was really necessary to shoot the guy 6 times.
There were 6 gunshot wounds, but only 3 bullets.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:01 PM

3,241 posts, read 4,570,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have no problem with an officer doing his job and I have no problem with an officer using force to do his job however, I wonder if it was really necessary to shoot the guy 6 times.
See, the issue is that you don't shoot someone once and then wait and see if his assault has stopped. You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat and if that means that the only thing stopping the assault is the death of the offender, then that is a choice the offender made.

Real life isn't like the movies, a stationary shooter hitting a stationary target is difficult enough. Either or both moving makes the shot very difficult even with the training that cops have. Do cops have training? Yes but also keep in mind that shooting isn't the only aspect of their job.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:11 PM

7,752 posts, read 14,408,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
See, the issue is that you don't shoot someone once and then wait and see if his assault has stopped. You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat and if that means that the only thing stopping the assault is the death of the offender, then that is a choice the offender made.

Real life isn't like the movies, a stationary shooter hitting a stationary target is difficult enough. Either or both moving makes the shot very difficult even with the training that cops have. Do cops have training? Yes but also keep in mind that shooting isn't the only aspect of their job.
That's the problem...everybody is an expert because they saw a lot of movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or