Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As much as I would just like to ignore ISIS, they are not going to be ignored. The only choice we will eventually have is to deal with them. We can do it there, or we can do it here. They need to be crushed and done so in such a way as to send a clear message to any who would follow their lead. We don't have to have boots on the ground, but we need to bomb them back to the stone age. (Not that they are far removed from that now). Let the locals mop up the mess.
How exactly does one bomb ISIS and other terrorist groups without taking out the locals ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 06:41 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,077,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
What will you do when they come to YOUR door?
I'm gonna call you to come and protect me.

Hold on...I think they're at the door right now.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,586,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
please! how long did it take you to find that? patheos.com? what?
About 2 seconds. Feel free to click on the hyperlinks in the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
meanwhile, when Israel launches an attack on hamas who fires thousands missiles randomly into Israel, the entire Islamic world erupts in outrage and VIOLENCE! HYPOCRISY at its FINEST!
What does this have to do with the discussion on this thread? Here is what the poster said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No condemnation from the religion of peace? No public comment. Radio silence.

Complicity.
The link proves that her assertion is incorrect. Sorry if that bothers you. Perhaps if people stop with the broad-brush rhetoric, we could avoid such nonsense.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How exactly does one bomb ISIS and other terrorist groups without taking out the locals ?
There has never been a war where there were no civilian casualties. It is the nature of the beast. Nobody said it would be pretty. Nobody said that innocents wouldn't lose their lives. It is a necessary evil.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:45 PM

25,786 posts, read 16,422,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I don't remember ever agreeing with you until this case, where you are spot on with the simple truth we've known and ignored for more than 20 years.

Everyone is aghast, of course, and that illustrates exactly why we just mire ourselves deeper in this mess with every passing day.
And for me that is the ONLY other option other than total war. No more police actions, I'm sure that is what DD is referring to.

So either we go in to win and maybe we keep a part of the continent permanently as a base or we completely stay out of there.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm gonna call you to come and protect me.

Hold on...I think they're at the door right now.
Then you're gonna die..

Old 08-19-2014, 06:46 PM

64 posts, read 61,294 times
ISIS is not Islam. Heck ISIS is killing Muslims!

9,961 posts, read 17,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Assad is still around. Throw our support to him.
Then you're basically supporting Hezbollah...

8,299 posts, read 8,586,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Only if hypocrisy could kill ...

1800 people are killed in Hamas-Israel war and we have worldwide demonstration on the streets.
5500 people are killed by ISIS, in the name of Islam, and we have a few statements issued in the west. (As if you expected them to live here and say something different)

Can you find one single protest on the streets organized by Muslims, anywhere in this world, against the butchery of ISIS?
Moving the goal post now? Why not do a simple google search? Takes 2 seconds:

Hundreds of Muslims Join Pro-Christian, Anti-ISIS Rally in Baghdad

Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 PM

17,350 posts, read 9,180,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Assad is still around. Throw our support to him.
Isn't it interesting that ISIS kills the Sunnis that are against Assad - ISIS doesn't march on Damascus, they go after the people that are against Assad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies