Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 02:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't consider handicapped parking and braille a detriment to society or a condemnation.
But you consider fixing a "handicap" a detriment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't consider handicapped parking and braille a detriment to society or a condemnation.
Exactly. There is no legitimate correlation. The LGBT phalanxes want to equate opposition to their deviant behavior to bigotry against race, religion, handicapped, etc. It won't work.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Exactly. There is no legitimate correlation. The LGBT phalanxes want to equate opposition to their deviant behavior to bigotry against race, religion, handicapped, etc. It won't work.
Is being born without the ability to see normal or deviant behaviour?

I'll cut to the chase its neither. Why is it so difficult to understand that in a few the connections never get made that allows one to see can also misfire and not allow one to have the "normal" feelings generally associated with what is between your legs?

Sometimes a baby is born with some sort of visible deformity. We can now surgically fix some of these so the person can live a more normal life. Should they just "live with it"? Just suck it up, accept it and be glad we allow them to park closer to the store?

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that other maybe not so visible connections are not made also and if we can fix them, or at least make them better, why not?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is being born without the ability to see normal or deviant behaviour?

I'll cut to the chase its neither. Why is it so difficult to understand that in a few the connections never get made that allows one to see can also misfire and not allow one to have the "normal" feelings generally associated with what is between your legs?

Sometimes a baby is born with some sort of visible deformity. We can now surgically fix some of these so the person can live a more normal life. Should they just "live with it"? Just suck it up, accept it and be glad we allow them to park closer to the store?

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that other maybe not so visible connections are not made also and if we can fix them, or at least make them better, why not?
There is no relationship between being born seeing impaired and LGBT issues. Jesus healed the blind. To the adulterous woman He said "Go and sin no more".

Old 08-21-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
There is no relationship between being born seeing impaired and LGBT issues. Jesus healed the blind. To the adulterous woman He said "Go and sin no more".
You really didn't address my points. No that is being too kind. You are unable to.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You really didn't address my points. No that is being too kind. You are unable to.
No ammount of intellectual gymnastics is going to make sin anything but sin. The LGBT clan squirm like a worm on a hot rock trying to justify their sin, but it is still sin.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
No ammount of intellectual gymnastics is going to make sin anything but sin.
Nor will it ever be your call.

Quote:
The LGBT clan squirm like a worm on a hot rock trying to justify their sin, but it is still sin.
For those without sin cast the first stone. To be born with an abnormality is never a sin even if a more ignorant people in the past sometimes used it as a reason for it.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:01 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Anyone that thinks they were born the wrong gender is delusional. How society wants to view this delusion is no concern of mine.
But it is of concern when the guy in the next office shows up in a dress and damands that everyone address him as "Brenda" in company meetings. And it is of concern when your child's teacher, Mr. Jones, suddenly decides he's a woman and children are told this is all perfectly normal and nothing to be confused about. Or a boy joins the girls' swim team when decides he's more comfortable as a girl and will be joining the team in the locker room. ( I don't want a freak like this anywhere around my child, let alone in any position of authority or that of setting an example for my child.)

Bring back lobotomies if needed.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:44 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes, it happens. A person can be born with external male genitalia as well as a uterus and ovaries.

This kind of physical ambiguity is pretty rare though.

There is an instructive case of a very young boy whose circumcision was botched so that he lost his penis. The decision was made to reconstruct him as a girl, give him female hormones, and raise him as a girl. His parents took him to a famous psychiatrist, John Money, for regular counseling during his childhood. Money was of the opinion - as was common in the 60s and 70s - that sexual identification was due more to socialization than to intrinsic factors. Turned out he was wrong.

The boy grew up, stopped the hormone shots, changed himself back into a man, and married a woman. He wrote a book about this, it's a famous case, which was instrumental in the changing of medical opinion so that now most doctors think we are born "that way", and no amount of treatment can change a person's sexual self-identification.
Yes, one of the great gifts brought to us by feminism gone to extreme. They value their ideology more than science so much that they will actively attempt to stop medical research from conflicting with it. Reminds one of religious fanatics. They are still doing it in one of the Scandinavian countries I saw a documentary about. Sweden I believe. They have schools that force the children to conform to gender neutrality. However, some scientists conducted research on infants to show inborn differences that could not possibly be due to socialization. What they found is that children of different sexes have different reactions to stimuli even before they have any understanding of language. They found measurable differences in the way babies reacted to colors and objects and such between baby boys and baby girls. Human brain chemistry between the sexes is different perhaps not right from birth itself, but certainly develops extremely early on.

Their research had nothing to do with transgenderism in particular, but it does go to show that there are real physical differences within the brain between men and women and not just in the body. It is therefore conceivable that since we know people can be born with both male and female physical characteristics that a person could be born with the brain of one sex and a body of the other.

I absolutely believe that being transgender is a real phenomenon and that some people deserve sex reassignment surgery just as you would surgically correct any other birth defect. I do however believe that approval for such surgery should be contingent upon medical scans of the brain activity of the individual rather than psychological counseling sessions to be sure the patient is legitimately transgendered and not just suffering from delusion, depression, or some other mental problem that could be treated with therapy.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, one of the great gifts brought to us by feminism gone to extreme. They value their ideology more than science so much that they will actively attempt to stop medical research from conflicting with it. Reminds one of religious fanatics. They are still doing it in one of the Scandinavian countries I saw a documentary about. Sweden I believe. They have schools that force the children to conform to gender neutrality.
I don't think that this idea started with feminism. It's more a consequence of behaviorism, which predates the rise of 70s feminism by several decades. Walden Two, a novel about a behaviorist commune, written by B. F. Skinner in 1948, was very popular in the 70s, among a much broader audience than feminists.

Are the Swedish schools you mention public or private? Unfortunately, at least in the US, there are private schools that enforce kids to conform to discredited ideas, in fact, often private schools are established for this very purpose.

Quote:
However, some scientists conducted research on infants to show inborn differences that could not possibly be due to socialization. What they found is that children of different sexes have different reactions to stimuli even before they have any understanding of language. They found measurable differences in the way babies reacted to colors and objects and such between baby boys and baby girls. Human brain chemistry between the sexes is different perhaps not right from birth itself, but certainly develops extremely early on.

Their research had nothing to do with transgenderism in particular, but it does go to show that there are real physical differences within the brain between men and women and not just in the body. It is therefore conceivable that since we know people can be born with both male and female physical characteristics that a person could be born with the brain of one sex and a body of the other.
Or a mix of feelings and physiognomy that defies simplistic either/or categorization.

Why people choose Iron Age ideas about humanity over a modern understanding of genetics and developmental biology is beyond me, but obviously quite a few people do. For instance, modern cancer treatment results from advances in our understanding of genetics, not from Iron Age ideas about god's punishments.

Quote:
I absolutely believe that being transgender is a real phenomenon and that some people deserve sex reassignment surgery just as you would surgically correct any other birth defect. I do however believe that approval for such surgery should be contingent upon medical scans of the brain activity of the individual rather than psychological counseling sessions to be sure the patient is legitimately transgendered and not just suffering from delusion, depression, or some other mental problem that could be treated with therapy.
The standard protocols for treating transgenderism requires a years-long transition before surgery. I don't know what part brain scans play in this process, but I don't think scans should be the deciding factor. There are people getting plastic surgery to make themselves look more like animals, and AFAIK, they are not required to undergo any rigorous pre-surgical regimens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies