Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe you should prove polygamists wrong and choose to be a polygamist for a year.
That's simple. Polygamy is a choice. Now be a gay for a year. Make out with men, perform oral sex on men, and have anal sex with men. Being Gay is a choice..... shouldn't be hard for you to CHOOSE to do those things. Get back to me on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You obviously don't understand Christianity. Probably not Muslims either.
I understand it just fine. God was used as a justification for slavery and a number of atrocities, just like Allah.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I have, it is pretty unclear. All I know is that you want the ability to discriminate anyone without governmental interference.
As I said and you said you read, yes I do not think it is the role of the government to tell people who they must associate with. Why did I need to repeat it?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:00 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, thats not true.

Even if there is one black family in a city of 5,000. Even if the grocery store gets 95% of the population shopping there, they are still missing out on money if they block this family from entering.

Now, they may not care about the money lost. Much like Hobby Lobby/Chickfila do on gay marriage, so they don't get many gay shoppers. But they don't care. But that doesn't change the fact it directly impacts their profits.
I disagree. Do you have stats to back up your opinion?

In an area that is 95% against the gay life style, business could INCREASE if the business owner came out against he gay lifestyle.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padajo View Post
If you want gays to respect Christians, maybe they should stop telling us gays we are going against "the natural order" and are "going to burn in hell". Those are not respectful things to say about people.
And gays are NOT respectful of those that disagree with THEIR lifestyle.

It takes 2 to tango.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The cause of what makes one right-handed or left-handed has never been proven either, but only a fool would believe it is a choice.
I get it. ANYONE who disagrees with YOU is a fool!

Old 08-22-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
When it comes to business the government has every right to make the rules, and for good reason. If this freedom you speak of was allowed then America would never had evolved into what's it is today - free from slavery and widespread prejudice especially in the south. Dumb sheep would still be following the crowd of haters. Racial prejudice as well as homosexual haters would prevail. Think about it. Remember how the store owners treated the Jews... and Blacks? It's not acceptable for that kind of stuff to be going on in a world that's trying to progress. When one business is allowed to so something like that then next what you have is an epidemic of hatred.
"When it comes to business the government has every right to make the rules,' Show me that in the Constitution.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I answered your question, you just don't like it. I don't see how businesses are associating with anyone, and the courts agree. It's people like you who believe in the right to discriminate against anyone who keep making the issue worse, we tried that with Jim Crow and nobody would call that a success except for white supremacist.
"It's people like you who believe in the right to discriminate against anyone'

Explain, if you will the difference between " freedom of assembly". "freedom of choice" and "discriminate"

Old 08-22-2014, 04:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And gays are NOT respectful of those that disagree with THEIR lifestyle.

It takes 2 to tango.
I would venture to guess that most care less if you agree or disagree.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I believe that a business owner should be able to discriminate against anyone, for any reason, and refuse them service.

That said, turning people away for their sexual orientation, skin color, whatever is just stupid, and only serves to hurt your bottom line.

I find, many times, when these stories surface the owners have hired publicists. Wonder if this farm has.
If customers arrive on publicly funded roads and the business enjoys the protection of publicly funded police/fire departments why should they be allowed to arbitrarily refuse service to members of that public?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I said and you said you read, yes I do not think it is the role of the government to tell people who they must associate with. Why did I need to repeat it?
Because association and a business transaction aren't the same thing. No one is telling you, you can't associate with your KKK buddies. They are telling you, as a business owner you can't refuse service based on discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies