Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 06:51 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Looking at Public info, what's the reason to not indict. There's no Publicly released info to support the Wilson side. Did Brown attack Wilson in the car; did Brown charge Wilson on the street; is Wilson severely beaten. Not a single document or witness Known to support those. six bullets, one in the forehead, one in the skull, who knows how many fired shots that missed. Video showing Wilson walking around after the shooting.

In support of Wilson, there is ... ?

Whether I'd vote to indict after hearing the DA's case, who knows. That depends on what he has and how fair he is in presenting the case.
Well on this thread I was told that no evidence can be released by the DA. He could be sitting on a video of the entire shooting in HD and we would not know it. In addition, every witness coorborated that there was a struggle between MB and the officer. Hospital records, officers testimony (he is a sworn officer) and the forensics will make this case...we will not know. The DA and the GJ will evaluate it and either move forward or not with a prosecution. Either way, patience apparently is a virtue. Hopefully Holder and the rat and pony show will move off to some other thing.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:10 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
It doesn't matter what the racial demographics of the jury are, the police officer was justified in killing Michael Brown.
this is the standard conservative white males viewpoint.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:14 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Looking at Public info, what's the reason to not indict. There's no Publicly released info to support the Wilson side. Did Brown attack Wilson in the car; did Brown charge Wilson on the street; is Wilson severely beaten. Not a single document or witness Known to support those.
Not true. Dorain Johnson and other witnesses said Brown punched Wilson while Wilson was in the squad. One very credible black girl, appearing on CNN, saw part of it from her apartment. Said, Wilson was attempting to get Michael Brown into the car, said "that wasn't working too good because Brown was too big." Then Brown walked off, Wilson went after him on foot, she went to get her phone, to tape the event. When she returned to the window, Brown was dead. So, she videotaped Wilson pacing next to the body talking to another cop.

Another, not so credible older woman, was interviewed who said Wilson never left the car, and shot at Brown from the car - which conflicts with every other eye witness, all of whom say Wilson left the car to pursue Brown. So, even eye witnesses don't see the same things.

But enough of them - at least four that I've heard so far - are consistent about (1) altercation at the squad car, (2) Wilson pursued Brown on foot, (3) none can say they saw Brown with his hands up. Dorain Johnson originally said that and now has recanted.

In the end, the entire event probably took less than two minutes, with most of it occurring at the squad. The chase and shooting - probably less than 30 seconds, I'll bet.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-22-2014 at 07:48 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is the standard conservative white males viewpoint.
I'm proud to be a non-standard conservative white male who speaks the truth on this matter.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 PM

317 posts, read 328,716 times
Are there any blacks on here that think the officer might of been justified in killing Brown?

I wonder what percent of blacks believe he was justified 1%, 5%?

Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Are there any blacks on here that think the officer might of been justified in killing Brown?
southbel is black and she does not come down on the side of the Brown supporters.

Quote:
Think OJ.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:54 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,647,276 times
I dont understand why there is only one cop per car.in rough neighborhoods there should always be two cops per car, this way the main cop already has a backup right there to help.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:02 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:

I know of one well known black CD member who expressed her view on the matter and she clearly stated that she is not supporting Michael Brown. When she came on and said what she said it surprised all of us who knows who she is.
Im not saying she is in support of the police officer either, but at least she is not blindly supporting someone only because he happens to be black and was shot by a white cop.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:05 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I dont understand why there is only one cop per car.in rough neighborhoods there should always be two cops per car, this way the main cop already has a backup right there to help.
Probably finances. I doubt the people in those neighborhoods want to pay the taxes to have 2 in each patrol car. Hell, I don't either-it shouldn't take 2 cops to write a traffic ticket.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i am hearing outrageous stories from both sides. i just want some truth that's all.
sounds like there was some really bad behavior criminal behavior going on in ferguson. it sounds like the police were baited into overreaction???. it happens. . but you know i was not there and i have no right to say or judge. lets get the truth forth before any more damage is done.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-22-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies