Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 09:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

This is definitely something that still needs to be protested. I will personally be letting everyone know that this issue is not being taken seriously and that some simply do not care about the issue.

A system will be put in place to deal with officers who continue to break the law and terrorize citizens. Not condemning Wilson before a fair trial. But if there is no trial, this is an issue that continues to be protested.

There is no evidence so far that would justify the type of force used.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:07 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
My father was a CJ major, also a business owner as well as myself. We're both very laid back mild mannered men. My father was actually the first black chamber president.

We've both been victims.

It doesn't matter how you dress, what you drive, you can still be a victim to profiling/harassment. As well as every other black man I know.
This is not a case of police harassment. This is a case of a black guy acting like a thug, daring someone to confront him, and menacing police officers. The kid had it comin'.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
This is not a case of police harassment. This is a case of a black guy acting like a thug, daring someone to confront him, and menacing police officers. The kid had it comin'.
Your basing this off of what??

And regardless, even if true, there's still due process. It's not an open invitation to kill someone. They are supposed to be professionals.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
This is definitely something that still needs to be protested. I will personally be letting everyone know that this issue is not being taken seriously and that some simply do not care about the issue.

A system will be put in place to deal with officers who continue to break the law and terrorize citizens. Not condemning Wilson before a fair trial. But if there is no trial, this is an issue that continues to be protested.

There is no evidence so far that would justify the type of force used.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

(And psssst ... the bulk of the evidence hasn't been made public.)

Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 PM

People haven't even reasoned out who grabbed who first but have already come to the conclusion of how the confrontation went down.

We see how justice is served in this country. Officer's words are golden.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Thank you No Recess.
Thanks?

For what?

Admitting you get profiled?

Poor baby.

And a girl I went to school with got pulled over all the time. Girl had a lead foot from hell. Never got a speeding ticket. Probably had something to do with her massive boobs and pretty smile.

STOP BEING A VICTIM.

We all have our crosses to bear. Learn what works for you. Get yourself some knockers, lighten your skin, or man up and learn how to deal with unfair crap in life.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:

We see how justice is served in this country. Officer's words are golden.
Who's "we"?

Who are you speaking for?

Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 PM

People think the protest were a game. They say the protesters were just opportunist. Didn't really care about the situation.

The way I see it, you all are the ones typing on your computers while they were the ones out getting gassed and dodging rubber and wooden bullets.

If you think that the solution is agitating a people already on the edge, you've got a lot of living.

Predicted before. This time I'm not even advocating for anything. What happens happens.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:13 PM

People say nothings being done in the hood, meanwhile they live in their safe suburb observing from their laptop.

People say people aren't fighting for peace, meanwhile in Chicago peace march leaders are getting executed after marches before they can even reach their house.

The general American public is clueless.

If you don't want respectable black leaders to address the issue, maybe we should change course and let you deal with the people we're actually protecting you from.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:

If you don't want respectable black leaders to address the issue, maybe we should change course and let you deal with the people we're actually protecting you from.

What in the world are you talking about?

And I'll ask again ... who is "we"?

Actually ... who is "you"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies