Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: MAINSTREAM MEDIA
LIKE MAINSTREAM AND IT'S INTEGERTY 0 0%
LEAN MORE TO INDEPENDENT MEDIA 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times

Advertisements

Lots of room here to answer how should Journalist's and Media be treated in America and around the world.
Is one person with a camera acting as an independent Journalist's entitled to the same protection or does that person have to be employed by a mainstream media source ?

Many are killed around the world. One recently was beheaded. Eleven were arrested here in St Louis. Several years back in the Philippines many were executed over politics. The list is endless. What can be done to impact better survival rates ?

Are they to be controlled or confined to designated areas for their safety ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Lots of room here to answer how should Journalist's and Media be treated in America and around the world.
Is one person with a camera acting as an independent Journalist's entitled to the same protection or does that person have to be employed by a mainstream media source ?

Many are killed around the world. One recently was beheaded. Eleven were arrested here in St Louis. Several years back in the Philippines many were executed over politics. The list is endless. What can be done to impact better survival rates ?

Are they to be controlled or confined to designated areas for their safety ?
OK I'll start it off. What about camera mounted robotics. That just popped in to my mind. I wonder if that is something worth while. I don't know much about robots but they are used more all the time.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Like any human should be; plain and simple. But that is not reality.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Well here in the US it looks like we are putting them into designated areas away from any action and then they are fed their info by the government.

Yeah...I'll stick with the independents thank you for my news.
At least other countries aren't doing that yet.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,376 times
Like the lying propagandists they are. Until they report both sides of the story (have they ever) and not ideologically spin the "news" to their own views. This fetishization of the 1st Amendmant by the Journaless is even more obnoxious than the 2A weirdo's. And, I'm a gun owner.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Like any human should be; plain and simple. But that is not reality.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be reality. They have a high mortality rate. Some people like them and others hate them. I remember when they were some of the most respected people around like Walter Cronkite.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Like the lying propagandists they are. Until they report both sides of the story (have they ever) and not ideologically spin the "news" to their own views. This fetishization of the 1st Amendmant by the Journaless is even more obnoxious than the 2A weirdo's. And, I'm a gun owner.
You know, I have seen a number of those and it makes me cringe, because they often don't really know what they are doing and get arrested. Some do get it right but it's a small number.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be reality. They have a high mortality rate. Some people like them and others hate them. I remember when they were some of the most respected people around like Walter Cronkite.
They sold their souls that's what happened.

The independents are the Walter Cronkites of the world.
You have Al Jazeera, the Guardian, sometimes the BBC.

Tim Pool (Vice) was all over the place as was Al Jazeera and the BBC and Argus.
Pool kept retelling the story every so often for viewers just tuning in.
Never once injected any opinion or bias.
And when he caught a Black protester saying to the crowd "Massa said to keep moving y'all" there was no comment as well.
Forming opinions were left to the viewers.

Even the Infowars guy left the designated area and was in the midst of the protesters.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
We need a free media in this country. Even the independent guys deserve the same freedom of speech protections in our country.

Around the world? Not for me to say.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They sold their souls that's what happened.

The independents are the Walter Cronkites of the world.
You have Al Jazeera, the Guardian, sometimes the BBC.

Tim Pool (Vice) was all over the place as was Al Jazeera and the BBC and Argus.
Pool kept retelling the story every so often for viewers just tuning in.
Never once injected any opinion or bias.
And when he caught a Black protester saying to the crowd "Massa said to keep moving y'all" there was no comment as well.
Forming opinions were left to the viewers.

Even the Infowars guy left the designated area and was in the midst of the protesters.
I share your opinion on that. Seen Tim Pool for the first time the other night and was impressed for those same reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies