Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 07:34 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
The example you quoted is EXACTLY how they start out. Most people think it's a harmless change to make, no big deal. But if you give to them, they step it up and expect/demand more and more. And before you know, your rights have been taken away in favor of theirs. This is what they did in Europe.

Here is a small list of what they've demanded and gotten in England:

A conservative perspective: Can British culture survive its accommodation with Islam?
Yep - but think about it, to infiltrate a country, act friendly at first, then make the host country feel like you are no threat, make the host country think that you're just a freindly muslim, then when you feel comfortable enough, slowly insist on your "rights",, then make the host country feel guilty and make them feel racist by saying oh you cant offend them. Then it goes on more and more.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:08 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
They could already be represented here and plotting, that's the problem.
Too funny!. Just open your checkbook. I would prefer to leave mind closed if you don't mind. The fear mongering propaganda by the media/government is over the top. We already live in a Industrial Military Complex. How far two you want to go? I think we are way too far gone already.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:32 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Too little, too late. Plus, he's on the dang golf course most of the time, instead of the situation room.

Worst. President. Ever.
Wow, you fall for a lot of propaganda. bush took WAY more vacation time to say the least. Not to mention destroying our country with his horrible decision making. The world was on our side after 9/11, but he turned it into a war for oil Iraq war. The world is smart enough to see that even if Americans aren't, so we lost our possible world uniting, or at least a majority of it. Obama has done very little as a president. He has about no support from anyone, so it is gridlock. Sometimes that is a good thing. You can keep you bush/cheny idiots. Obama needs a vacation. He looks like crap. Not a big fan of him, but he is certainly a huge step up from the con-artists that were before him.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:59 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
First of all, ISIS is waaaay over there, calm down.
This is such a laughable remark. Hundreds of ISIS members have valid U.S. or European passports. It only takes one of them to be in your city and release sarin gas. (Sarin gas as released in Syria and Tokyo, etc.)

They probably are already here with their WMD.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
The example you quoted is EXACTLY how they start out. Most people think it's a harmless change to make, no big deal. But if you give to them, they step it up and expect/demand more and more. And before you know, your rights have been taken away in favor of theirs. This is what they did in Europe.

Here is a small list of what they've demanded and gotten in England:

A conservative perspective: Can British culture survive its accommodation with Islam?
I read your link - Sharia law has been established there. THAT is scary. Now, that is now so far an inconvenience, as to what they are disallowing - mixed swimming, halal meat, but it DOES make it unsafe when they described the aspects about surgery. I will NEVER allow myself to go into surgery if i know ANY of the surgical staff is muslim. I will take my business elsewhere if that ever happened. They are doing unsafe practices with the restrictions on scrubbing.

I feel like i'm in the Twilight Zone that it actually happened. I wont be going to Britain on vacation either. but i think it is creeping into other parts of Europe like in France where they had problems.

Its an issue though in America where women did not want to remove their mask to take a photo i.d. for driving.

I hope the world sees Britain as a test to see what can happen.

Amazing, they are the only religion which makes demands like that. even strong Christianity does not do that. if a christian wanted to feel modest swimming, they'd wear a modest swimsuit, but this takes a public pool, and tells people they cant even swim with them, not even a little boy with a muslim swimming group. That is just RUDE. and they do that without even feeling they are rude.

Remember this - there is a rule in Islam called taquiya. it is when they are told by the Quran that is is totally fine to lie if it benefits them. Dont let them fool you!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Wow, you fall for a lot of propaganda. bush took WAY more vacation time to say the least. Not to mention destroying our country with his horrible decision making. The world was on our side after 9/11, but he turned it into a war for oil Iraq war. The world is smart enough to see that even if Americans aren't, so we lost our possible world uniting, or at least a majority of it. Obama has done very little as a president. He has about no support from anyone, so it is gridlock. Sometimes that is a good thing. You can keep you bush/cheny idiots. Obama needs a vacation. He looks like crap. Not a big fan of him, but he is certainly a huge step up from the con-artists that were before him.
I dont give a flying fig about Bush. That is the past. We are in the present with this POS obama. and his POS wife making rules about children's lunches. You are now in danger with this POS obama, so stop living in the past.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:29 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I dont give a flying fig about Bush. That is the past. We are in the present with this POS obama. and his POS wife making rules about children's lunches. You are now in danger with this POS obama, so stop living in the past.
Danger? What danger are we talking about? He isn't going to take your guns, which I always laugh at. Thanks NRA for looking like a bunch of dopes. So, you are worried about kid's lunches? Times are different. Kids are sitting in front of screens of some type most of the time. When I was a kid there was no screen to look at, there was TV, but we didn't even have cable. Now kids don't even go to a concert and dance, they go and look at the concert on their phone, instead of actually enjoying it. Strange. My point is, kids can't eat like they used to because they sit around all the time, unless they have parents that are actively trying to get them into organized sports all year long. I am so tired of the fear trail. I see nothing to be afraid of with Obama. I am not a fan of the healthcare mess, because I lived my life without healthcare for decades. I am a healthy person and didn't feel I needed it. I was correct. I now have healthcare, but feel it is a waste of money. I am from good stock and would rather have the choice myself to have or have no healthcare. My work provides it at a good rate, so I can't complain at this time. If I go self employment at some point, I will complain, but maybe it isn't too expensive? Don't know that much about it. Other than that, I see nothing Obama does that makes me nervous except he spends too much on military. That should be cut in half and we need more fiscal responsibility, less world policing.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
This is such a laughable remark. Hundreds of ISIS members have valid U.S. or European passports. It only takes one of them to be in your city and release sarin gas. (Sarin gas as released in Syria and Tokyo, etc.)

They probably are already here with their WMD.
Oh. Well then I guess I'll go huddle in the corner & cry in hysteria.

How do some people on here even get thru life with all the panic, fear & hatred that consumes you every day?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh. Well then I guess I'll go huddle in the corner & cry in hysteria.

How do some people on here even get thru life with all the panic, fear & hatred that consumes you every day?
I know, it is too funny, but at the same time sad. What about all the violence in America already? Goodness, most cities have big war zones going on at all times. I am not worried at all about ISIS. The world in general doesn't like extremism and there are plenty of foes that ISIS will have. They are already doomed, but don't know it yet.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I know, it is too funny, but at the same time sad. What about all the violence in America already? Goodness, most cities have big war zones going on at all times. I am not worried at all about ISIS. The world in general doesn't like extremism and there are plenty of foes that ISIS will have. They are already doomed, but don't know it yet.
An attack by terrorists is basically at the bottom of my list of what I need to panic over. I'm more worried about some idiot driver talking on their cell phone or texting who can't be bothered to yield for the pedestrians in the crosswalk. Believe me, I deal with idiot drivers every day, it's exhausting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies