Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:16 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can't find the link now, but I read this morning that the US Command is shocked at how disciplined the ISIS withdrawl is in the face of the air strikes. No panic at all. These guys are not going away. They are motivated, well funded and well armed.

Like someone said on this forum, maybe it's time to make friends with Iran.
You're probably thinking of this link:

ISIS an 'Incredible' Fighting Force, US Special Ops Sources Say - ABC News

Everyone is talking like we should be terrified. a dozen nukes and its all over except for the fallout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 05:24 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Just be sure to wake up desertdetroiter when they get to Arizona.
LOL Desert won't be convinced until the black flag of Islam is raised on the White House and even then he'd think they're harmless.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL Desert won't be convinced until the black flag of Islam is raised on the White House and even then he'd think they're harmless.
You live life in fear. I don't.

That accounts for the difference in our attitudes. (shoulder shrug)

Old 09-07-2014, 08:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
If the snake is the US and one truly believe's that then leave and go to Syria or other amicable countries, I'm sure US citizens will be welcome with open arms.

Yes has the US done some things that many might not agree with, but we have done far more good in this world and continue to do so. Where does it end..we stop genocide, help other countries with food, medicine, protection...and we are the snake.

I love my country and always will, it's too bad politics and the main steam media are almost one and the same
especially with social media today..

Sept. 11 has already faded from many people's minds..it's sad. And many think water boarding is bad! What
about cutting off the heads of innocent children, woman and men. Reminds me of WW2 or have some forgotten about that 2. Over 6 million Jewish people slaughtered like lambs..And who saved that day! US!
I have to say the poster gives "food for thought" They all knew about Bin Laden yet he pulled off 9/11 or did he?? US trained Al Qaeda, US trained ISIS soldiers in Jordan........ ISIS Trained by US Government

Seems we may be drunk on cause and effect or create a crisis and run in like a hero. Except this time half the world is in flames.

I love my country also, but I refuse to sit and act like our government is not playing us for a bunch of fools.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
War is not won by dyeing for your country ( Gen. Patton ) it's making the other guy die for his.

I'm old but if you line them up I can still pull the trigger on 10 hour shifts.
I heard this the other day, actually for the first time......where did this spirit go. They just gave the countries involved in taking down ISIS.....guess what NOT ONE Arab country is involved.

Hmmmm, imagine that!

Get over here we will take you on our side...

Old 09-07-2014, 08:17 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Republicans have been spewing and foaming about that since Odumber got elected, why hasn't it happened yet? Or is like the burper nonsense, made up crap by a bunch of goofs, wait I have a better one "jack booted thugs" who are angry the the citizens elected a black president?

General Zod has a better chance of planting the flag of Krypton on the White House, than a terrorist has in hanging the black flag of Islam.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:30 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
When did you serve and how many tours did you do?

You live in the past. What the US WAS and what the US HAS BECOME, especially under the Bush and Obama administrations, is both sad and tragic.

How many have died under Bush and Obama because the US was "truly threatened"?
It's been going on for much longer than that. It didn't start at Bush, it started a long time ago.

Anyone who denies that the US had involvement in what is happening in the world today, is blind. As much as I mock extremist liberals, I will also mock extremist Conservatives who believe the crap they've been told. Wake up, for crying out loud. You're being fed a crap sandwich.

In September 2013:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...89d_story.html

Quote:
The latest effort to provide aid is aimed at supporting rebel fighters who are under the command of Gen. Salim Idriss, according to officials, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity because part of the initiative is covert. Idriss is the commander of the Supreme Military Council, a faction of the disjointed armed opposition.
Free Syrian Army, is what it was called.

December 2013:

http://world.time.com/2013/12/12/top...r-flees-syria/

Quote:
he top Western-backed rebel commander in Syria has fled the country amid growing infighting with Islamist rebels, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

Gen. Salim Idris of the Free Syrian Army fled into Turkey and flew to Doha, Qatar on Sunday after Islamist rebel groups took over his headquarters and warehouses of U.S.-provided military gear along the border between Turkey and Syria, the Wall Street Journal reports.
June 2014:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...e-Terror-Group

Quote:
Reports coming out of eastern Syria Monday revealed that several factions within the Syrian opposition force known as the Free Syrian Army (FSA) have pledged services to the Islamic State, the group formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS). Sources and eyewitnesses said that the FSA has handed over its weapons to the Islamic State in large numbers.
Remember the first link? Who sent all those weapons? Oh, that's right, the US.

After reading history about our...involvement...in the Middle East and Persia, starting from the 60s, I no longer believe these things are "accidents".

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 09-07-2014 at 09:48 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 11:15 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Obama said they're "JV" so we should be ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Really? I suspected he is lying again.

Just because he said he didn't say what he said when he said it?

Old 09-07-2014, 11:53 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's been going on for much longer than that. It didn't start at Bush, it started a long time ago.

Anyone who denies that the US had involvement in what is happening in the world today, is blind. As much as I mock extremist liberals, I will also mock extremist Conservatives who believe the crap they've been told. Wake up, for crying out loud. You're being fed a crap sandwich.

After reading history about our...involvement...in the Middle East and Persia, starting from the 60s, I no longer believe these things are "accidents".
Of course it has been going on for a long time and was contained before US involvement. We wouldn't be seeing the madness we see today were it not the for the US interference. As much as the US objects to government overthrow, the US has been the initiator of the overthrow of several governments by plan, design and support.

How can the US declare itself as a peaceful nation when it brings havoc, death and destruction to other countries??

Old 09-07-2014, 11:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You're probably thinking of this link:

ISIS an 'Incredible' Fighting Force, US Special Ops Sources Say - ABC News

Everyone is talking like we should be terrified. a dozen nukes and its all over except for the fallout.
They bleed & die like everyone else and I hope the air strikes make them do a lot more of it.
Arm the Kurds with heavier weapons and let them take care of the ISIS prisoners. The heads
might roll in the other direction then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies