Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 07:31 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Everything in the world has never been going well. But I'm smart enough not to blame it all on one particular president. The right wingers here can't say the same. They seem to believe that everything that is, was, or ever will be wrong in the world is the fault of the current occupant of the White House. Therefore, they are worthy of all the ridicule they receive as a result.
And the left wingers seem to believe he's blameless for everything that is or ever will be wrong in the world. Which makes them worthy of the ridicule they receive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 07:34 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you agree with Obama's wars and his lawlessness and his constant lies? I thought so. You would support Obama if he raped his grandmother.
After he throws her under the bus by calling her a "typical white person" i.e. a racist.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
According to this journalist, Obama's foreign policy is to "reduce America's footprint in the world" ie, stop interfering/ imposing.

So to turn it around, the US should increase the US footprint, interfere and impose which means increased defense/ military / foreign military aid spending, perhaps ala The Reagan Administration. Ramp up spending while tossing a bone to the people by reducing taxes, including creation of EITC. Never mind that these policies resulted in the trebling of the federal debt under Reagan's watch. Reagan's speech writers told us it was good for America and fed into people's need to believe the US is exceptional.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
i've noticed how every single left winger here has not discussed the story, but have gone on to attack right wingers, as if we're the ones to blame for noticing Obama has been ineffective.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:43 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
... I'm just not stupid and don't blame people for things for which they're not responsible.
... except for conservatives, Republicans or Bush. Oops!

Old 08-23-2014, 05:38 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
In the history books there should/will be an asterick next to o's second term..
I think there will far far more than one asterisk.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this journalist, Obama's foreign policy is to "reduce America's footprint in the world" ie, stop interfering/ imposing.

So to turn it around, the US should increase the US footprint, interfere and impose which means increased defense/ military / foreign military aid spending, perhaps ala The Reagan Administration. Ramp up spending while tossing a bone to the people by reducing taxes, including creation of EITC. Never mind that these policies resulted in the trebling of the federal debt under Reagan's watch. Reagan's speech writers told us it was good for America and fed into people's need to believe the US is exceptional.
Newsflash mom......you gotta take a STAND to make a footprint. The current occupant can't do that.

And your statement that Reagans' debt was bad, why is the current occupants' debt considered good?

The US is exceptional. Quite a lot of it's politicians however (like many citizens and non citizens)......not so much.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:53 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think the jackasses are the people that voted for him a second time and the journalists who refused to report on his background and point out his inexperience in any type of leadership position when he ran in 2008. I mean, seriously, even if you agree with everything he says, surely you knew he wasn't qualified for the job having never managed anything ever. That he has trouble executing actions and has no clue as to what looks bad is hardly a surprise for a rookie leader and yet you gave him the biggest leadership job there is and expected him to be great at it. If you wanted a black progressive in office, you (not the OP but "you guys" ) should have found a black Democrat with management/executive experience to run on the party ticket. Part of being an executive is not only making decisions but getting the right people for the jobs that need to be done and the emphasis is on "done." Just being a subject matter brainiac doesn't make you capable of execution. There's a reason why people have a background of leadership while others in academia and the media just write and speak about it. You need show runners to run a show. Don't make the mistake (Republicans and Democrats) again.
Translation: We (the right-wing) can't be wrong by definition. So, if we lose an election, it must be those dumb voters and journalists that refuse to print the "truth."

Old 08-23-2014, 05:59 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The right wing...

Still sore from two big electoral beat-downs.

You mean the one where Obama lost the HOUSE and the one coming in November when he loses the SENATE.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:14 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Wall Street Journal Columnist Bret Stephens “The Meltdown Of The Obama Presidency”

Nothing new here. Propaganda !!!

When you vote for the lesser of two evils it's still a vote for evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies