Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 06:17 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Then why is it that these so-called "peaceful Muslims" don't stand up and denounce the actions of those who discredit their "peaceful" religion?
This is why I always say we need a new definition of moderate Muslim.

It is a fair question that you asked and I hope the Muslims can answer this for you. I am not a Muslim, I don't know the answer.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
One question for you? Have you believed Islam was your enemy 50 years ago? Why the sudden change?
Fifty years ago I was not a Christian. Fifty years ago I had barely heard of Islam. Fifty years ago I was in art school being a happy-go-lucky naive young man only aware of my immediate surroundings, mostly interested in girls, sailing, playing folk music (I was a Joan Baez fan) and having fun. But, I was only a couple of months away from joining the Navy, (which was a life changing experience in itself).

Quote:
Radical Muslims are the problem, not the peace loving Muslims who have been living peacefully with you for hundreds of years.
Really? Living peacefully for hundreds of years? What about the Muslim hordes that ravaged Europe, conquering and slaughtering millions of innocent people?

Islam started out violently, waging war against Judaism and Christianity.

Peaceful with me? I didn't know any.

What makes you believe Muslims are "peace loving?" That is propaganda, and it is sophistry. Their Quran does not teach peace, but Jihad.

As for the argument that is only radical Islam that is the problem:

Video: Amazing Answer to 'Peaceful Muslims' Concern Gets Standing Ovation

"The majority are irrelevant."

Old 08-23-2014, 06:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
It was "all about oil?" How naive. I thought it was about terrorism, and the 9-11-2001 attack on our soil. And let's not forget the USS Cole, which Clinton never responded to.
Iraq had NOTHING to do with either 9/11 or the USS Cole.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Fifty years ago I was not a Christian. Fifty years ago I had barely heard of Islam. Fifty years ago I was in art school being a happy-go-lucky naive young man only aware of my immediate surroundings, mostly interested in girls, sailing, playing folk music (I was a Joan Baez fan) and having fun. But, I was only a couple of months away from joining the Navy, (which was a life changing experience in itself).
And now it seems you confirm Thomas Paine's assertion about Christianity: "it renders the heart torpid, or produces only atheists and fanatics"

Old 08-23-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:

Peaceful with me? I didn't know any.

What makes you believe Muslims are "peace loving?" That is propaganda, and it is sophistry. Their Quran does not teach peace, but Jihad.

As for the argument that is only radical Islam that is the problem:

Video: Amazing Answer to 'Peaceful Muslims' Concern Gets Standing Ovation

"The majority are irrelevant."
Oh please. You don't know anybody who are Muslims in your neighborhood?

I don't have any personal relationship with any Muslims. But we certainly have several Muslim families living in my neighborhood. I don't think they are the problem. I don't believe these peace loving folks should be constantly apologizing for the terrorists. It is not their fault.

Muslim leaders however, should regularly speak out against acts of terrorism. Leave the regular Muslim folks alone.

You seem to believe that even the Muslims living in your neighborhood are all ready to kill you, that is ridiculous.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
You need to go back, way back in the history books. This didn't start because someone insulted someones mothers cooking.
When oil was discovered in Arabia, it was the U.S. that had the technology to develop those oil fields. I was only five years old at the time, but perhaps I wasn't even born yet. I don't know when oil was first discovered there, but I do know that one of my sisters friends' father took the family and moved to Saudi Arabia because he was in that business. That was in the late 40's.

If not for the U.S. that oil would not have been developed, at least not then.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Iraq had NOTHING to do with either 9/11 or the USS Cole.
Oh, please. Spare me from this tired rhetoric and ridiculous straw man argument.

As part of an overall strategy in the "War on Terror," I think we had many good reasons to target Iraq, as Hussein supported terrorists, providing weapons and training camps.

The "no place to hide" strategy was a valid strategy.

Obviously, Iraq had nothing to do with the USS Cole attack, and I don't think I said or even implied that it did.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Then reenlist and fight.
At 71 years old? Sure.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
At 71 years old? Sure.
well fighting Islam is OUR moral obligation remember? You are not one of Us now?

I however have tons of active duty Marine friends who are still serving. My conscious doesn't allow me to send them overseas for "religious moral obligation."

I grew up Catholic, I've been a Christian for over 20 something years. I am still in my 20s. I am still young enough to join the army. But I won't fight for somebody else's religious belief.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:

Peaceful with me? I didn't know any."
You might want to answer the question below? You don't know any Muslims who have lived with you peacefully? I don't believe it.

Quote:
Oh please. You don't know anybody who are Muslims in your neighborhood?

I don't have any personal relationship with any Muslims. But we certainly have several Muslim families living in my neighborhood. I don't think they are the problem. I don't believe these peace loving folks should be constantly apologizing for the terrorists. It is not their fault.

Muslim leaders however, should regularly speak out against acts of terrorism. Leave the regular Muslim folks alone.

You seem to believe that even the Muslims living in your neighborhood are all ready to kill you, that is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies