Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I've served my time in the U.S. military, unlike you and most other snot-nosed liberal brats. If I were a little younger and still active duty, I would have no problem going there to take out these scumbags. It's only a matter of time before they export their jihad to the United States and kill more innocent people.

Obviously, you're too short-sighted to appreciate the ramifications of the situation. Hopefully Obama isn't as ignorant as the voters who elected him.
some good points. I think that we are just beginning to see the trouble coming from ISIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 09:54 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,044 times
Quote:

ISIS and the middle east are not our problem.
But this ISIS force is different than all the other terrorists that we have been fighting. They will be our problem. You can bet on it. We are in their sights.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You would have thought that Europe or US would have done something with the Russian convoy today with military amour. Doubt they will do much more about ISIS except talk really.
Talk is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals want America to be attacked again, obviously. Bill Clinton was busy getting oral sex while ignoring Al Qaeda. We got 9/11 as a result. Barack Obama is too busy being the anti-Bush to admit he was naïve about foreign policy. God only knows what attack we have coming our way while this President dithers. When ISIS infiltrates America, Barack Obama will be 100% to blame.
"Dithering" again?

Geez...Dick Cheney says a word, and....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
what if these guys won?? Do you think there would be some differences??
It would've been worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
But this ISIS force is different than all the other terrorists that we have been fighting. They will be our problem. You can bet on it. We are in their sights.
No...you WANT to be in their sights. I'm not in their sights. You can be if you so choose.

I'm staying here in wonderful old America.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:40 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
apparently there was evidence. Has it dawned on you, we gave Saddam so much time, he could easily gotten rid of what was there?

To you it was stupid, after the fact it might have not been the thing to do, except for getting Saddam, but hind sight is always better than 20/20. How many times have most of us wished we could do something over again, in a different way?
I don't believe that at all. And it was absolutely stupid to engage in a war there when we didn't have to. It's so easy for some of us to sit back and say we should have gone to war but most of us posting here didn't.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:55 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
The Kurds have adopted a rather unique strategy for not only eliminating their targets, but also humiliating them along the way.

According to WZ, Kurds are deploying whole units comprised of female fighters to the front line, which has boosted their recruitment numbers, and given them a psychological edge over ISIS. One female fighter explained why the Kurds have decided to put women in the thick of the battle, and it’s sure to make radical Islamists go crazy.

“The jihadists don’t like fighting women, because if they’re killed by a female, they think they won’t go to heaven.”

Awesome. The Kurds have an understanding of what it will take to stop ISIS, and it isn’t peace talks or goodwill offerings. It’s bombs, bullets, and brute force.
OK, the Kurds might be worth supporting after all.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:01 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
It was reported by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel just this morning that ISIS now has an 80K man army. At what point would you consider beginning a campaign to destroy them? Would you wait until they could muster a 200K man army and an Air Force capability before you committed ground troops or would you simply wait until they made an attack on American soil regardless to how big an army they could muster against our ground troops?
80K? I think that's quite a stretch but a good number to "justify" putting boots on the ground.

Quote:
Estimates of the number of fighters that might be affiliated with ISIS vary from more than 10,000 to as many as 17,000. That includes an initial vanguard of about 3,000 who swept into Mosul from Syria in early June and ISIS reinforcements from Syria since that time, as well as thousands of new foreign recruits and thousands of Iraqi Sunnis, like Baathists, who at least for now are allied with ISIS.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/22/wo...ters.html?_r=0

Old 08-22-2014, 11:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
OK, the Kurds might be worth supporting after all.
And that's where it's really at and what we're about this time.
Thank you, sir.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Just want to go on record as saying that if Obama decides to take out ISIS by putting troops on the ground, I would 100% support him in that endeavor.

Even if things were to go south later, I would not second guess him and anklebite like the liberals have done with President Bush's decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq after 9/11.
As far as fighting our enemies, we have more tools in our toolbox now. For example, the use of drones. So, I don't think we will have to put very many troops on the ground. But yes, I will support Obama's actions to contain ISIS. They need to be killed.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Just think if Gramps McCain had of been President, we would have been sending tanks and MRAP's to ISIS in Syria.

When you have an intelligent President in the White House like Pres. Obama, you get restraint when its called for. When you get the cowboys the GOP puts forth (W. and McCain, neither of whom are very bright, obviously) you get the invasion of Iraq (utter disaster that is largely responsible for ISIS) and you get McCain traveling to Syria clamoring to armor up anyone willing to say they hate Assad.

Thank God for President Obama, and may we NEVER have another Bush (or a similar idiot) in the White House in my lifetime.

ISIS needs to be annihilated, but putting "boots on the ground" won't work any better than the current Iraqi government.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:26 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
As far as fighting our enemies, we have more tools in our toolbox now. For example, the use of drones. So, I don't think we will have to put very many troops on the ground. But yes, I will support Obama's actions to contain ISIS. They need to be killed.
Drones and airstrikes, the answer to everything. Wishful thinking. IS won't be destroyed from the air. Unless Obama gets ME nations to battle IS, the question is whether U.S. troops will be back there before or after 9/11 Part 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies