Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Apparently you think Ben Carson is a singularity. He's not, not at all.
Where did I say that?

Old 08-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Oh, you get recognition, all right. You get recognized as actual individual human beings, not part of some amorphous, fear-inducing, subhuman enemy. Your bias is so all-encompassing that you can't even acknowldedge that.
No, I'm not looking for a pat on the back for being an average American citizen just like the Asians, Middle Easterners, Hispanics, and all other ethnic groups. We have assumed our places in our society and do not require or desire any fanfare for doing so.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
If you had, would you have hired him/her?
Were I to have hired a Black individual, it would not have been because of his/her race. He/she would have had to have been the most qualified applicant that I had before at that particular time. My business required no diversity nor do I support quota hidings. I am a firm believer in building any business oin the backs off the best qualified employees available.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWhat1 View Post
I work for a large broker dealer in L.A. and we have over 1,000 people working there. We do not have many blacks working here because they can't pass the Series 65, 66 exams. Our company goes out of its way to hire blacks for diversity's sake but they must pass the exams to stay employed. Most quit after not passing the first time and some are let go after they fail it 3 times (the max we allow). These are great paying jobs and our Company only has Whites, Hispanics and Asians working there except for our security, mail carrier and secretaries who happen to be black. The opportunity is there but if you are not up to par what more can one do to help.
They expect and demand preferential treatment in all things, especially in job consideration. Your company was a racist company to them.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
A black business owner is not different than a business owner of any other race. They are there to provide a service and make a profit. If property crime against business is bad in one neighborhood, no black business owner will want to take on the risk of being a victim to said crime. I don't subscribe to the philosophy that blacks should take on unnecessary risk simply to try and correct societal issues in poor black neighborhoods. Call it self centered, call if greed but at the end of the day, it's asking me to accept an unacceptable risk.

It sounds trite but it isn't when one says that if you want to see poor black neighborhoods thrive, then the community needs to decide enough is enough and get rid or curb the criminal element. Do that and the businesses will come. I've seen it happen here in Charleston where some neighborhoods finally had enough and lo and behold, it's now an up and coming area with increased home values, increased foot traffic, and increased businesses.

At some point, black leaders need to employ a bit of tough love and stop looking to the government to legislate away bad behavior or try to get the rest of the country to accept it - not gonna happen. Personal responsibility is the first step, not the only step, to stopping the cycle of poverty and crime.
Finally someone with some common sense. Great post.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
No, I'm not looking for a pat on the back for being an average American citizen just like the Asians, Middle Easterners, Hispanics, and all other ethnic groups. We have assumed our places in our society and do not require or desire any fanfare for doing so.
If African descendants were allowed to be average American citizens, they would be able to "assume their place in society" without these problems. But "you" as in the "we" you mention above, have gone out of your way to keep that from happening - and then you say it's "our" fault.

How insane is that?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Were I to have hired a Black individual, it would not have been because of his/her race. He/she would have had to have been the most qualified applicant that I had before at that particular time. My business required no diversity nor do I support quota hidings. I am a firm believer in building any business oin the backs off the best qualified employees available.
You sort of did not answer the question. I am assuming that you say you would hire the best qualified candidate. If that candidate were, say, a black male, would you hire him?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
If African descendants were allowed to be average American citizens, they would be able to "assume their place in society" without these problems. But "you" as in the "we" you mention above, have gone out of your way to keep that from happening - and then you say it's "our" fault.

How insane is that?
But you're not "average American citizens" as a whole, are you. Just follow the crime links I posted and you will plainly see how you really "fit into" society. Blacks are the most barbaric and murderous ethnic group in America.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
You sort of did not answer the question. I am assuming that you say you would hire the best qualified candidate. If that candidate were, say, a black male, would you hire him?
I believe I stated as such but I also stated previously that I never had the oppoirtunity to even consider hiring one.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
But you're not "average American citizens" as a whole, are you. Just follow the crime links I posted and you will plainly see how you really "fit into" society. Blacks are the most barbaric and murderous ethnic group in America.
Your fatal flaw, so to speak, is that you continue to ascribe qualities, negative or posisitve, to entire ethnic groups. And that destroys your credibility from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies