Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
Yep, her life has definitely been impressive. But like others here, I agree that she's a race baiter and I don't like her as a person. I don't know when she started to change, because there was a time when she was really lovable.
She didnt change at all, you did after she told you racism still exist.

It doesnt make her a race baiter to tell a true story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
She didnt change at all, you did after she told you racism still exist.

It doesnt make her a race baiter to tell a true story.
In my opinion she is a racist. She also twisted a story about buying a handbag to fit her agenda.

In the upscale boutiques of Singapore, New York or Zurich where Oprah Winfrey claims a sales clerk refused to show her a $38,000 bag purses priced in the four figures are common.

NOTE: It is common for these clerks NOT to show these bags (if available they are kept in back room... for "special repeat" customers). Oprah Winfrey KNOWS how this company does business is not common knowledge so she twisted it to meet her agenda.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:40 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I still admire Oprah Winfrey. She's roughly the same age as me, so she grew up in a segregated America, in very difficult circumstances. Things were different in those days. I have a close friend who is the same age as Oprah who told me about driving through Indiana as a teen w/ his brother, and no gas station would allow them to use the restroom due to their race.

But she managed to lift herself up by her bootstraps. I was living in Chicago in the early 80's when she got her start. IIRC her show was 'AM Chicago' and she was adorable.

The race-baiting is disappointing, but we all have our flaws.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:24 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I still admire Oprah Winfrey. She's roughly the same age as me, so she grew up in a segregated America, in very difficult circumstances. Things were different in those days. I have a close friend who is the same age as Oprah who told me about driving through Indiana as a teen w/ his brother, and no gas station would allow them to use the restroom due to their race.

But she managed to lift herself up by her bootstraps. I was living in Chicago in the early 80's when she got her start. IIRC her show was 'AM Chicago' and she was adorable.

The race-baiting is disappointing, but we all have our flaws.
Yes and you posted a link to Downtrend.Com....LOL!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 04:01 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,096 times
Oprah is a powerful woman. Luckily she is active in philanthropy!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:25 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oprah gets bashed by "others" for not sticking to her assigned role as the wise and understanding mammy. When she stepped away from that persona the "race baiter" accusations started to arise.
But Oprah gets flack from both whites and blacks lots of times. She is damned if she does and damned of she doesn't!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:49 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
I never have and never will understand what the Oprah deal is all about. I have no idea what she has done for the good of mankind. Why is she infamous, what has she really done? Cured cancer, been in space, a soldier, doctor, nurse, schoolteacher....what? If her entire world is that of a media person with a daytime show...who cares? Who watches that stuff? Who has time to do so? I have watched her on some interview show for about 15 minutes and she isn't an engaging personality in any way. The Oprah phenomenon is totally lost on me.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:07 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I admire Oprah, too. She had a tough start in life, very tough, yet was very smart, worked hard and made herself into one of the richest, most successful business people in America. I don't watch her shows, but I certainly respect the empire she has built. She is a very powerful force.
When she was a local TV, owned my Westinghouse, reporter she interviewed Frank Purdue of Purdue Chicken one of the largest in the country, she asked him, "What do you say to people who say you look like a chicken?" He replied, What do you say to people who say you look like a monkey?"

The next day Westinghouse moved her to Chicago.

It seems she doesn't mind asking insulting question but, can't take it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
She's a useless racist. They're a dime a dozen.
She is a racist.

When she cried that they wouldn't show her a handbag she knew most don't know that it is common to put those bags in the back room and only bring them out to repeat customers, I don't care if you are white, black, yellow, it's common practice. She knew this but tried to claim racism.

Poor princess, they wouldn't show her a $38,000.00 handbag,

Old 10-29-2014, 04:06 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
can not stand the bitc&
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies