Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 02:56 PM

201 posts, read 148,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Too bad Mississippi is so backwards.
Apparently Nevada is also. Senator Harry Reid's public school system is ranked dead last three years in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Ironic since the proudest flyers of the confederate flag actually tried to secede from the United States, and waged war to do so.

There is nothing phonier than right-wing patriotism.
Yes there is. It's liberal concern over anything constructive.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:03 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Put it in museum along with dodge balls, and other memorbelia from the past. .

or the Bund, who also was fighting to detroy the USA. Good decision by California!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
He asked you what your Black Panthers stood for and you didn't answer him. Now I will ask you, what exactly does your Black Panthers stand for and what have you and the radical left contributed? I know your Civil Rights Act you're so proud of was passed mostly by Republicans. I would deem Senator Byrd as being from your radical right. Did that Democrat Senator vote for the Civil Rights Act?

P.S. I'm not your buddy either.
What he did was dance around a relevant question by asking a ridiculous question based off a Tea party talking point!!! That's not going to fly with me!!!

Regarding "your black panthers"? I don't have any black panthers, I don't know any black panthers, and I don't support those black panthers!!! There is no part of the New Black Panther Party ideology that lines up with progressive principles! In my opinion the NBPP are clowns that stole the name of the original organization from the 60s and 70s...

Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
The Southerners were able to get some amount of work out of the Black populace. All you Yankees did was put them on welfare.
Please...before Roosevelt, half the damn white folks in the South were starving to death. And if it wasn't for him providing all them big government programs, they WOULD'VE starved to death.

The only reason they had slavery down there in the first place is because southern whites were too damn lazy to do their own work.

That's why they fought so hard to keep slavery.

Of course, they lost that battle too. 200+ years of beating up and terrorizing defenseless slaves didn't help them much when they ran up on someone who'd fight back.

Plenty of Confederate cemeteries can attest to that.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
or the Bund, who also was fighting to detroy the USA. Good decision by California!
Therein lies the real question. Who really cares? I know of no one alive to whom it really affects today. It's akin to talking about Prohibition and the Roaring Twenties. Ancient history.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please...before Roosevelt, half the damn white folks in the South were starving to death. And if it wasn't for him providing all them big government programs, they WOULD'VE starved to death.

The only reason they had slavery down there in the first place is because southern whites were too damn lazy to do their own work.

That's why they fought so hard to keep slavery.

Of course, they lost that battle too. 200+ years of beating up and terrorizing defenseless slaves didn't help them much when they ran up on someone who'd fight back.

Plenty of Confederate cemeteries can attest to that.
Yeah. Apparently they met little opposition from the Blacks themselves. The slaves were even sold to the slavers by other Blacks. The biggest slaveholder in the United States was a Black man. Most all the men who fought in the war owned no slaves at all.

Tell me about YOUR days on the old plantation and how you were mistreated. How old are you now?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:10 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I wonder if you could sell a Confederate flag puzzle at the fair.

If in pieces is it still contraband?

Sounds like the fools in Sacramento have more work to do!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What he did was dance around a relevant question by asking a ridiculous question based off a Tea party talking point!!! That's not going to fly with me!!!

Regarding "your black panthers"? I don't have any black panthers, I don't know any black panthers, and I don't support those black panthers!!! There is no part of the New Black Panther Party ideology that lines up with progressive principles! In my opinion the NBPP are clowns that stole the name of the original organization from the 60s and 70s...
And that is exactly how most whites feel about the KKK you want to trot out here in your racist tirades.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:15 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Confederate Flags come in handy if you get the urge to roast marshmallows.

That's pretty much it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies