Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 11:52 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times

Advertisements

Seriously? Do you understand how healthy this is in comparison to pounds OD butter and sugar? This has minimal bread and is mostly vegetables w a thin layer of cheese and sauce.

Just what the USA needs, pictures of women being shamed for eating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 12:02 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
I must say that those cookies look delicious and I'd prob eat like 5 in a day if someone made them for me.

But all the haters need to complete the loop. I'm sure most of you don't want your tax money going to fund programs like this. I personally don't want my tax dollars funding the health care of a nation of obese citizens.

You can't have it both ways. You WILL be funding one or the other. And funding indigent health care is not new, it's only been brought to light a the ACA asking for more personal responsibility.

So what do you want to fun? I'd personally rather fund programs to help people lose weight than help pay for all of the health probs obesity brings.

Honestly, I am a liberal and would rather pay for neither, so how about you all don't be fat! You know, like don't be poor!

Old 09-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
School children in Elyria, Ohio are mourning the demise of a 40-year tradition – the loss of their beloved pink cookie. The fabled cookie, long served in local school cafeterias, was done in by a pound of butter, six cups of powdered sugar and the Obama administration’s food police.

“It no longer meets the national school lunch program guidelines for snacks,” said Amy Higgins, the spokesperson for Elyria City Schools. “It has too many calories.”

Feds ban school
False argument, they can still make and sell it, they just cant use federal money to do it

Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
False argument, they can still make and sell it, they just cant use federal money to do it

We didn't use any government funds to bake our cookies - they were very profitable and paid for themselves. We also made large special occasion cookies to order (several racks of them on Valentine's Day, for example). Also the kids...as well as the teachers and administration...ordered specially made birthday cookies for friends. They weren't free. They had to pay for them.

Now we are not allowed to make them at all.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
We didn't use any government funds to bake our cookies - they were very profitable and paid for themselves. We also made large special occasion cookies to order (several racks of them on Valentine's Day, for example). Also the kids...as well as the teachers and administration...ordered specially made birthday cookies for friends. They weren't free. They had to pay for them.

Now we are not allowed to make them at all.
Yes you are. You have chosen to not make them. Make them, sell them, no one is going to do a thing about it.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:29 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Oh well. They will live another day to whine some more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Amazing how many pictures are out there of the First Lady and The President eating ^^......what is up with that!

I personally would avoid pictures of eating if I was pushing people not to eat.

Food Police and no time for ISIS.
People are obsessed with disrespecting her especially. No other President's wife has been to subjected to the same level of disrespect. Says much about the low morals of many Americans.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:46 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Oh well. They will live another day to whine some more...

People are obsessed with disrespecting her especially. No other President's wife has been to subjected to the same level of disrespect. Says much about the low morals of many Americans.
Respect is earned. Not something given just because everyone knows your name....

Old 09-01-2014, 09:10 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Agreed. The way some people speak of her is appalling.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Agreed. The way some people speak of her is appalling.
That will happen when you tell people that you know better what is best for their kid than they do.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:03 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Respect is earned. Not something given just because everyone knows your name....
People with any semblence of morality have a general respect for other human beings. Further, it is a sign of backward culture to feel it is acceptable to disrespect a man's wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies