Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Yeah.

From the comments section:
The guy used a gay hook-up app to lure two gay men into meeting him in Seattle, where he murdered them. That’s the type of crime the media salivates over, so that it can spend days and weeks beating their chests, and giving us sanctimonious lectures on the evils of American society. But, because the perp is black, and a Muslim convert, there has been no national coverage, only stony silence. It doesn’t fit the media agenda. Now 4 people are dead, and still no national coverage.
You are right. We have known about this for weeks, but only because it happened in my area. In fact my wife knows the mother of the 19 year old that was killed in NJ. I was a little surprised that it didn't get more national coverage. Especially since this guy killed people in multiple states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
The man who killed three people at a Jewish center in Oklahoma City in April grew up a Christian, and since Christians have been notorious throughout their history for killing Jews, lets impugn the entire Christian religion for what this man did. Even though Christians have made great strides in their tolerance of Jews.

I view Islam the way I view Christianity, there are fanatics with more than a willingness to commit violence in the name of their beliefs, but it is not the way of the entire religion. And those loose cannons are very hard to control because they can turn their trajectory back onto their own. That man in Oklahoma City, who thought he was killing Jews, killed three Christians instead.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are right. We have known about this for weeks, but only because it happened in my area. In fact my wife knows the mother of the 19 year old that was killed in NJ. I was a little surprised that it didn't get more national coverage. Especially since this guy killed people in multiple states.
He's black and Muslim so the national media will ignore this story as long as possible. We need more independent national media in this country.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:48 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This has nothing to do with religion, he didnt kill them because God told him to. He did it because of ideology.

Also, Muhammad the profit lived in Saudi Arabia, so even if he is claiming he did it for religious reasons, its misguided religious reasons.
He said he did it for religious reasons. I would say you can't argue with that but apparently you can.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:27 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
From the comments section:
The guy used a gay hook-up app to lure two gay men into meeting him in Seattle, where he murdered them. That’s the type of crime the media salivates over, so that it can spend days and weeks beating their chests, and giving us sanctimonious lectures on the evils of American society. But, because the perp is black, and a Muslim convert, there has been no national coverage, only stony silence. It doesn’t fit the media agenda.
^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He said he did it for religious reasons. I would say you can't argue with that but apparently you can.
For most leftists here, this only matters when the perps are Christians who won't sell a wedding cake or dress. The language they use in those threads is actually disturbing and shows their true feelings.

Radical Muslims committing murder get ignored or even defended.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This doesn't make any sense to me. If he was killing for religion/ideology, why did he kill mostly black men - including a Muslim?

Everyone knows that the killing of black people is not considered significant in America, and that Muslims even less so.

This guy was just a murderous thug, not a jihadist.
Then he should get the secular rope tied around his neck.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:47 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The man who killed three people at a Jewish center in Oklahoma City in April grew up a Christian, and since Christians have been notorious throughout their history for killing Jews, lets impugn the entire Christian religion for what this man did. Even though Christians have made great strides in their tolerance of Jews.

I view Islam the way I view Christianity, there are fanatics with more than a willingness to commit violence in the name of their beliefs, but it is not the way of the entire religion. And those loose cannons are very hard to control because they can turn their trajectory back onto their own. That man in Oklahoma City, who thought he was killing Jews, killed three Christians instead.
Essential difference being that laws were crafted by predominantly Christian societies outlawing this behaviour, NOT advocating it.

Those laws are used, again predominantly by Christians, to prosecute those Christians who commit these crimes, especially when they occur against another religion. Whereas; when those crimes are committed by Muslims against Christians, or even other Muslims, there is not only a reluctance to acknowledge the crime and prosecute it, but in many cases a glorification and celebration of the crime itself by millions of Muslims.

Witnessing the scenes of celebration by millions of Muslims all over the word upon 9/11, would you then hypothesize those were only the radical segment of Islam? Millions?

Old 08-25-2014, 10:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then he should get the secular rope tied around his neck.
Whatever rope will do.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This doesn't make any sense to me. If he was killing for religion/ideology, why did he kill mostly black men - including a Muslim?

Everyone knows that the killing of black people is not considered significant in America, and that Muslims even less so.

This guy was just a murderous thug, not a jihadist.

Why would his religion or ideology spare him from killing black men?

But you're right. He's probably trying to become some sort of hero, latching on to a Jihadi message when in fact, he's just a sociopath.

The two black guys in Seattle were targeted specifically because he is/they were gay.... probably some pathology at play there being a religious nutbag and having repressed homosexual feelings. So those poor guys had to suffer.

The killing of the random 19 year old white kid walking down the street in New Jersey is odd. Doesn't seem to have any rationale.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:15 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Why would his religion or ideology spare him from killing
black men?
It's a bit of irony and dark humor perhaps, but the word going around after 9-11, for example, was that if anyone wanted to be safe from terrorist attacks, all they had to do was move to or spend time in a black community. Every more-than-incompetent jihadist knows that if they were to kill black people or destroy their neighborhoods, nobody in America in general is going to really be hurt, care or want revenge. If you really want to make a statement and hurt America, killing black folk ain't gonna do it. They know that they would have to strike mainstream white America in order to make any real impact.

Quote:
But you're right. He's probably trying to become some sort of hero, latching on
to a Jihadi message when in fact, he's just a sociopath.
I frankly don't know of any jihadis who aren't sociopaths, but yeah.
Quote:

The two black guys in Seattle were targeted specifically because he is/they
were gay.... probably some pathology at play there being a religious nutbag and
having repressed homosexual feelings. So those poor guys had to suffer.

The killing of the random 19 year old white kid walking down the street in
New Jersey is odd. Doesn't seem to have any rationale.
I think this guy was just a run-of-the mill murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies