Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 08:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I am countering people like you who have jumped to seriously wrong conclusions about what is St Louis and Ferguson thanks to media manipulation for ratings and profit.
This is what Ferguson is really about:
http://petapixel.com/assets/uploads/.../ferguson5.jpg
(And feel free to read more here Embarrassed to Photograph Ferguson)
That is what residents actually saw, rather than the mass protesting and rioting in the streets that has been presented. Most nights, there are less than 20 protesters. Even in the peak of the nighttime rioting, there was rarely more than 50, and 90%+ were from outside Ferguson and ~50% from outside Missouri later on.

And yes, I absolutely do believe this small handful of people, out of the much larger number who witnessed the event, would "risk their reputation" for a payday as long as it did not result in jail time for them. I think that 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 would do exactly that; and considering the length of the FBI witness list, that is what is happening.

Also realize, that you are getting only the bits of their story the news wants you to hear. I've been interview by the news a half dozen times. Every time, the story I tell is edited down into a new story that is more controversial and better to get viewers, no matter how boring the original story. How much coverage have you seen of this portion of Piaget Crenshaw's interview with Anderson Cooper?

CNN.com - Transcripts
COOPER: You say his arms were up. There's an account from this woman who called into the radio show who claims that the officer is saying Michael Brown was rushing the police officer. Is that what you saw?
CRENSHAW: No. At no time did I see him move towards that police officer. He may have taken one centimenter of a step forward before he was gunned down.
COOPER: You say his hands were up. Do you remember in what way they were up?
CRENSHAW: They were just slowly going up. They probably didn't even get a chance to get all the way up there before he was struck.

Not much, right? Because after the original airing it was pulled from the air and subsequent replays edited that part out. This was Piaget's last public interview after she said that. Why? How many news outlets yesterday reported that I-70 was shut down by protesters? It wasn't, nearby Hanley Rd was shutdown and I-70 never was stopped by police or protesters.

There's a lot of money being made off Mike Brown, and that money is not going to Ferguson.
I've been following the story since Day 1. The initial resulting coverage. The initial interview with an eye witness who saw the entire event. The following coverage. How the story has been twisted. The facts that have been released and the faux facts that have been released.

I've followed the coverage of the protests as well before they made national headlines. I followed the Twitter feeds for a few nights in a row non-stop. I saw how drastically things changed when the big media whigs got there compared to when it was only the independents and low level journalist.

I can talk knowledgeably about the situation thus far and have followed the protests extensively.

I guess I'll start my address to your response by stating what your opinion currently is.

Your opinion is that some or all of the witnesses are lying and that there are witnesses who have not come forward who are saying that Brown attacked the officer.

I'll lob this question your way. Why are those witnesses more credible than the current ones? And do you believe there are more witnesses supporting Wilson's story, than Brown's??

And if so, then why would they not come forward for a big payday like the others? Wouldn't this person likely be from the same community that was in united agreement that there was an unneccessary killing that just too place?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Game changer witnesses? White ones as well!!

New Michael Brown shooting witnesses describe scene - CNN.com

Old 09-11-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Game changer witnesses? White ones as well!!

New Michael Brown shooting witnesses describe scene - CNN.com
Thanks for the contribution.

A narrated, documented descriptions of the final moments of the Michael Brown shooting by witnesses. Two witnesses who are also white (no race motive) and who aren't from the area (no relationship motive).

Old 09-11-2014, 08:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Thanks for the contribution.

A narrated, documented descriptions of the final moments of the Michael Brown shooting by witnesses. Two witnesses who are also white (no race motive) and who aren't from the area (no relationship motive).
This video isn't much different from the one where the off-camera witness (who appears to be black and no relation to the cop) says that Brown doubles back toward the cop after the struggle in the police vehicle.

Which one do you believe?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:59 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
I'll lob this question your way. Why are those witnesses more credible than the current ones? And do you believe there are more witnesses supporting Wilson's story, than Brown's??

And if so, then why would they not come forward for a big payday like the others? Wouldn't this person likely be from the same community that was in united agreement that there was an unneccessary killing that just too place?
Because for the witnesses who have come forward to the news media, there is no financial or criminal penalty for lying. There is considerable financial reward if you give the statement that the news wants to hear. Do you think only these six people have offered their account to CNN?

For the witnesses who have given statements to the grand jury, there is considerable criminal penalty for lying. I don't know one way or the other if more witnesses support Wilson's story or Brown's story. Just that you can attach little credibility to a statement to the media when people are being paid for those statements.

The Ferguson community is far from united agreement that this was an unlawful killing. (Clearly this was an unnecessary killing. No killing is necessary ever regardless of the circumstances.)

Remember, the protesters you see represent less than 0.5% of Ferguson's population. They don't even amount to 5% of the population of the very apartment complex where Brown was shot. How much coverage have you seen of the massive fundraisers in downtown Ferguson in support of the city of Ferguson where thousands of people are showing up to spend money at Ferguson restaurants throughout the downtown? How much news footage have you seen of Chris Shanahan and Brian Fletcher and the Ferguson Proud/I (heart) Ferguson campaign. (Interesting to note, that neither Darren Wilson nor Mike Brown nor a single one of the protest leaders or police leaders is from Ferguson.)

But the anarchists have made it very clear what will happen to anyone who goes to the media with an account favorable to Wilson. They will publish you name and address online and throughout their networks, and the name and address of your family members as well. There is actually a well circulated hitlist posted by the anarchists on doxbin right now. Just consider what happened to Bryan Willman....

They even ripped all of the I heart Ferguson signs out of the ground every day to prevent them from being seen in the newscasts at night. Every day, the Ferguson Proud group puts them back. Meanwhile, no one reports on the death threats that continue to flood the phones of Shanahan and Fletcher (who have been targeted online).

Old 09-11-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This video isn't much different from the one where the off-camera witness (who appears to be black and no relation to the cop) says that Brown doubles back toward the cop after the struggle in the police vehicle.

Which one do you believe?
I've already dissected that video a few times. That video is COMPLETELY different.

First off, we don't officially know who is narrating the video. It's not a direct eye witness and its not clear as to WHO he said doubled back. The man in the video has never publicly given his account of the video or what happened.

The audio was intepreted by a few fringe RW sites and some posters ran with it.

In this video, the witnesses are known and give their account of what happened.

Not the same at all.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Because for the witnesses who have come forward to the news media, there is no financial or criminal penalty for lying. There is considerable financial reward if you give the statement that the news wants to hear. Do you think only these six people have offered their account to CNN?

For the witnesses who have given statements to the grand jury, there is considerable criminal penalty for lying. I don't know one way or the other if more witnesses support Wilson's story or Brown's story. Just that you can attach little credibility to a statement to the media when people are being paid for those statements.

The Ferguson community is far from united agreement that this was an unlawful killing. (Clearly this was an unnecessary killing. No killing is necessary ever regardless of the circumstances.)

Remember, the protesters you see represent less than 0.5% of Ferguson's population. They don't even amount to 5% of the population of the very apartment complex where Brown was shot. How much coverage have you seen of the massive fundraisers in downtown Ferguson in support of the city of Ferguson where thousands of people are showing up to spend money at Ferguson restaurants throughout the downtown? How much news footage have you seen of Chris Shanahan and Brian Fletcher and the Ferguson Proud/I (heart) Ferguson campaign. (Interesting to note, that neither Darren Wilson nor Mike Brown nor a single one of the protest leaders or police leaders is from Ferguson.)

But the anarchists have made it very clear what will happen to anyone who goes to the media with an account favorable to Wilson. They will publish you name and address online and throughout their networks, and the name and address of your family members as well. There is actually a well circulated hitlist posted by the anarchists on doxbin right now. Just consider what happened to Bryan Willman....

They even ripped all of the I heart Ferguson signs out of the ground every day to prevent them from being seen in the newscasts at night. Every day, the Ferguson Proud group puts them back. Meanwhile, no one reports on the death threats that continue to flood the phones of Shanahan and Fletcher (who have been targeted online).
So your saying the public witnesses won't testify before the grand jury??

I keep hearing about media this and media that, but its not the media telling the story. It's actual witnesses.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:

I keep hearing about media this and media that, but its not the media telling the story. It's actual witnesses.
The contractor that said He had his F***** hands up had his back to the camera filing him. Did he know he was in a video? I don't know and the truth will come out.

If this video gets vetted as factual then it isn't looking so good for Officer Wilson.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:25 AM

222 posts, read 185,659 times
What they are saying is the media is EDITTING the story and FORMULATING a narrative. The witnesses aren't being thrown in front of a camera and told to talk. Their statements are vetted by the news organization before they go in front of the camera. Not vetted for accuracy though. Vetted for juiciness. News orgs are never interested in truth only ratings.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:42 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:

They will testify. But their testimony in front of the grand jury does not have to match what was on the air. Like I mentioned earlier, Dorian Johnson (that first witness who saw the whole thing) went into witness protection after he testified to the grand jury and has refused to talk to the media any more.

The media is choosing which witnesses to air and editing what they say. You are not hearing everything any of these people have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies